Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :) So... this is my first time asking for any sort of public opinion via the internet and I'm kind of nervous but...yeah I need to find this out!

Not sure if I'm an ENFP, INFP, INFJ (by now I'm sure you realize how effing confused I am), ENFJ or ENTP

So ever since I first found out about MBTI, I thought I was an ENFP and scored ENFP on pretty much any MBTI test that I would take. The problem is, I think that I might be answering the questions with what I HOPE I was versus what I actually am. For example, I seriously value creativity so I might be answering these questions giving the impression that I'm more creative than I actually am or like, having a sense of self is super important to me but I don't really have a strong one (don't know if that makes sense)

Plus ever since I started diving deeper into the world of cognitive functions, I'm even more confused! I don't even know if I'm an Ne dom anymore! I mean, when I was younger I was super creative and stuff but I feel like I've lost that as I've grown older (lol I'm only 17, but still). I don't feel like I think outside the box much anymore. I feel like when I present my ideas to other people they dismiss them as being too fantastical or weird and don't take me seriously, which honestly irks me so much. So, I've taken to filtering my ideas, I think subconsciously, so that they are more "acceptable".

When it comes to Fi like I don't even know man. I want so badly to be authentic and stuff, but I always end up adapting to make sure the people around me feel comfortable and I hate it! Unfortunately, I can't seem to stop. This has actually led me to question whether or not I use Fe. My friends view me as this like weird, hyperactive kid whom they can't take seriously which upsets me because I so badly want to be taken seriously!! I actually have a lot of depth but people only view me as zany, which makes me feel really lonely because I feel like no one really knows who I am.

Anyway here are some facts about myself that will hopefully help you type me:

- I am actually pretty shy but I crave social interaction
- I have a lot of weird ideas that I keep to myself on account of them being too weird for the majority of people
- I don't know how to be myself, because I'm always changing depending on who I'm interacting with. And I'm scared that I'll never find myself
- I have a hard time hashing out criticism, especially to people I'm not close to, which is why I hate peer edits
- I feel like I don't really care about other people's feelings that much. Like, if someone is upset I'll ask them how they are and stuff but very rarely do I actually care. I mostly just ask them because of social convention. (Wow I sound like a pretty terrible person huh?) Except then I feel inauthentic and end up hating myself. I hate being a people pleaser.
-Although I don't care about the feelings of other people I care about the people themselves and feel the need to comfort them (Why do I feel like I'm contradicting myself?)
- I need to be alone A LOT. A home I spend more time in my room than with other people. But if I'm alone for too long I end up being really sad
- I always experience these weird bouts of loneliness and sadness where I listen to sad music and become upset feeling like no one understands me
- Sometimes I get these intense periods of motivation where I'm driven to learn to play a new instrument, make a short film, write a short story, learn a new language etc.
-I start like a kajillion things but have a hard time following through
-I spend a lot of time talking to myself (it really freaks out my mom lol). I basically have these like fictional characters that I made up, but interacting with them inside my head isn't enough sometimes so I need to talk out loud. I mostly do this without even realizing it. I think I've adopted this as an anti-loneliness technique because I feel like these characters understand me and stuff
- I love people and hate them simultaneously
- I want to be deep and stuff around my friends but they're not into that and I feel too vulnerable
- I am too trusting and not trusting enough
- I'm pretty idealistic, I feel like we could live in awesome world if everyone would just stop being self-centred pricks
- I HATE being told what to do. If something isn't coming from me then it aint gonna happen
- I'm pretty sensitive. Someone could say something small and I would just mull over it for days on end
- I'm very very very disorganized
- I luuurve poetry

Sorry that this was super long, I just really want to know who I am. Please, if you could help me I will love you forever

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think you are probably an ENFP especially if being alone makes you feel sad and down. The way that you describe your reaction to peoples emotions and the caring about the person, but not necessarily the specific emotion does not discount fi as far as I understand it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
lmao, you literally almost described me. and i know people say that all the time, but i'm so serious when i say you sound almost exactly like me, haha.

So I guess according to @Tridentus we're definitely ENFPs. :p

·
Registered
255 Posts
Fi is answerable only to yourself, and that is the most important thing. e.g. Gandhi.

Fe searches for objective truth in morals. e.g. Oprah.

Often the morals are the same, which is why it's important to focus on the process not the result.
but the way NeFi works is different from general Fi. that's why some ENFPs doubt they have Fi

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,322 Posts
Anyway here are some facts about myself that will hopefully help you type me:

- I am actually pretty shy but I crave social interaction
- I have a lot of weird ideas that I keep to myself on account of them being too weird for the majority of people
- I don't know how to be myself, because I'm always changing depending on who I'm interacting with. And I'm scared that I'll never find myself
- I have a hard time hashing out criticism, especially to people I'm not close to, which is why I hate peer edits
- I feel like I don't really care about other people's feelings that much. Like, if someone is upset I'll ask them how they are and stuff but very rarely do I actually care. I mostly just ask them because of social convention. (Wow I sound like a pretty terrible person huh?) Except then I feel inauthentic and end up hating myself. I hate being a people pleaser.
-Although I don't care about the feelings of other people I care about the people themselves and feel the need to comfort them (Why do I feel like I'm contradicting myself?)
- I need to be alone A LOT. A home I spend more time in my room than with other people. But if I'm alone for too long I end up being really sad
- I always experience these weird bouts of loneliness and sadness where I listen to sad music and become upset feeling like no one understands me
- Sometimes I get these intense periods of motivation where I'm driven to learn to play a new instrument, make a short film, write a short story, learn a new language etc.
-I start like a kajillion things but have a hard time following through

-I spend a lot of time talking to myself (it really freaks out my mom lol). I basically have these like fictional characters that I made up, but interacting with them inside my head isn't enough sometimes so I need to talk out loud. I mostly do this without even realizing it. I think I've adopted this as an anti-loneliness technique because I feel like these characters understand me and stuff
- I love people and hate them simultaneously
- I want to be deep and stuff around my friends but they're not into that and I feel too vulnerable
- I am too trusting and not trusting enough
- I'm pretty idealistic, I feel like we could live in awesome world if everyone would just stop being self-centred pricks
- I HATE being told what to do. If something isn't coming from me then it aint gonna happen
- I'm pretty sensitive. Someone could say something small and I would just mull over it for days on end
- I'm very very very disorganized
- I luuurve poetry

Sorry that this was super long, I just really want to know who I am. Please, if you could help me I will love you forever
I highlighted everything in Bold that I do.
1.I'm shy when I start to crush.

2.Jezz if I told everyone how many ideas I come up with I would have no room for all my projects. I can't be that awesome ;)

3. Yep I have a hard time making someone feel bad even if it's constructive. I just want to hug them.

4. Yep I get those spurts of moments ALL the time.

5. So true, I wish I had time in the day to finish all my projects.

6. Strangely I use to talk to myself when I was younger. I never heard voices but I would just imagine the universe and all the fantasy creatures I could put into art or writing. Think Ellie, when he walks in on her in the play house she's talking to herself. That was sooo me. I tried to invent everything in god's creation, I think my dad was hoping I would grow up to be an Engineer.

I love a good poem, strangely I keep my house super clean because I'm so disorganized. I still can't find my keys half the time in a spotless home.

Anyways it sounds like you're in between some like may 60 -40 or 50 -50. It might be what is causing the confusion with time and growth you might discover who you really are. What ever you do don't beat yourself up because you weren't pigeon holed into one category. I think it's awesome, it means you're a very unique individual. If it makes you feel better I still think you're an ENFP.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
but the way NeFi works is different from general Fi. that's why some ENFPs doubt they have Fi
Maybe in the way that Ne thinks about alternative possibilities, and therefore might be less "stubborn" and more flexible about their perspective on their Fi. Kind of like Russell Brand shows when he believes strongly in certain things, but a lot of things he just thinks "in the grand scheme of things, this really doesn't matter".

Other than that.. Not really.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everyone! I'm really glad that you guys think I'm an ENFP, because that's my favourite type ;) (not that the others aren't awesome as well). And yeah @NIHM I'm only 17 right now, so I probably have a long way to go before I find myself :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lmao, you literally almost described me. and i know people say that all the time, but i'm so serious when i say you sound almost exactly like me, haha.

So I guess according to @Tridentus we're definitely ENFPs. :p
Yaay! I've never met anyone similar to me before so this is awesome! I love this site :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
What confuses me about ENFPs is: how do they express their emotions? I (think) I have an ENFP friend but he never wants to talk about his feelings. I always get the impression that there's a lot being hidden away. Are ENFPs naturally private people? If so, why is that?

·
Registered
255 Posts
What confuses me about ENFPs is: how do they express their emotions? I (think) I have an ENFP friend but he never wants to talk about his feelings. I always get the impression that there's a lot being hidden away. Are ENFPs naturally private people? If so, why is that?
yup, Fi. Unless we have to or we're extremely comfortable with you, we don't feel a need to. Why add the worry of making sure the person you're pouring you're soul out to can understand you? That just creates even more complications. I would definitely think that an INTJ would understand that, lol.

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
The emotion that I express most is my optimism or fascination in a topic of interests . I tend to avoid expressing negative emotions bc for me anger doesn't resolve any issues as to sadness- I prefer to deal with it by myself , it's just a preference - I usually discuss sad emotional matters with friends/love ones when my problem is already resolve and even then the conversation will be light - and fill with a lot of light jokes , I don't want to bother others into my emotional problems, I guess onto feelings I almost always rather be the listener than the one sharing (i talk nonstop about every other topics though) . I do talk feelings though with my ESFP cousin- she understands me quite well and can guide my thoughts into doing what's best for me and the situation - however she's the only one I discuss feelings with and even so- she has never seen me cried. I usually keep my feelings to myself and only share Feelings when the matter resolve and if asked .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pucca

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Thanks. Another related question: do ENFPs usually trust close friends with pretty much anything, or do they have a more cynical attitude? Can they tell the difference between constructive criticism (which is intended to help them) vs deliberate hostility towards their character and/or preferences?

Sent from my RM-846_eu_euro1_291 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
Thanks. Another related question: do ENFPs usually trust close friends with pretty much anything, or do they have a more cynical attitude? Can they tell the difference between constructive criticism (which is intended to help them) vs deliberate hostility towards their character and/or preferences?

Sent from my RM-846_eu_euro1_291 using Tapatalk
Not sure about other Enfps but for me this comes along with age- when I was younger constructive criticism will tear me apart for days - especially if it comes from somebody I trusts , I understand the difference between constrictive criticism vs deliberate hostility but it hurts just the same , sometimes constructive criticism hurts even more bc it's the truth . However as I age , after 25, I take in objective criticism quite well- sure I still feel hurt but not as much , I guess I try to make the best of myself , I guess the only thing that frustrates me to no end is when I get objective criticism for something I didn't do - or if it's about an aspect of me that isn't true - like be accuse for running away from my problems - but the truth is I never do - I just like to have time to think and calm down before approaching a situation and I am quite well with emotional debates - I just don't enjoy engaging in them.
Also - I never leave out unanswered questions

I trusts my close friends with all my heart - but if course there is a part of me that I like to keep only to myself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
That was fu**ing hilarious... I started doing this at 14 and I am still doing this ! You're an ENFP, sweetheart. Everything you wrote says ENFP.

And also the
I love people and hate them simultaneously
is very very ENFP. That's how I think all the time. I love people because I can see how loveable they are, but at the same time, GOD I want to punch them in the face for some reason. Their way or dealing with the world is just ...

Plus your urgent need for solitude and your sadness if you stay on your own for too long, and your desire to be deep... everything screams teenage Flowerpot92 :) . I'm starting to wonder if you're not a type 6 as well.

Don't doubt yourself, how old are you? If you are GenZ, you must be at most 18. I've had to wait for college to become much more balanced and true to myself. Just don't give up and keep trying to understand yourself more.

Reactions: PerpetuallyConfused
1 - 20 of 26 Posts