Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey

I'm not very good at this, so...

Pretty much every test I take says I'm either an ISFP, INFP or ENFP. Every feeling and perceiving percentage is high (particularly perceiving). The last one I took said I was an ISFP and the perceiving percentage was 89%.

I'm not sure if I'm an introvert or an extrovert; I can be equally both. I even took a 'Multiple Intelligences' test and it said I was equally Intrapersonal and Interpersonal.

So here's some things about me:

- I am incredibly disorganised (no plans, lose everything etc)
- I am always late (easily distracted)
- I hate criticism. It makes me cry, lol
- I love being around my friends. I feel 'alive' when I'm with them and I miss them when I'm apart from them. However, after social interactions, I feel a need to be alone and to 'regain' my energies, if that makes sense?
- I hate doing projects with other people. It's not that I hate being with other people; it's not like that at all. It's just that I want to do it my way and my way only. I am not bossy whatsoever though. If I had to work in a group, I would just try to go with it and am likely to just assign myself a task and do it independently.
- I am very indecisive. I think about all the 'what ifs'? However, I've been known to be a little impulsive but only around those who I know (showing up randomly, saying/doing random things etc)
- Howeever, I really hate when people ask me out last minute; I need time! Although I have no routine, if someone interferes in what I'm doing, I get really mad.
- I'm not very romantic but I can be very thoughtful (I always think about others)
- I am very impatient. I cannot stand waiting for something to happen. If I want something, I want it now.
- I have no set goals. I go from task to task. To me, there's too many things in this world to possibly decide on something.
- I can be both serious and silly. I like debates and giving my opinion, as well as listening to other people's opinions. I cannot stand a person with an opinion without a basis. At the same time, I have a sense of humour.
- When I meet new people / am in new situations, I'm usually very shy. When I'm with my friends, I'm outgoing.

I think I've probably written too much, lmao but if you could help me, I would be grateful. :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You are for sure an FP.. I do get ISFP vibe from what you typed, I can also relate to a few. I also get an INFP vibe too.

I think the best way to find out is to look into the cognitive functions more, and see which ones you use most and in what order. The online tests are very confusing, conflicting, simple and can be inaccurate.

Deciding on cognitive functions, along with the most consistent results from the tests is the best way to decide your type.

You gotta remember we all use all the functions, it is just what order and what ones you use most and naturally which determines your type.

for an ISFP it would be:

Fi
Se
Ni
Te

Fi being the most used, Te being the least.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are for sure an FP.. I do get ISFP vibe from what you typed, I can also relate to a few. I also get an INFP vibe too.

I think the best way to find out is to look into the cognitive functions more, and see which ones you use most and in what order. The online tests are very confusing, conflicting, simple and can be inaccurate.

Deciding on cognitive functions, along with the most consistent results from the tests is the best way to decide your type.

You gotta remember we all use all the functions, it is just what order and what ones you use most and naturally which determines your type.
I have some ISFP traits as well as INFP traits. Although I have gotten ENFP a lot, I don't think I am actually an ENFP. I have also gotten INTP before and I've just read about INTP and INTPs and it seems almost exactly like me. The problem is that my 'thinking' and 'feeling' percentages are similar. I am definitely a perceiver.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have some ISFP traits as well as INFP traits. Although I have gotten ENFP a lot, I don't think I am actually an ENFP. I have also gotten INTP before and I've just read about INTP and INTPs and it seems almost exactly like me. The problem is that my 'thinking' and 'feeling' percentages are similar. I am definitely a perceiver.
interesting. If you are infact an INTP, it seems weird to confuse yourself with an ISFP. An isfp's most developed function is Introverted Feeling, where as an INTP's is Introverted Thinking. There is also the Sensing thing.

This is where MBTI comes short and the tests prove less useful. You should look into the functions more and decide for yourself which ones you use most. It can be difficult, but if you can pinpoint the first 2 or 3 you will find your type easily.

The thing in common with all the types you are getting(other than ISFP) is that they all use Extroverted Intuition. Read about it and find out if you use it as a main function. For an ISFP, that is a shadow function, we tend to not naturally use it.

If you think you are an INTP, Read about Extroverted Thinking, and see how much you use it. An INTP uses it as their dominant function, above all else, where as an ISFP uses this as their least used function. Next look up Introverted feeling. An ISFP and INFP use this as their main function, soif you use it a lot, it's another good indicator.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try the two here.
I've already done both several times. I mostly got ISFP but have had INFP, ENFP and INTP. On the cognitive, however, I didn't get any ISFP, INFP or ENFP. I got INTP and two others (I think they were ESTP, ISTJ?)

When I've read posts in the INTP forum, I can relate much more to what they write than if I go into the ISFP forum. Maybe I should post something in there and see what they say?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You sound quite like an ISFP, but yeah I concur with the others, do a bit of research into the functions and the longer descriptions and decide for yourself. The tests are far from foolproof.
Yeah, I've read a lot of descriptions but get slightly confused by the terms. On the cognitive test, I know it said that my extroverted sensing was 'poorly developed', lol. I've done many tests and I have never gotten anything other than ISFP, INFP, ENFP or INTP. I doubt I'm an ENFP. I think I tend to act like an ENFP because it's easier. I can't seem to really relate to other ISFPs or INFPs much either. I have some traits but I feel like it's not me? :/

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yeah, I've read a lot of descriptions but get slightly confused by the terms. On the cognitive test, I know it said that my extroverted sensing was 'poorly developed', lol. I've done many tests and I have never gotten anything other than ISFP, INFP, ENFP or INTP. I doubt I'm an ENFP. I think I tend to act like an ENFP because it's easier. I can't seem to really relate to other ISFPs or INFPs much either. I have some traits but I feel like it's not me? :/
You say you have poorly developed Se, which is an ISFPs second most developed function. It's possible that you havent dived into it yet though. I only started using Se a lot more when i turned 16. before that It wasn't half as developed as it is now(and i'm still developing it). An INTP doesnt really uses Se naturally. So that would make sense if you are an INTP. Read a good description of Se

when you take the tests, make sure you are answering what you naturally do, and not what you would like to do. This mistake made me get the wrong type when I first used the tests.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts