Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In dallas, they will litelly let in like 145/152 people possible room. Come to the conclusion I literally hate these places because people don't know understand the concept of getting their drink and getting. Also I lack the rudimentary patience to waste over the necessary time it takes to get from one part of the club to the other. Anyone feel the same way about nightclubs?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I dislike nightclubs mostly because I dislike being around inebriated people, STDs, and bad music. Inebriated people are fun to watch from a distance, but up close you get vomited on. I have no desire to spend time anywhere near a nightclub.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In dallas, they will litelly let in like 145/152 people possible room. Come to the conclusion I literally hate these places because people don't know understand the concept of getting their drink and getting. Also I lack the rudimentary patience to waste over the necessary time it takes to get from one part of the club to the other. Anyone feel the same way about nightclubs?
There are lots of extroverts who hate night clubs.
Choosing a night club as a way of having fun is a life style choice not an introvert v extrovert thing.

·
Banned
5,117 Posts
I prefer Bars and Cocktail Lounges now-a-days to nightclubs generally.
But some low key nightclubs that dont pull a massive crowd are OK.

Reactions: Sensational

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I'm an introvert so it's expected that I have no interest in clubs but I've met quite a few extroverts who share the same viewpoint on clubs as you do. I actually talked to my mom about this and she said she also doesn't like going to clubs because it feels like a waste of time and doesn't see the appeal of getting drunk.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I dislike nightclubs mostly because I dislike being around inebriated people, STDs, and bad music. Inebriated people are fun to watch from a distance, but up close you get vomited on. I have no desire to spend time anywhere near a nightclub.
Extroversion =\= hedonism. Some if us are quite responsibile and even prudish. I have my vices but doing drugs anf fucking strangers while some monotonus, mindless digital noise blares in my ears is not one of the.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, to me they seem overrated. Plus yeah extroverts have higher dopamine arousal to their frontal lobe and that's the pleasure transmitter in the brain.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Extroversion =\= hedonism. Some if us are quite responsibile and even prudish. I have my vices but doing drugs anf fucking strangers while some monotonus, mindless digital noise blares in my ears is not one of the.
Some guy asked my husband and I the other night if we partied. We simultaneously said, "No, not really."
My husband added, "Sometimes we have LAN parties."
Me: "And drink tea."

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Yes you're definitely the only one. The function of extraversion is to go to clubs. It has been that way long before mankind existed. In fact, building clubs and spending nights inside is the finality of extraversion. Why do we adapt? To build clubs. It's logical. Another question maybe?

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
"Am I the only" ... why does it matter if you are or if you are not? Always ask this question before asking the question.

Anyways, probably are, probably not. But it doesn't matter if you are or if you're not. Probably more important to ask yourself what and why you're looking for whatever answer you're looking for and work on that instead.

Personally, I used to like clubs and I used to like bars. But I did it my own way. I had the experiences, but I didn't need those experiences to be a certain way because I shaped my own experience. I didn't like drinking so I didn't drink. I didn't like being around drunk friends, so my friends knew that I would leave at around the time they lost their minds but that I was fun and had fun before they reached that point.

Same thing with my wife. We do go to clubs and bars sometimes (very rare), but when we do, we do it a certain way that pleases both of us. It's about us. No expectations. No needs.

At the moment, we haven't been to a club in about three years or so, and we've had fun other ways.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
976 Posts
It seems funny to me that everyone stereotypes people who go to clubs. I guess anyone who likes to go clubbing is a drunk with STDs? Ummm..okay.

I love music. I love dancing. I don't even drink usually when I go clubbing, I will just dance with my girlfriends all night long to crazy awesome music. I went out in NYC visiting friends to this club that played music from the 50s and 60s and we were there until 3 am, and then the next night we all had dinner and a bunch of us (guys and girls) had some drinks and went to a club playing rap and EDM until it closed at 5 am. It was totally awesome.

Also, my mom loves to dance, and will totally go clubbing with me - some people just love to hear great music and be surrounded by happy people who are also dancing. There is a lot of joy in dancing and music - it is one of the things that people in all societies across the world have in common. Don't be such Debbie Downers guys.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Well, my answer is twofold. I THINK I want to like it, and I try over and over. But when I do it, I usually do not like it. It takes a special night and meeting interesting people to make it work. The best bet is to bring the special people with you, but, then it seems cheaper and better in every way to go party at their house or yours ...

So, I guess mostly, you are not alone.

·
Registered
wat
1,459 Posts

You're probably an introvert extroverting.

Naaaah! An extrovert isn't obligatory a PARTYHARDDRINKALOHOLANDVOMITEVERYWHERE person. So don't worry.
Remember that... You are not alone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts