Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just so you know I'm new to this forum, so I apologise if I'm not posting this in the right spot.

I was wondering if anyone can help me understand something. Reading through allot of descriptions of INFJ personalities, they often mention that we are supposed to be prophetic and often have dreams and intuitive hunches and the like. However I often feel like I don't experience that, I've tried working on my dream memory and recall but to no avail. Does that mean that I'm not really an INFJ? Or is it just too early in my development to tell still? Is there something I can do to improve my intuition?
Any advice or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
People lump a lot of mystical stuff in with MBTI. Things like that aren't part of actual theory so don't let that influence your typing. I can't tell from this if you're the type or not, but this is definitely not a reason to think you're not the type.

As to what does actually happen:
INFJs are constantly organizing concepts in their head. We're visualizing how everything fits together and our brain tries to form a single conclusion from all of the data. This can mean that we feel like we are detatched from reality in a way (since the concepts become more and more removed from any tangible data in the outside world) and it means we come up with solutions that might not seem obvious to others as much (since it's usually based on a high-concept idea rather than anything tangible). This can lead some people to see the INxJ types as visionaries.
It's all nonsense of course, since we can't even see the trees for the forest. We can get so wound up in our high-concept world that we miss obvious things (to S-types anyways).

Besides, with INFJs the hunches are always there, but not actively, like they are with INFPs. The ideas are always running around in our heads, looking to find their place in the larger truth we're always searching for. If you find yourself with answers to questions you had months or even years ago, that might mean you're an INXJ. If you're getting prophetic dreams, that could mean you're any type at all, since that kind of thing isn't part of your personality.

·
Registered
897 Posts
INFJ is the Pisces of MBTI. The special psychic one that avoids conflict and spends all its time staring off into the distance, seeing things nobody else can.

It's not legit. It's a nice way of dressing up what's really a very average type. Don't worry if you're not that way - it's normal. I'm not that way either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for all of your advice.
Can I ask though, what was it like for you during your teenage years?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Some days I am not an INFJ, I am not a rock or a chunk of Granite, I am me and I am fluid and elastic like my dreams,

To enter your dream world, keep a diary/notepad next to your bed, when you are dreaming wake yourself up from the dream (after some practice you can do this quite easily) and write down what you experienced, note the feelings as well as the story line and any meanings, it takes time, do this every morning when you wake up write down any dream like experiences you had whilst asleep. Include your day dreams there too

Teenage years were a hell for me personally, everyone, especially the bullies who thought I was gay, strange, deformed and weird. I eventually learned that it was they who were strange, deformed and weird and I was actually OK

It was like I had a suit of armour with spikes on inside out, I now have a fully developed suit of armour with the spikes pointing in the right direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts