Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure i grew up a ENFP. Especially throughout middle and high school. However, I don't think ENFP traits completely describe me anymore. So i retook the test and this is what i scored:

Extroverted (E) 59.46% Introverted (I) 40.54%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Feeling (F) 56.67% Thinking (T) 43.33%
Perceiving (P) 64.71% Judging (J) 35.29%

I grew up with a father who stressed self improvement and balance. I credit him for helping me develop my T and S. I read the descriptions for all the xxxP types. None of them fit completely and they all fit somewhat. Am i balanced? or am i just confused?

E or I: I love parties. I go buck wild. I won't drink and people would think i'm intoxicated. But at the same time I spend hours alone thinking about life and the meaning of it.

S or N: I tell people i read minds. I've sat down in front of people and told them what they are thinking just by reading their facial expressions and their personalities. I also am very down to earth and hate fantasy and dreamers.

F or T:very empathetic. I feel people's pain. But at the same time i'm a hardliner.

P: I kno i'm a P. Need space to operate.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
^^ each function has a very distinct use.*

you sound like an ENFP to me. just because you aren't a typical ENFP doesn't mean you aren't one. mindreader types are typically your NFs and maybe ENTPs.

and the way you describe yourself as "hating dreamers" and being a "hardliner" seems to express your views and not any function, although a lot of ENFPs develop and use their Te almost too much which makes them seem more hardline than typical ENFPs.

i'd go E, because Is are never "buckwild at a party" sober, wheras Es can be very reflective
i'd go N just because your whole friggin post shouts it out for everyone to hear
F/T is more tricky, but then that does fit the description of an ENFP who tries to balance Fi and Te
and you've already said you are a P.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
A few things to consider...

1. People don't "change" types. Read around the forum - plenty of info on why that is.
2. Type profiles are caricatures of what a type often looks like. No one will fit the details of any description perfectly. Just use them to get a feel for each type.
2. Look into cognitive functions. Types are just labeling what thought processes, or functions, we use. Once you learn what they are and mean, then the profiles seem a bit "stereotypical". Again, plenty of info on the board & internet. Have fun reading :tongue:

E or I: I love parties. I go buck wild. I won't drink and people would think i'm intoxicated. But at the same time I spend hours alone thinking about life and the meaning of it.

S or N: I tell people i read minds. I've sat down in front of people and told them what they are thinking just by reading their facial expressions and their personalities. I also am very down to earth and hate fantasy and dreamers.
The top bolded suggests Fi to me, which makes sense as an ExFP uses Fi (introverted feeling) as their auxiliary function.

The second bolded suggests Se (extroverted sensing). You easily pick up on physical clues, and your Fi provides an accurate evaluation. ENFPs are more likely to read "vibes", non-physical clues which they cannot pinpoint through observation.

You prefer real things to imaginative ones. Sensors tend to express this attitude. This is because they are more comfortable processing the concrete and tangible; things they can experience in reality.

I suggest looking into ESFP more, especially the ESFP's cognitive functions.

Reactions: Neon Knight
1 - 7 of 7 Posts