Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've taken the MBTI and socionic tests multiple times and got INFJ but I'm worried that the results may still be incorrect.

I tend to not really know myself well (putting answers that I don't know are true to myself or not), so I get swayed on questions sometimes.

I was really sure that I was INFJ, until I started talking to my INTP father about psychology. I was asking questions to understand and type him, and he made alot of statements about me I was pretty surprised about.

The biggest of which was that I was really logical, and was brutally honest. I thought about that, and it's pretty true. We also related on the fact that we get REALLY annoyed when people don't do their job (although I don't like to admit it, and try to avoid that mentality, giving people the benefit of the doubt), and this was actually why I left my last place of employment. And, we also related on the fact that when people tell us we're not doing good enough, it makes us upset. (I'm also planning on becoming a counselor, since I find it comes to me naturally to help people solve problems quickly and easily.)

I found that he tries to stow away his emotions, but they still bubble up over time. I tend to react almost immediately, and have a hard time repressing emotions (although that would be really nice, haha!)

Also, when I'm upset, I don't need a ton of hugs, etc. They're nice when you're emotional, but if I'm not crying, I want solutions, not pats on the back.

So I'm wondering: Am I actually an INTJ??

Like an INFJ, I still care alot about others, to the point of putting myself in harms way to help others sometimes, and am able to tell how most people feel just by looking at them. I've been told I can be too selfless at times, and forgive basically everyone very easily, even those who hurt me.

I find when I debate with my ENFP friend, he's emotional and considers the peoples feelings more than I do, while I tend to point out the facts of the matter. I get kinda annoyed when he gets over emotional, because that doesn't solve problems. But I try not to be rude about it because I care so much. I know he's sensitive, so I try to help calm him and give him solutions.

If I'm an INTJ, it makes sense, but I feel like I'm a bit too nice to fit the category. (My dad is INTP and he doesn't like most people, while I appreciate everyone and think they're all special and worth getting to know and understand) Maybe I just stereotyped INTJs as more rude than they actually are?

I feel like I could be an INTJ, but I care alot about others too, like alot. Is that possible? Or am I just a confused INFJ? haha

Any thanks appreciated! :)

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
This doesn't really give us much information.

When do you generally apologize to someone, and what do you want the person to say when you do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This doesn't really give us much information.

When do you generally apologize to someone, and what do you want the person to say when you do?
hmm, I generally apologize alot, so I want people to like say stuff is ok. Something like "It's ok, I understand how you feel"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I guess there wasn't enough info, I'm going to answer some of the form questions, maybe that'll help :)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Definitely the logic parts, I can be brutally honest sometimes.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to be successful. I don't have to be rich, but I want to be able to provide for myself. Mostly because I feel like my parents put so much into my life, I want tore pay that by living a happy life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Hmm, I guess the time I was "at my best" that I can think of is when I offered to talk a stranger on discord who was upset, and was able to calm them down and give them some help. We kept talking for a few days after we called, and he gave me updates to let me know what was going on. I felt like I really helped, and kept helping. Made me realize I wanted to be a counselor or something like that.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When people make any criticisms about me. I am VERY hard on myself, so when people make comments about my performance, how I need to do better, etc it really bothers me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I usually think about the people, but only as needed. I usually look at the facts, and list the feelings of others as a fact. I try not to be emotional, because that slows me down. I want the best results that hurts the least people.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

If I want to learn something new, I google it and read articles on it. If I find myself constantly interested and thinking about it, I go out and buy books on the subject. I like to absorb as much information as possible. Usually by theorizing in my head and working out solutions.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm VERY organized, I have 2 planners. But, my interests and hobbies tend to take up time and cause me to procrastinate. (Sometimes I find myself reading psychology books for fun, rather than finishing homework due the next day.)

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I tend to be hesitant to new ideas, since I view what I believe as being true based on months of research. I read and understand the basic principles, and then read about what others think about it. I am religious, so I can believe without the idea being right in front of me, but I always need at least a few supporting facts that I deem as acceptable.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I tend to find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine, I feel like my life mission is to make others happy, in a way. I tend to be a pacifist but if people start making offhand comments about what I believe I get pretty fired up and don't mind defending my ideology.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

It depends. If I'm in high pressure social situations, I don't have enough space to think before speaking, so I tend to say what's needed while trying to be as kind as possible. But, one-on-one, I often take long pauses to think, then speak to state a question or fact to keep the conversation going.

I tend to prefer one-on-one conversations just because they turn into deeper topics. But group conversations are great too because I don't have to say anything as much, and I get to listen and understand how everyone in the group thinks. It lets me understand people without exhausting myself socially.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I definitely like to know exactly where I'm jumping before leading, I ask alot of questions and try to plan out EVERYTHING. Actions do speak louder than words sometimes, I know EXACTLY when my friends are upset, based on their stance or face. But, if it comes to flirting, I'm basically clueless. I never pick up on flirting, and when I do, I'm always VERY confused as to what they mean. (Ex: I see a guy smile at me. Does that mean he's happy? Does he like me? Why? Does he need something? Is he just thinking? Ah, it was probably nothing.)

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Oh thanks guys but uh... *I HATE to lie but probably says I'm sick because I get tired and sick from being too social*
So...*simon cowell voice* "That's a no from me."

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I HATE myself stressed. I have anxiety, so I can handle it, but if it gets to be too much, I tend to snap at people and order them around. Basically I order people to help me because I feel like I'm alone or something. Idk.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

A lot of people are overly-emotional, too energetic (that kinda exhausts me to keep up with) or a bit shallow, or at least to me. I don't judge them for this, since I have my own issues. I would be friends with anyone, but it would bug me a bit at times.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

YES. DEBATE WITH ME. Also ask about psychology and I will tell you everything I've ever learned, ever.
Basically the fastest way to my heart is to debate with me and show you're intelligent. I freaking love smart people. :tongue:

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

That's hard to say, since I analyze EVERYTHING, due to how I am and my anxiety. I prefer to be prepared for everything.
I guess I pay the least attention to my school, I get frustrated with learning the same concepts over and over, (Im doing my general education in college at the moment), I'm ready to focus on a major already, haha!

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends say I'm really loving, but need to take care of myself. (I tend to not sleep alot, focusing on learning and reading at night)
I feel like I'm alot colder than they realize sometimes. Like I do care about everyone, I really do. But, when stuff gets to be too much, or someone gets too "annoying" I tend to get frustrated. I have door slammed alot of people.
I don't like the idea of being totally cold, it kinda makes me sad, but It's how I am sometimes.
I think my friends would say I'm too much of a perfectionist, looking for only the best in everyone.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Sleep in until 3pm, read psych books, watch YouTube, then maybe play overwatch with my friends around 1am. :laughing:

I skipped a few that I couldn't answer or found too vague. :3 hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts