Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought for a very long time that i was a 6. I began as a 4, then 7, then 5 and lastly 6.
Now im back to 4 again i think. I was so sure of my 6 type, i mean, 6s and 4s look a lot like, and maybe i didn't wanted to be a 4.
Too many reasons to consider 4 btw.

- Im not an artist, but im introspective. When i say introspective, i say EXTREMELY introsprective, one of my biggest challenges is to be more down to earth and more realistic about my life.

- I try to maintain a pseudo-macho-man approach to life, but falls down easily. Specially when emotions are involved. If you see me in real life, im sure you'll never think of me as an introspective, intelectual, emotionally needy and dramatic man. Just talking about stereotypes btw... I usually treat people unkindly, and more than once i've been called unsensitive, too mean, sarcastic and detached like 6w5s.

- 4s indulge in shame, 6s indulge in fear. But shame is my root, in my child years i always thought of myself as weak, stupid, ugly (i had dismorphobia) and a big LOOOOSER. Now im 18 years old, and i still think so in a more mature stage.
Now, a lot of 6s, 3s, 9s, 1s and im sure that even a few 7s and 8s can have that self image for a while. But i make a big show about my failures and tragedies.
For example: I was expelled from 2 schools, i lived in the streets, i have bad grades, i had a severe depresion, i have no friends, i hate my parents, AND I LOVE THAT!!!. I'd rather be a loser with style than a boring winner( and believe me there are, at least fom my standards). And im serious....

- I never wanted (want) to be happy(at least consciously), relaxed, and all that rainbow shit. Im more prepared for times of crisis and danger. Not to fight against those times, just to live in those times of desperation and real crisis. Im more energized.

- I remembrer the exact day when my parents divorced, the day when my girlfriend broke up with me and also the day we began our relationship, the day i was kicked out of my house and some other things. My emotional memory is very surprising.

- My father tells me sometimes that i was too tormented and deep for him. My mother says the same thing, but much more exagerated, sort of a tyranic, bipolar and unpredictable character i have the same image for her( she's a phobic Sx 6w7, or maybe Sp), but love her anyway.
My father once told me: " Stop that Van Gogh, Rimbaud, [Put here some other artist with a tragic life] shit!!!... Yes they where good with their art, they were rebels and reckless... but look at their life... isn't any good, how they died???...Mad, depresed, alone and unsatisfied ".

- Im not an artist, i draw and paint like shit, i play guitar decently, (but still think im bad), museums are often boring to me. But i write a lot of poetry, and short stories and i think im pretty good at writting (my grades in this area are very good without too much conscious effort and im a little proud of it). Is sort of a cathartic impulse.

- Sometimes defects, are compliments for me. And also some virtues are insults for me.

- I care a lot about my looks, it's my achilles heel.
When i was 10 or 11 years old, i felt deeply ashamed about my premature puberty, i was too tall, too big, too masculine, i had to shave my face daily when i was 13 years old, i looked like a 18 years old dude, but i was only 13 years old, it was so absurd, because that's what mostly all of the boys wanted at that age. I looked much older than my ex girlfriend and she was older than i.
Hated that (except when i had to buy alcohol or cigarretes :p).
Now im ok with that, and sort of like it.

- More than once people joked with me and say "Your period again???"

I think that's all. Maybe not, but im tired and bored of writting, so is enough.

Bye

·
Registered
403 Posts
You give off a strong 6w5 vibe to me. We live in an image-driven society and being obese in years when kids are at their cruelest would make anyone have image issues for life. Sixes also have complexes about fitting in (looks will certainly be apart of this). The pseudo-macho man thing is very Sixish and it can crumble down easily with Sixes too. Any type can be emotional and Sixes can be especially emotional. They are in the reactive triad along with Fours and Eights. Loving misery isn't a sign of being a Four either, as much as it is a sign of being unhealthy. You mention crisis and danger, which is very counterphobic Six. Danger is not really something I see Fours having a direct connection with. A Five wing would also make someone more introspective. Just some thoughts... Hmm, what do you think? You could have Four as your heart-fix.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
You sure you're not what I am? You sound a LOT like me--I am an awfully dark and tormented Seven (as 784s tend to be). I tried to convince myself I was a 6w5 for the longest time, and have skipped around among the types you mention--none of em seemed quite "right" and I felt like I was acting if I told myself I was one of them. The hallmark of a 784 is being virtually untypeable by behavior alone.

I'd rather be a loser with style than a boring winner( and believe me there are, at least fom my standards)
Me too! That's so 7 I could laugh! Additionally, when you talk about the bipolar-style mood swings, that is highly correlated to 7s and 4s.

Like you, cantankerousness is my middle name--I can be tyrannical and simultaneously hyper-sensitive. I fight aggressively and then roll into a ball and cry (as a method of fighting, believe it or not). It's this "ball of opposites" behavior that made me think I was a 6, and my cerebral detachment that made me assume I had a w5.

Also like you, I struggled with that shit throughout my childhood and adolescence--7s can have remarkable feelings of inferiority, esp. when combined with a 4-fix. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! The difference is that we're distractable--at my worst, I'd be in the depths for an hour or two...then recover and decide I wanted to paint a picture/play a video game/eat ice cream/make scintillating conversation instead. It's only since I've left the home that I've become more obviously "seveny"--upbeat, aggressive, determined. My life is a daily struggle with death, and I shall prevail! I would have it no other way.

My big problem was looking too hard at behavior, and not enough at the underlying pattern. By "pattern" I mean my monkey mind, my mercurial emotions, my over-the-top flamboyance, my aversion to doing things I don't "want" to do (things that make me physically/emotionally uncomfortable), remarkable flexibility and multi-talents, starting things I never finish, and my epic dream-world of things I will one day do. I rely on no authority, only my inner vision and freedom. I just wrote a piece about that here...see if you can relate. Take a few days and see if this (or some other) pattern really plays out in your life. Forget behavior.

If you're a 6, there will be a pattern of authority issues. I don't mean getting pissed off when an authority blows a whistle if you step on the grass, and I don't mean getting nervous around your boss or something. I mean there will be a history of submitting to or rebelling against authorities completely (however you define "authority"). Freedom will be less important than your relationship to authority.

Anyway, not trying to push anything on you, but I'd have saved myself 10 or so years of angst if someone had mentioned this stuff to me. Give it a thought--if it feels right, it is.

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
@brianstorm, what you write reminds me of Jack Kerouac, who is sometimes typed as a four, sometimes as a six.

Personally, I think he's a very four-seeming counterphobic sx/so 6w5 (Charles Bukowski, too.)

Does this resonate for you at all?

Sexual/Social

The counterphobic stance of the sexual Six can be seen in competition for attracting the right mate, and in testing to see who is worthy of trust. This is true of both sexual subtypes and especially true of the sexual/social. This type is likely to be found quite commonly among actresses and actors as they tend towards a dramatic presentation. Their need to be identified with their desirability and their strong social instinct, combine to sometimes make them public figures. They are less possessive of their mates, but still feel the need to have control in the relationship. They can have a very focused intensity. They can appear Four-like in their desire to express themselves and give into their passions. They define themselves in accordance with the prevailing gender norms opting to appear masculine or feminine as the case may be. This outward energy is sometimes counterbalanced with inward doubting, which can lead to depression, anger, and acting out, at the lower levels of health.

Anxiety isn’t as noticeable with the sexual variant of type Six, especially when the self-pres instinct is last. The typical things we associate with anxiety aren’t obvious with this subtype. Their anxiety is focused in the arena of relationships, and since their stance is mostly counterphobic, anxiety is not always obvious, and the Six too might be unaware of its presence. This can be true of all the subtypes of type Six. Their anxiety exists at a core level so that Sixes don't always know how to gauge its existence. So, even the more visibly anxious subtypes might not be aware of their underlying anxiety. The sexual/social can appear Eight-like, in their defense of their loved ones and social standing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You sure you're not what I am? You sound a LOT like me--I am an awfully dark and tormented Seven (as 784s tend to be). I tried to convince myself I was a 6w5 for the longest time, and have skipped around among the types you mention--none of em seemed quite "right" and I felt like I was acting if I told myself I was one of them. The hallmark of a 784 is being virtually untypeable by behavior alone.
Wow, i thought the same thing about you reading your posts a few months ago, when you were a 6 :tongue:.
Could be, i go from one thing to another, i start a lot of things and never finish them, , lust 4 life is one of my mottos, i have ADHD too. Also in the online tests ( i know that most of the test are shit, but still gives you a lot of clues) i test 4 or 6 dominant with 7 as 3rd or 4th.

Now with authority is more complicated, im completely oblivious (externaly), and also not dependant of that. But i needed a lot of internal work ( i force myself to be tough and decisive) i need sources of confirmation.
You got me in that. Who wants to rely on authority... ( Maybe this statement is more 6ish than it seems)

Like you, cantankerousness is my middle name--I can be tyrannical and simultaneously hyper-sensitive. I fight aggressively and then roll into a ball and cry (as a method of fighting, believe it or not).
Actually (and shamefully i admit it) i do it very often.

Also like you, I struggled with that shit throughout my childhood and adolescence--7s can have remarkable feelings of inferiority, esp. when combined with a 4-fix. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! The difference is that we're distractable--at my worst, I'd be in the depths for an hour or two...then recover and decide I wanted to paint a picture/play a video game/eat ice cream/make scintillating conversation instead. It's only since I've left the home that I've become more obviously "seveny"--upbeat, aggressive, determined. My life is a daily struggle with death, and I shall prevail! I would have it no other way.
Everyday is a fucking different struggle, but im ok, because i always end up feeling ready, since im moody, i can get really upbeat.
I still carry my insecurities, i have a lot of fears, since i hate to admit it i am utterly shy, and the most important thing: Im only 18 years old.
I did a lot of crazy stuff in my life, i have an intense life i think, but i still think that it is nothing compared to my standards.

I will

Anyway, not trying to push anything on you, but I'd have saved myself 10 or so years of angst if someone had mentioned this stuff to me. Give it a thought--if it feels right, it is.
You gave me a lot to think, thank you for the feedback

@brianstorm, what you write reminds me of Jack Kerouac, who is sometimes typed as a four, sometimes as a six.

Personally, I think he's a very four-seeming counterphobic sx/so 6w5 (Charles Bukowski, too.)

Does this resonate for you at all?
Sort of. But im aware of my anxieties, and very much, i notice that, is like being always in the edge of... My inner anxieties are always there.

Sx/Sp rings more.

Bukowski and Kerouac were both INFPs (and indeed 6s) too. I am IxFP, so makes sense. I felt specially related with Bukowski ( He was the epythome of the stylish loser xD)

Maybe im not a 4 after all...

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Wow. That's all I can say.

Wow, i thought the same thing about you reading your posts a few months ago, when you were a 6 :tongue:.
Could be, i go from one thing to another, i start a lot of things and never finish them, , lust 4 life is one of my mottos, i have ADHD too. Also in the online tests ( i know that most of the test are shit, but still gives you a lot of clues) i test 4 or 6 dominant with 7 as 3rd or 4th.
I test out as 4, 8, 6, 5, 7 in that order. Generally, 7 is never first (except on the PerC test, strangely enough). It's not going to be, in my case, because all my other issues come out through a sevenish template. (Read: over-the-top)

Now with authority is more complicated, im completely oblivious (externaly), and also not dependant of that. But i needed a lot of internal work ( i force myself to be tough and decisive) i need sources of confirmation.
You got me in that. Who wants to rely on authority... ( Maybe this statement is more 6ish than it seems)
Not necessarily. It depends on WHOSE authority you rely upon--yours, or another source.

I understand EXACTLY what you mean about forcing yourself to be tough and decisive. That's why I thought 6. I have, however, always felt strong and capable when left to my own devices. It was life that kept trying to take that from me. You know, I'm NOT an 8; I just have 8-issues. I appreciate the need to be tough and decisive, but because I'm a 7, I don't always embody that.

I needed internal work as well--the 4 counteracts the 8 in some regards. I was called "unassertive" as a child and teenager, which is why I was hesitant to put myself in a "double assertive" tritype. But social assertiveness is only one thing. All my life, I've gone after everything I wanted and nothing and no one could stand in my way. That's what "assertive" means in Enneagram terms. And, when life got difficult, all my issues about "needing to be tough" just went out the window--it came from me naturally.

I need multiple sources of confirmation, too. Why? Because I wanna get my shit right! I don't want any slip-ups to slow me down, and I want to make sure I see reality correctly. Ask yourself why you need sources of confirmation before you assume it's a 6 thing.

Actually (and shamefully i admit it) i do it very often.
I was reading about Steve Jobs, apparently another 784. He did that as well.

Everyday is a fucking different struggle, but im ok, because i always end up feeling ready, since im moody, i can get really upbeat.
I still carry my insecurities,
Me too.

i have a lot of fears,
Me too--the imagination is that vivid and over-the-top. I easily see the things that can go wrong, which is why I thought 6. Turns out it's more likely my Ne--it sees ALL the possibilities.

since i hate to admit it i am utterly shy,
I'm excruciatingly shy, and also a loner. It doesn't stop me from wandering the world.

and the most important thing: Im only 18 years old.
I felt that way when I was your age too. I had nothing to focus all my energy on; I got out of a decade of being abused by my peers and was stuck in a big scary world without any sense of direction. I was at 4 a lot during this time; what really terrified me was that I was sure this was my future as well.

Sort of. But im aware of my anxieties, and very much, i notice that, is like being always in the edge of... My inner anxieties are always there.
What kinda things make you anxious? Why?

Bukowski and Kerouac were both INFPs (and indeed 6s) too. I am IxFP, so makes sense. I felt specially related with Bukowski ( He was the epythome of the stylish loser xD)
How sure are you of your MBTI? I thought I was an ISTP for a decade; turns out I'm an ENTP. If you don't feel like ISFP and INFP describe the way your mind works exactly, I recommend you look into the cognitive functions involved. (Forgive me if you have already done so).

If you are a 784, I've noticed we tend to mistype on the MBTI as well! No one can quite pin us down.

Anyway, hope that's some more food for thought. For every behavior you think is indicative of one type, ask yourself why, don't just assume it makes you a 5, 4, 6, 7 or whatever.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm just going by my feeling of this, but I doubt you are a 4 or 7. Not at your core, at least. I get '6' vibes from you, too. 6s give me a feeling like they have a sense of unease due to unpredictability of things. My bro is a 6w5 and I tend to get on very well with 6w7s. It doesn't make me think I'm a pro at knowing 'em when I see 'em, but their style is so distinctly nervous and deductive. I think the vibes I'm feeling from you fit that description better than that of the 4 or 7. And I think 5s may be more noticeably detached and less enlivened by drama in life. But then, I'm much better at typing through physical observation rather than through reading text.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. That's all I can say.

I test out as 4, 8, 6, 5, 7 in that order. Generally, 7 is never first (except on the PerC test, strangely enough). It's not going to be, in my case, because all my other issues come out through a sevenish template. (Read: over-the-top)
o_O
My results are just the same as yours. Just in a different order who varies.

Not necessarily. It depends on WHOSE authority you rely upon--yours, or another source.
This is a difficult question, because in my head there are different sources (or voices, just to sound a little scyzophrenic) that tell me which way should i take.
I doubt of myself very constantly... But i rarely seek an advice.

I understand EXACTLY what you mean about forcing yourself to be tough and decisive. That's why I thought 6. I have, however, always felt strong and capable when left to my own devices. It was life that kept trying to take that from me. You know, I'm NOT an 8; I just have 8-issues. I appreciate the need to be tough and decisive, but because I'm a 7, I don't always embody that.
My ex friends who didn't knew me very well usually say about me: "Oh he, he is a fucking badass " (lol). But i dont buy it.And i mean, i dont, feeds my ego, i admit it, but i know that im not a fearless maverick, deep inside im kinda the contrary.

I needed internal work as well--the 4 counteracts the 8 in some regards. I was called "unassertive" as a child and teenager, which is why I was hesitant to put myself in a "double assertive" tritype. But social assertiveness is only one thing. All my life, I've gone after everything I wanted and nothing and no one could stand in my way. That's what "assertive" means in Enneagram terms. And, when life got difficult, all my issues about "needing to be tough" just went out the window--it came from me naturally.
A year ago i did hitchicking through the south of my country. And because of nothing, just because i wanted to do it and completely alone. Until that moment i was only an emo boy crying about how loser i was. This trip toughen me up, i had moments of complete desperation, but i just kept moving and moving, sometimes i wanted to take a bus and go home, i was scared as shit. But at the end i had a revelation, since more tough gets my life, more strong i'll get.

I need multiple sources of confirmation, too. Why? Because I wanna get my shit right! I don't want any slip-ups to slow me down, and I want to make sure I see reality correctly. Ask yourself why you need sources of confirmation before you assume it's a 6 thing.
Because of the self doubt that revolves around 6s.
Maybe Cp will tell themselves that they dont need it, but at the end they are wheeping for a comfirmation. Like it happens to me.

I was reading about Steve Jobs, apparently another 784. He did that as well.
o_O. Serious?? Hard to believe.
I'd rather choose 738 for him, but i dont know too much about him.

Me too--the imagination is that vivid and over-the-top. I easily see the things that can go wrong, which is why I thought 6. Turns out it's more likely my Ne--it sees ALL the possibilities.
Ne is one of the cognitive functions i relate the most. Maybe im ISFP, but i relate much more with Ne dominants than Se.

I'm excruciatingly shy, and also a loner. It doesn't stop me from wandering the world.

I felt that way when I was your age too. I had nothing to focus all my energy on; I got out of a decade of being abused by my peers and was stuck in a big scary world without any sense of direction. I was at 4 a lot during this time; what really terrified me was that I was sure this was my future as well.
Teen years are very related with E4, identity crisis, depresion, relationships etc... . That's why i doubt too much.

What kinda things make you anxious? Why?
I was socially phobic as a child, now im able to fight against that, but i have a hard time looking at the eyes or approach people too much.
Going to school was a source of fear, i dropped out highschool last year, and im much better studying by my own and working.

How sure are you of your MBTI? I thought I was an ISTP for a decade; turns out I'm an ENTP. If you don't feel like ISFP and INFP describe the way your mind works exactly, I recommend you look into the cognitive functions involved. (Forgive me if you have already done so).
Fi is my dominant function without any doubt.
Ne seems to fit, i entertain a lot of ideas, i always want something to change, im good with abstract ideas, im very intelectual since i don't show this too much.
Se seems more odd, because im mostly in my head, but im able to act spontaneously and do things because it feels right for me. Ni would be my tertiary loop, and makes a lot of sense.

If you are a 784, I've noticed we tend to mistype on the MBTI as well! No one can quite pin us down.

Anyway, hope that's some more food for thought. For every behavior you think is indicative of one type, ask yourself why, don't just assume it makes you a 5, 4, 6, 7 or whatever.
I'm just going by my feeling of this, but I doubt you are a 4 or 7. Not at your core, at least. I get '6' vibes from you, too. 6s give me a feeling like they have a sense of unease due to unpredictability of things. My bro is a 6w5 and I tend to get on very well with 6w7s. It doesn't make me think I'm a pro at knowing 'em when I see 'em, but their style is so distinctly nervous and deductive. I think the vibes I'm feeling from you fit that description better than that of the 4 or 7. And I think 5s may be more noticeably detached and less enlivened by drama in life. But then, I'm much better at typing through physical observation rather than through reading text.
I get what you wrote.
I will look at some other real life 6s, to see make myself sure.
I was in 6w5, but now im considering 7, and also 6w7.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You give off a strong 6w5 vibe to me. We live in an image-driven society and being obese in years when kids are at their cruelest would make anyone have image issues for life. Sixes also have complexes about fitting in (looks will certainly be apart of this). The pseudo-macho man thing is very Sixish and it can crumble down easily with Sixes too. Any type can be emotional and Sixes can be especially emotional. They are in the reactive triad along with Fours and Eights. Loving misery isn't a sign of being a Four either, as much as it is a sign of being unhealthy. You mention crisis and danger, which is very counterphobic Six. Danger is not really something I see Fours having a direct connection with. A Five wing would also make someone more introspective. Just some thoughts... Hmm, what do you think? You could have Four as your heart-fix.
Well, i never been fat. But im 6,2 feet tall. Im not thin either (170 pounds i think i was), but im big, and somewhat with athletic complexion.
As an early teen, this made me shameful, i thought that my body was too much for my personality. I saw this image complexes among girls a lot, but i think i've never heard that coming from a male.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
A couple more things:

This is a difficult question, because in my head there are different sources (or voices, just to sound a little scyzophrenic) that tell me which way should i take.
I doubt of myself very constantly... But i rarely seek an advice.
That probably puts you in the head center.

A year ago i did hitchicking through the south of my country. And because of nothing, just because i wanted to do it and completely alone. Until that moment i was only an emo boy crying about how loser i was. This trip toughen me up, i had moments of complete desperation, but i just kept moving and moving, sometimes i wanted to take a bus and go home, i was scared as shit. But at the end i had a revelation, since more tough gets my life, more strong i'll get.
That DOES seem 6.

o_O. Serious?? Hard to believe.
I'd rather choose 738 for him, but i dont know too much about him.
Definitely had a 4 in his heart. And yeah, he used to break down and cry as a last resort to get folks to fall in line with his plans. It was very uncomfortable reading that about him.

I was socially phobic as a child, now im able to fight against that, but i have a hard time looking at the eyes or approach people too much.
Going to school was a source of fear, i dropped out highschool last year, and im much better studying by my own and working.
If you were abused by your peers, that's entirely understandable. Social anxiety is not indicative of type.

I get what you wrote.
I will look at some other real life 6s, to see make myself sure.
I was in 6w5, but now im considering 7, and also 6w7.
Be careful with that--don't assume that because one person of a type is one way, you will manifest the same behaviors. I'm nothing like Robin Williams, that's for sure.

Oh--one question that would have helped me. What are your biggest gripes against your parents? If you could pin the source of all your frustrations on one or both of them, what would you say?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh--one question that would have helped me. What are your biggest gripes against your parents? If you could pin the source of all your frustrations on one or both of them, what would you say?
Tough question... I'll have to elaborate it a little.
I have a volatile relationship with both. With my mother ( 6w7 Sx/Sp i think), was since i have memory. She had some problems with alcohol when i was a child, and those were one of the worst moments i've ever had. She never paid any attention at me either, i was affraid of her. I think that the source of hate is with her mostly, not because she was too autorithative, just because in my childhood i never had one single good memory of her, she seemed to prefer parties or even working than spending a day with me. Then she matured, but i was on my rebellious years, so i made her life imposible and i screamed to her all the traumas she left me, and blamed her for every single misfortune that happened to me. I stoled her booze and money, just because i thought i was "in my right" because of all the suffering she caused to me.
Sayin that she was a shitty mother would be unfair, because i was a shity son too... And it's not that true either, at least she tries to be a good mother right now.

With my father (7w6 So/Sx) was more stable until i entered to my adolescence. With my father is all happines and rainbows. He was always the handsome, the charmer, the inteligent, the cultured, the golden child... He is a good father, but gets me upset easily.
He always gets the spotlight, and i hate this, because i look like a "loser son" when im with him.
And when i fight with him, he is always the victim of "that cruel son who doesn't know how much his wonderful father does for him".
He is indeed, a very good and attentive father, but his personality is quite puzzling and contradictory. I know him too much, so i know all of his tricks.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
@brianstorm That's very interesting. It's clear to me in my life that my gripes lay with my mother, too. She was, by most standards, a pretty awesome 9w1 mom--chill, laid back, accepting. She gave me freedom and didn't try to control me or my preferences in life. Yet I experience her as having neglected me, not cared for me, not nurtured me, etc. My nickname for her is Susan "never there when I need her" [last name]. When I think about it, this is the issue that causes me most pain--she wasn't there for me. She left me on my own to fend for myself.

My step-father, another 9w1, was abusive and stupid--he would always mock me and put me down for expressing my anger. He was VERY unfair to me. I could write about his asshole-dom all day; yet this doesn't bother me as much as the fact that my mother "wasn't there for me".

Interesting to note that Sevens often report this exact relationship with their mother--they have a negative orientation towards her, feeling as though she failed them somehow. Sixes report more of a sense that the abuse of power (generally, on the part of the father) was the worst thing in their childhood--they expected to be unfairly punished, and so either learned to submit or learned to combat that fear head on. My biological father is a 6, and this is his big complaint about the way I was raised. He doesn't get it that my mother's negligent attitude was far more difficult for me.

Again, not trying to push anything, but I think your response is very interesting as clearly you've got a resentment towards the way your mother raised you (or didn't raise you, as the case may be). It sounds as though she wasn't there for you, at least as you experienced it. Something else to consider.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx for the feedback @holyrockthrower, now im changing some things about my actual E type, and even my MBTI type.
Since im still stuck in 6w5 (my 6ish behaviours are too big to overlook them), you really helped me a lot with my self typing.
I think im a 6w5 xNTP with a 4 fix, and that may explain a lot of things. My 7ish behaviour is maybe a Ne dominant mimic stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts