Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I will very very much appreciate someone to please give me some englightment in this regards.

I've been previously been told in this forum as an ISFP but I don't understand why I always get INFP as the result when taking an online personality test.

I have learned more about myself now than when I created a thread about the same and been told that I may be an isfp according to the description about myself.

I pretty relate with the description of the personality the designer RIOGS, well not all but the majority.

The cognitive functions I relate to the most so far is Fi over Fe, perceiving over judging and introversion. However, I have a really hard time knowing if I am intuitive or sensing.

I don't think I am simply an ISFP. I feel I must be more than that.

What I know about myself is that I like to seek excitement, love to travel not because of the sake of being in a new place but to learn about their cultures especially their hidden and dark side. I don't why but I always have an interest for the weird especially the dark side of human mind. I am really attracted to horror books or fantasies but I always ending up picking self help books because I think the fantasies books are a waste of time but don't get me wrong, they are awesome.

I would like to achieve some power or to be seen as powerful, highly respected person, someone to look up to and someone inspirational even though I can be shy or that outwardly I don't seem as someone capable of that but deep inside of me I am totally a different person.

I realize that I have a very powerful imagination and can be totally absorbed in my own fantasies which is really exciting and overwhelming at the same time. This is why I tend to procrastinate. Mostly my fantasies are about real people or events.

I am obsessed about knowing who I am, what is my personality, how capable am I and all that stuff. I am very curious about myself and I have used astrolgy birth charts to help me. Do I sound crazy? Hahhahah

I have a hard time knowing what I want to become in the future. I have the ambitions and the will to pursue anything I strive for but I don't know what I want to use this energy on and its really frustrating. I was thinking of maybe being part or build my own NGO organization or building my own business with the focus of helping people.

It just feels like there is no one thing I strongly have a passion for. Right now I decided to go out more and try out new things by volunteering and joining an organization to find a solution for this.

I used to like to draw since I was a kid and I was known as the creative girl or an artist during my high school years. I don't draw anymore for very very long time. I don't find any excitment at all for drawing anymore.

I feel like I want to write even more but I don't want to overwhelm you guys with so much words. And I find hard to resume all my thoughts into few words so that is why I write alot .

What do you guys think?

Thank you!.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
Can I ask how old you are? Most theories on cognitive types place the development of the auxiliary and tertiary to later on in life (not late-later on, but just not at the same time as the dominant). That might be why you're having trouble seeing which auxiliary you're using.

Honestly, as I read what you've written, I wonder if your reliance on your dominant Fi (which, to my reading, seems assuredly well typed in you) has led you to repress your auxiliary just a bit. It might explain why you feel like you need to seek out further information to coincide with your inner theories, as Se can be very info seeking as a function when you're stuck in a bit of a rut. Others will have their own theories to add, but that's just what vibe I picked up on from reading your post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I ask how old you are? Most theories on cognitive types place the development of the auxiliary and tertiary to later on in life (not late-later on, but just not at the same time as the dominant). That might be why you're having trouble seeing which auxiliary you're using.

Honestly, as I read what you've written, I wonder if your reliance on your dominant Fi (which, to my reading, seems assuredly well typed in you) has led you to repress your auxiliary just a bit. It might explain why you feel like you need to seek out further information to coincide with your inner theories, as Se can be very info seeking as a function when you're stuck in a bit of a rut. Others will have their own theories to add, but that's just what vibe I picked up on from reading your post.
Thank you for answering my post.
I'm 22 years old.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I strongly suspect there's a simple explanation for why you always test as an INFP.

You're an INFP!

If you're interested, you can find a lot of input from me on S/N, including bullet-point summaries (from official MBTI reports) of the five "facets" of S/N in the "Step II" version of the MBTI, a link to roundups of online profiles for each of the 16 types, and assorted other S/N-related typing aids, in this post.

I don't know what dichotomy-based tests you've taken, but the official MBTI is really the only MBTI-related test that has a lot of psychometric support behind it, and if you've never taken it, here's an online copy. It doesn't score you automatically, but it shows which preference corresponds to each response, so you can calculate your result for each dimension.

And in case you're up for taking it and are interested in some guidance with respect to the proper "frame of mind," here's what the MBTI Manual says:

Some people have trouble finding the correct frame of mind for answering the MBTI. When reporting the results to some people, they say they reported their "work self," "school self," "ideal self," or some other self they now consider atypical. The frame of reference desired in respondents is what has been termed the "shoes-off self." The "shoes-off self" fosters an attitude in which one functions naturally, smoothly, and effortlessly, and in which one is not going "against one's grain." The function of the MBTI is to provide the first step toward understanding one's natural preferences.​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts