Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im startign to think iam sabotaging my own life, im making bad decisions and choices and thinking negatively about my future, when i think like this i give up, i have no hope and no way of climbing myself out of the hole i have dug myself into.But i have never had much possitiivity in my life or decent guidance of any kind, so am i doing to myself what others have believed and thought of me??? am i projecting their expectations unconsciously??????????????

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
by negatively thinking about your future, you are indeed sabotaging your future. thought has tremendous effect on reality.

whatever you put out you will receive. and thus bad things come to you because you are putting out that bad things will come to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
im startign to think iam sabotaging my own life, im making bad decisions and choices and thinking negatively about my future, when i think like this i give up, i have no hope and no way of climbing myself out of the hole i have dug myself into.But i have never had much possitiivity in my life or decent guidance of any kind, so am i doing to myself what others have believed and thought of me??? am i projecting their expectations unconsciously??????????????
Hmm.. I don't know you at all, but have you heard of something called a self-fulfilling prophecy? It's when you expect something to go badly, and so it does.. It sounds like you're kinda doing that.. As for not having positivity or guidance in your life, surely you have some friends? And I know this is cliche, but try not to worry about what others think of you.. The first and most important thing is that you're happy with yourself.

To quote Dr Seuss:
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

Hope this helped a little :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
since you mention decent guidance i am going to shamelessly quote dr phil here~ because i can honestly and without embarassment say until i watched his programmes several years ago and read his life strategies book about becoming your own life manager i did self sabotage, thought negatively about my life and had no hope, doing exactly what people predicted for me, blaming others for my own decisions and ending up with a rubbish life accordingly. i read the book, got with and stuck to the program, and changed my life incredibly, it wasnt easy but i am so glad i did it, i know 100% that had i not i would have killed myself by now or at the very least would be in exactly the same rubbish life situation i was in, just more depressed about it and even more unable to do anything about it by now. i wish i could write the whole book here but only you can take the decision that you want to change your life for the better. You have already made a fantastic start by acknowledging that you have been doing this so well done for that :cool: i started emboldening the real important bits, but i gave up cos they are all important!
Life Law #1: You either get it or you don't. Strategy: Become one of those who gets it.
Life Law #2: You create your own experience. Strategy: Acknowledge and accept accountability for your life. Understand your role in creating results.
Life Law #3: People do what works. Strategy: Identify the payoffs that drive your behavior and that of others.
Life Law #4: You cannot change what you do not acknowledge. Strategy: Get real with yourself about life and everybody in it. Be truthful about what isn't working in your life. Stop making excuses and start making results.
Life Law #5: Life rewards action.Strategy: Make careful decisions and then pull the trigger. Learn that the world couldn't care less about thoughts without actions.
Life Law #6: There is no reality, only perception. Strategy: Identify the filters through which you view the world. Acknowledge your history without being controlled by it.
Life Law #7: Life is managed; it is not cured. Strategy: Learn to take charge of your life and hold on. This is a long ride, and you are the driver every single day.
Life Law #8: We teach people how to treat us. Strategy: Own, rather than complain about, how people treat you. Learn to renegotiate your relationships to have what you want.
Life Law #9: There is power in forgiveness. Strategy: Open your eyes to what anger and resentment are doing to you. Take your power back from those who have hurt you.
Life Law #10: You have to name it before you can claim it. Strategy: Get clear about what you want and take your turn.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I may not be suited to give an advice right now, considering that you partially explained why you're having thoughts of negativity (e.g. decent guidance).
However, this is what I can tell you: The mind is capable of harnessing powerful thoughts. Whatever is harnessed within, is shown through immediate output.

Pandora showed us hope. Use it wisely:proud:
:crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts