Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone seems to think I'm an NF of some sort and most commonly, an ENFJ. I've literally thought of myself as nearly every type. How did all of you learn about your type?

Reactions: Einstein

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It took a couple months for me to set it in stone and know for sure. You also have to take into account that a lot of people have "internet selves" and "in person selves". How you come off through bland, impersonal text.... which even then I want to say some personality types have certain ways they type :D
Syntax, ellipses, emoticons, feeling words, thinking words, etc.

I come off very energetic online, and passionate, almost like an ENFP. But in person I am a complete stranger. I have a lot of enthusiasm and energy in person, but it's much more composed. It's just kind of general. I seem a little unflappable, but I don't know if you'd ever see me jump up and down in my chair...

But yeah. How I found out... well. I took tests after tests, and I got ENFJ multiple times.... but my scores always came out low. It was a user error, because I don't always pay attention to what I do so it makes it difficult to answer questions about myself. I met with someone on YouTube who offered to type me on skype. He asked me two questions then went on to talk about the goals and different things he was accomplishing in his life for like 30 minutes. Then he said "Any questions?" I said "hmmmmm yeah I think I have one..... what's my type? :happy:"

"Hmm. I'm not really sure. I'd say you were an INFJ like me, because whenever you stop to think about something you make the same facial expressions I do." and I'm thinking "That's cause we both use Ni. We talked about me for 2 minutes then you for 40...." I didn't want to waste anymore of his time, though, cause he said his girlfriend was making dinner, so I said thanks and how much I appreciated him taking his time... and moved on. I was really polite and stuff, and then I realized "Yeah I'm using my Fe more than my Ni. He just didn't pick up on it."

So I felt like you know....... I got it narrowed down at least. ENFJ or INFJ. Reading inferior functions sealed it for me. My Ti is completely inferior without a doubt. Reading up on inferior functions is a really good way to triangulate your personality type so to speak.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It was tedious to read the whole thing, but I admit that link helped me understand a lot of stuff. Might not be the best advice for every ENFJ though, but it was incredibly useful. I didn't know how to identify my Se and now I can easily tell when I'm being obsessively Se under emotional stress, which is what causes me to become introverted.

I would recommend to skip through the first part of the article as quickly as possible, because it talks about a lot of stuff that is not completely useful to quickly understand the big picture. The whole article is useful, don't get me wrong. It just seems to be written with a focus on deductive logic.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It took a couple months for me to set it in stone and know for sure. You also have to take into account that a lot of people have "internet selves" and "in person selves". How you come off through bland, impersonal text.... which even then I want to say some personality types have certain ways they type :D
Syntax, ellipses, emoticons, feeling words, thinking words, etc.

I come off very energetic online, and passionate, almost like an ENFP. But in person I am a complete stranger. I have a lot of enthusiasm and energy in person, but it's much more composed. It's just kind of general. I seem a little unflappable, but I don't know if you'd ever see me jump up and down in my chair...

But yeah. How I found out... well. I took tests after tests, and I got ENFJ multiple times.... but my scores always came out low. It was a user error, because I don't always pay attention to what I do so it makes it difficult to answer questions about myself. I met with someone on YouTube who offered to type me on skype. He asked me two questions then went on to talk about the goals and different things he was accomplishing in his life for like 30 minutes. Then he said "Any questions?" I said "hmmmmm yeah I think I have one..... what's my type? :happy:"

"Hmm. I'm not really sure. I'd say you were an INFJ like me, because whenever you stop to think about something you make the same facial expressions I do." and I'm thinking "That's cause we both use Ni. We talked about me for 2 minutes then you for 40...." I didn't want to waste anymore of his time, though, cause he said his girlfriend was making dinner, so I said thanks and how much I appreciated him taking his time... and moved on. I was really polite and stuff, and then I realized "Yeah I'm using my Fe more than my Ni. He just didn't pick up on it."

So I felt like you know....... I got it narrowed down at least. ENFJ or INFJ. Reading inferior functions sealed it for me. My Ti is completely inferior without a doubt. Reading up on inferior functions is a really good way to triangulate your personality type so to speak.
Oh I see. Haha. That seems like a rather interesting way to type someone. Not trying to ask for too much, but could you do that with me? I've been conflicted about my type for around 3/4 years. That was nice of you. I try to be as polite as possible but it's more individualized than about accepted social norms. Like I think about how I would feel if I were the other person and I try to make them feel as comfortable as possible. Unless they're douchebags Though when I was younger, I used to offend everyone. Oh okay, thanks. I'm not sure what my inferior function is at all. I'm pretty sure I've been unhealthy for half of my life which makes it more difficult.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was tedious to read the whole thing, but I admit that link helped me understand a lot of stuff. Might not be the best advice for every ENFJ though, but it was incredibly useful. I didn't know how to identify my Se and now I can easily tell when I'm being obsessively Se under emotional stress, which is what causes me to become introverted.

I would recommend to skip through the first part of the article as quickly as possible, because it talks about a lot of stuff that is not completely useful to quickly understand the big picture. The whole article is useful, don't get me wrong. It just seems to be written with a focus on deductive logic.
Mhm, it's a very helpful artticle. I skimmed. Which parts resonated with you the most? Thanks for replying to this thread!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh I see. Haha. That seems like a rather interesting way to type someone. Not trying to ask for too much, but could you do that with me? I've been conflicted about my type for around 3/4 years. That was nice of you. I try to be as polite as possible but it's more individualized than about accepted social norms. Like I think about how I would feel if I were the other person and I try to make them feel as comfortable as possible. Unless they're douchebags Though when I was younger, I used to offend everyone. Oh okay, thanks. I'm not sure what my inferior function is at all. I'm pretty sure I've been unhealthy for half of my life which makes it more difficult.
You asked for iamken's advice, but my skype details are in my profile and under my avatar in case I can be of help. I'm not sure about how much I can help but I would like to (at least) try to help you.

Mhm, it's a very helpful artticle. I skimmed. Which parts resonated with you the most? Thanks for replying to this thread!
The part where it talked about the archetype of every function considering it's strength was the most useful. The shadow functions description was also really enlightening.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You asked for iamken's advice, but my skype details are in my profile and under my avatar in case I can be of help. I'm not sure about how much I can help but I would like to (at least) try to help you.

The part where it talked about the archetype of every function considering it's strength was the most useful. The shadow functions description was also really enlightening.
Thank you so much! That's very kind of you! That was incredibly fascinating. I really liked reading about the demon functions.

Reactions: fatum210

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
No no no. I didn't type anyone. I think I've only successfully typed one person, and that was during a slow day at work. I was like "hmm I want to ask you a few questions."

Some stranger on youtube did that for ME. He'd been studying MBTI for 5+ years, and before then NLP and general psychology. No, my co-worker and me went over it for about 3 hours, cause we were just bored and she enjoys when people notice her and talk about her.......... and even then I don't know if it's accurate. (I typed her as an ESFJ if anyone was curious haha. I really want to know if I did it right, but I just can't know for sure)

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No no no. I didn't type anyone. I think I've only successfully typed one person, and that was during a slow day at work. I was like "hmm I want to ask you a few questions."

Some stranger on youtube did that for ME. He'd been studying MBTI for 5+ years, and before then NLP and general psychology. No, my co-worker and me went over it for about 3 hours, cause we were just bored and she enjoys when people notice her and talk about her.......... and even then I don't know if it's accurate. (I typed her as an ESFJ if anyone was curious haha. I really want to know if I did it right, but I just can't know for sure)
Haha, I know. I was just asking if you could do what that stranger did for you, for me.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Haha, I know. I was just asking if you could do what that stranger did for you, for me.
I could try. But take whatever I say with a grain of salt....

Oh God and be patient with me. Cause there's gonna be a lot of "Wait let me look this up and make sure I understand the concept correctly before I ask this next question."

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I could try. But take whatever I say with a grain of salt....

Oh God and be patient with me. Cause there's gonna be a lot of "Wait let me look this up and make sure I understand the concept correctly before I ask this next question."
Oh I already talked with fatum210 but validating my type would be good. Haha, it's okay.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Everyone seems to think I'm an NF of some sort and most commonly, an ENFJ. I've literally thought of myself as nearly every type. How did all of you learn about your type?
I'm an expert on ENFJ's! :p

Do you think you are an NF? Tell me about yourself. :)

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm an expert on ENFJ's! :p

Do you think you are an NF? Tell me about yourself. :)
Oooh that's great! I'm afraid I don't anymore, it seems like I'm an ENTJ, like you. I'm still somewhat conflicted on whether I'm an ENFP or ENTJ though. Hmm where do I begin?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Oooh that's great! I'm afraid I don't anymore, it seems like I'm an ENTJ, like you. I'm still somewhat conflicted on whether I'm an ENFP or ENTJ though. Hmm where do I begin?
I'll ask questions!

1. what makes you think you are an ENTJ?

2. What makes you think you are an ENFP?

3. What career interests you?

4. What do you do for fun?

5. Describe the last big decision you made. How did you make it?

Reactions: QueenOfCats

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll ask questions!

1. what makes you think you are an ENTJ?

I definitely use Te and Fi though I use Te more than Fi. I'm definitely an extravert. I am considered outgoing and I honestly do love talking to people. I'm an intuitive. I'm much more concerned about the future than I am by the present. I'm definitely don't live in the moment. I like to plan things out and I start the day with a to-do list. I especially enjoy long term planning and I have high standards for myself and others. I am incredibly objective.

2. What makes you think you are an ENFP?

Same as above. I use Te and Fi. I'm an ENxx. I do have a lot of ideas and I want to make the world a better place with those ideas. I have a strong moral code with rules that I have to follow and be consistent with. I feel like the world's full of exciting possibilities. I can be dramatic about things.

3. What career interests you?

I really don't know. Nothing's really connected with me. I guess either a recreational therapist or a journalist because iboth seem like fun jobs. Of course, I'll have hobbies on the side, preferably a few that might make additional money.

4. What do you do for fun?

I love to read, do arts and crafts, draw, cook, sing, listen to music, and watch TV. I also adore long-term planning and goal setting. I'm already on my third notebook.

5. Describe the last big decision you made. How did you make it?
Hmm. I guess choosing high schools. I like doing things just for the challenge so I applied and took the test for this magnet school but I also applied for a program at another school. I got accepted into both and was really conflicted about this. I spent time on the Internet researching both the magnet school and the program and how it would affect college applications. During school, I would ask to be excused after I finished my work to ask teachers about what I should do. Lol I snuck around a lot actually because I never got a pass. Anyway, I ended up choose the school with the program since I didn't and still have no idea what I want to be when I'm older.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Hmm. I guess choosing high schools. I like doing things just for the challenge so I applied and took the test for this magnet school but I also applied for a program at another school. I got accepted into both and was really conflicted about this. I spent time on the Internet researching both the magnet school and the program and how it would affect college applications. During school, I would ask to be excused after I finished my work to ask teachers about what I should do. Lol I snuck around a lot actually because I never got a pass. Anyway, I ended up choose the school with the program since I didn't and still have no idea what I want to be when I'm older.
Hmmm, I'm not sure. Message me and I will help figure this out when I have more time. I'm not giving up! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts