Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps that's a little self-serving. Draw you in, get your attention. Based on most of the postings I've read so far, I'm "iNtuiting" a very young group of subscribers, probably students, going through self-discovery, dealing with the angst of moving from adolescence into adulthood. While I'm fascinated by what I'm reading for the most part, I must admit I was hoping to find a community of individuals interested in Personality Types at a deeper level.

What is a deeper level?

Well, what I'm looking for is individuals who have applied type either to their own lives in a meaningful way, or applied it in a professional context. For example, are you a psychotherapist, a career counsellor, a guidance counsellor, a clergyperson, a training professional, a life coach? Are you using the tool to guide yourself or others to personal growth and understanding?

And are you having success? What works? What's your approach? What brings success? What are the barriers?

Do you use it for enhancing communication skills, dealing with conflict, or overcoming barriers to personal fulfilliment?

What guidance do you give to your client, patient, parishoner, student? Do you go beyond the basics of understanding personality?

Of EQUAL importance:
If you're just working with the output of your own assessment, what questions do you have?

What MORE information or coaching could you have received to make it come to life for you?

What would you like to know about type application to better understand yourself?

What parts of your life would you like to explore in terms of your type?

Have you heard of temperament? primary, secondary, tertiary functions?

So, a lot of questions! Any responses?

·
Registered
ENFP
8 Posts
Hello:) I think I can respond to this (yes, 10 years after the original post, but better late than never) I am a psychotherapist and a relationship coach with more than 20 years of experience in socionics and MBTI. I have been using this tool since I was 16 in every area of my life and can't imagine my work without the utilization of it (happens almost automatically at this point). I disagree that a person should practice self-typing because our functional roles are often in a way of discovering the true core type, thus - people are getting invalid test results. The functional roles create the most obstacles on the road of identifying innate preferences.
In regards to success - it is incredible to help people arrive at the realization that nothing is wrong with them (or with their spouses/kids/relatives/coworkers/friends and so on), but it's just who they are and the interpersonal dynamics between the preferences in each type. Clients' lives change when they gain the awareness of what they actually like and need, and who they should stay away from because they cannot change them and will only suffer next to them. Clients also discover what they actually want to do and why the current job or group of friends or girlfriend makes them feel so drained. I can continue and continue with examples, but in short - it is a fascinating tool when properly applieded, and with deep knowledge of it comes the practice that brings balance and harmony to the clients.

Reactions: Electra
1 - 2 of 2 Posts