Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After skulking around these boards, I find myself identifying more as a type nine... rather than a three. I was so sure I was a three but the more I read about type nine, the more I saw in common. I remember at one stage I thought I was a four! Hell, there was even a time where I thought I was a type seven... but to be even more annoying, I can identify with almost everything on the enneagram. I find all these similarities and go "oh jeeze! that sounds just like me!" I've read that type nines often feel like this...

... for now, I'm a type nine with an eight wing. Hur hur. Interesting.

Anywho. I'm just interested to see another nine's path experiences with the enneagram.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
It's a good thing when a 9 moves to 3 rather than 6, it's a sign of growth.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
So the fact that 3s identify similarities between what I say online about my personality and their own personality traits is good?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
So the fact that 3s identify similarities between what I say online about my personality and their own personality traits is good?
No that is quite the opposite really. When a 3 moves to 9 it is a sign of stress, they become unhealthy 9's. When a 3 moves to 6 it is a sign of growth.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I used to score as a three but then recently, my results came up as type nine. I just think I was in denial. I didn't like how they portrayed type nines as these passive-aggressive individuals who didn't actually care about anythin'... sure, it seems like they care but all they worry about is the conflict. The damn, damn conflict!

as a type nine, have you ever felt like "in the end, I just don't care. I'll pretend that I care but only because that'll minimise conflict." I have often felt like this. I do feel guilty for not being kinder, for not caring more but damn, caring for others can take so much effort! There's only so long I can give up my values for the sake of others. I'm trying to get better at this. It's good to express yourself. Not everyone digs drones, I've discovered.

Rahhh.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
No that is quite the opposite really. When a 3 moves to 9 it is a sign of stress, they become unhealthy 9's. When a 3 moves to 6 it is a sign of growth.
No, what I meant was, when 3s think I might be a 3 because they recognize traits in me that are associated with 3s/themselves.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I would say yes, that is good, but it depends on what kind of traits. 3s are the achievers, they have ambitions and have the energy to reach out for them. 9s are laidbacks and can become apathetic as in "what's the importance really?" When 9's are motivated they move to 3s. 3 is the connection point and is referred to as the security point, the point of integration, because it clarifies the behavioral tendencies 9s might exhibit under typical relaxed conditions.

Reactions: rowingineden

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I would say yes, that is good, but it depends on what kind of traits. 3s are the achievers, they have ambitions and have the energy to reach out for them. 9s are laidbacks and can become apathetic as in "what's the importance really?" When 9's are motivated they move to 3s. 3 is the connection point and is referred to as the security point, the point of integration, because it clarifies the behavioral tendencies 9s might exhibit under typical relaxed conditions.
Um, yeah, I tend to be very ambitious/achievement-oriented... but in a laid back way nonetheless. Ha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts