Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that INFJ's are not necessarily right brained or left brained. Are any of you ambidextrous? Or have stories about this? When I was young and starting school they were freaking because I wasn't favoring one hand over the other, they made me choose. Always wondered if it really would have been a problem.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I write and use the either fork or spoon with my left. I play guitar, dribble the basketball, bowl, play billiards with my right. I think I just did things with my right because when I learned guitar, the only one available was a right-handed one and without any resources, I never thought of making it into a left-handed one. Basketball was the same, because most people were playing righthanded, so I just developed it. Although, I noticed that my right arm is stronger.

I've read somewhere that I'm more a mixed handed person than ambidextrous. Ambidextrous people tend to, let's say write, on both hands than just one hemisphere. It's not a problem in the long term, Normalone.

Sometimes I think that maybe that's why I don't have a clear purpose and it is reflected in that way, where I'm mixed-handed. Yet, perhaps I'm just over-thinking it. My mom just let me write and I just took up the left. I played with the other kids and I used my right. It makes me unique, and I like it. I can sketch, but I was not able to develop that further, but it shows I have a creative side.

I wish I did develop that because I know I could have been a good architect.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I'm not an INFJ, but I am right hand dominate ambidextrous. I can write (and do many other things) equally well with both hands. My general preference, however, is to use my right hand... mostly because left handedness was discouraged by teachers when I was a kid... and so I was taught to use my right hand.

I just wrote this on another thread not long ago, actually.

I choose to write right handed for the simple reason that I've done it so long. You have no idea how much you use the muscles in your forearm to write... and how quickly they tire if that's not what you're used to doing. That's the main reason I don't write much with my left hand. I get tired too quickly and then my handwriting turns to absolute shit.

I can also shoot (pistols) with either hand, throw footballs and shoot baskets... dribble with both hands, I also a switch hitter when batting. I box primary as a south paw, however I do switch back and forth from time to time. South paw is the more natural stance for me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am right handed...hand write with my right hand and type with my left hand...when I enter numbers I use my left hand...spelling errors get corrected with my right hand.
Not sure if that is being ambidextrous...its normal to me?

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
When I still played soccer I could use both feet almost equally well. I prefered my right feet a little bit, but I used my left often. I am also capable of using both hands. Some things I can do better with my left, other things I do better with my right. The only thing my left hand isn't really capable of is writing, but that is more down to me having shitty handwriting already.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,699 Posts
I'm not an INFJ, but I'm an ambidextrous with a left hand dominance. I can write and draw equally with both hands due to years of practice in school. Yet, my main hand preference for writing is my left. I eat with my right hand. I can only use a pair of scissors with my right hand. As for sports, I could use both sides equally although I prefer my left hand when throwing a ball.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
My father is ambidextrous. I often do typical things a left-handed person would do but I am right-hand dominant mostly.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I seeeeeerrrriiiiioooouuuusssslllllyyyyy doubt whether true ambidexterity has anything to do with your personality type. And the left vs right brained thing isn't really a thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm ambidextrous and and INFJ, but I was made to choose which hand to write with in kindergarten. I chose right because everyone else was doing it. I have injured my right hand a couple of times though and my left hand writing is legible. I do also kick with my right foot. I eat and drive better left handed. I do everything else with both hands. My boyfriend freaks out when I am cooking or cleaning becasue to him it looks "frenzied" but I'm just using both hands. He frequently asks me to slow down becasue it looks like I'm angry but I'm just focused on using both of my hands at the same time. It is really useful though, because I can get these things done in much less time than most people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read that INFJ's are not necessarily right brained or left brained. Are any of you ambidextrous? Or have stories about this? When I was young and starting school they were freaking because I wasn't favoring one hand over the other, they made me choose. Always wondered if it really would have been a problem.
Im INFJ, honestly not until now have i realised I am ambidextrous, found out last week when i tried to write with my left hand and it worked, honestly I'm not to sure if that counts as me beibg ambidextrous, but i can do practically everything with my left hand too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts