Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I don't know that movie well enough to answer your question, but I do want to express my love for the quote that ends taht movie -- "its hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. Then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain, and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.

You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry. You will someday."

It's like...for years I searched for the right words to express how I feel about the world, and there, like -that-, there it was.

To be on-topic, Lester does kind of seem like an INFP once I think about it...I could be totally wrong, though. :)

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
LOL! That's too funny that you posted this! My entp friend and I love to watch this movie.

Mom (Carolyn Burnham- ESTJ

Kevin Spacey (Lester Burnham)- INTP

Daughter (Jane Burnham)- ISTP (don't know)

Daughter's friend Angela- ESTP

Col. Frank Fits- ESTJ

Ricky Fitz- INTJ

Reactions: Likeagoat

·
Registered
758 Posts
Lester= INTP
His wife= ENFJ
Daughter= ISTP
Daughter's friend= ES--
Next door neighbour dude= ESTJ
His son= INTJ

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm second guessing my post... I'm thinking the mom lady might be E-FJ and Ricky dude is ENFJ (he behaves the way he did due to his father and upbringing and environment) :unsure:

·
Banned
193 Posts
Mom - ESTJ
Lester - INTP
Ricky - ISFP (would love to see more discussion here - he sounds more SP than NJ to me when he talks about deep things)
Daughter - ISTJ (her responses to Ricky intially feel more SJ than SP to me)
Angela- ESTP
Colonel - damaged ISFJ

I was curious who this movie would appeal to - in my experience SJs and ENTJs?? seem to like it..

on the Mom being ESTJ: she does show F signs but I think this is more because she's a female SJ. She's pretty badass later on when she cheats on Lester.
Colonel being ISFJ: He acts really masculine but it's very paranoid, suspicious, insecure etc. This is because his sense of what male should be (SJ) overpowers his auxiliary need to conform with other's needs (Fe) resulting in him being unbalanced and bottled up in anger (an ESTJ would have a lot more discipline with that, I think, and not be so personal about their anger)

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Lester= INTP
His wife= ENFJ
Daughter= ISTP
Daughter's friend= ES--
Next door neighbour dude= ESTJ
His son= INTJ
Why do you think ENFJ? ESFJ maybe, but ENFJ? I don't think so.

i always saw ricky as a Feeler for some reason..
Mom - ESTJ
Lester - INTP
Ricky - ISFP (would love to see more discussion here - he sounds more SP than NJ to me when he talks about deep things)
Daughter - ISTJ (her responses to Ricky intially feel more SJ than SP to me)
Angela- ESTP
Colonel - damaged ISFJ

I seriously doubt that Ricky was a feeler. He seemed more of a thinker to me. Why do you think that he is an ISFP? Is it because he was a photographer?

I was curious who this movie would appeal to - in my experience SJs and ENTJs?? seem to like it..

on the Mom being ESTJ: she does show F signs but I think this is more because she's a female SJ. She's pretty badass later on when she cheats on Lester.
Colonel being ISFJ: He acts really masculine but it's very paranoid, suspicious, insecure etc. This is because his sense of what male should be (SJ) overpowers his auxiliary need to conform with other's needs (Fe) resulting in him being unbalanced and bottled up in anger (an ESTJ would have a lot more discipline with that, I think, and not be so personal about their anger)
There was not an ounce of Fe in the colonel at all. He used a shitload of Te.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Carolyn Burnham - ENTJ (I could see her being ESTJ, but I went with N because I don't think she would be compatible enough with Les otherwise; she does use plenty of Te, though.)

Lester Burnham - INTP (Duh. His awesomeness cannot be measured.)

Jane Burnham - INFJ (pure bullshit guess, I've never met an INFJ that I know of, so I don't really know how to judge, but she seemed so INF to me but INFP just seemed too soft for her. The logic of this should be apparent.)

Angela - ESTP (She comes across as an ESFx initially, but she's actually thinking, just not that profoundly -- she's also definitely not an SJ)

Col. Frank Fits - ESTJ (Clearly an E, obviously an SJ, certainly a T.)

Ricky Fitz - INTJ (I watched the movie thinking of him as an ENTP because I was under the impression that most people thought of him as an E, but yeah, INTJ definitely fits better; he looks like an I and is definitely an NT, and there's no way he's INTP. I could still see him being an ENTP.)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I noticed that xNxx tend to type xNxx and xSxx tend to type xSxx. As 60% of the population are xSxx, I'd say it's an S unless I have a reason to think it's an N. While I have the movie on VCD, I haven't seen it for years so further comments awaits me seeing the movie again.

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
Love this movie. My turn-

Ricky's an ISFP. With a quote like that?! Se has to be one of his main functions. He also doesn't think things through, he's got an SP mentality far above an NT one. Seriously guys. I don't see INTJ at all.

Frank - Reminds me of an ESTJ dad I knew..

Angela - Seems more ESFP to me.

Jane - IxFx of some kind?

Lester - ENTP, I think. Not so sure about this one.

Carolyn - ESTJ or ISTJ.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Lester - INTP
Carolyn (mom) - ESFJ
Jane (daughter) - ISFP
Angela (friend) - ESTP
Colonel Fitts (neighbor dad) - ESTJ
Ricky (neighbor son) - INFJ

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
A decent movie that's well-written with intriguing characters...

Lester - ISTP

Caroline - ESFJ

Jane - ISFP

Ricky - INTJ/INFx

Angela - ESFP

Frank - ISTJ

Barbara - ISFJ

Buddy - ENTJ

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
Okay, I know its getting a bit vintage but I think the characters in this film are fascinating. Not good at typing with MBTI but with enneagram, I type thee...

Lester Burnham - 9w8
Carolyn Burnham - 3w4
Jane Burnham - 4w5
Ricky Fitts - 5w4
Angela Hayes - 4w3 or 3w4(Famous Quote - There's nothing worse in life than being ordinary)
Col. Frank Fitts - 6w5 or 1w9
Buddy Kane - 3w2

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Lester Burnham - ISFP
Carolyn Burnham - ESFJ
Jane Burnham - ISFP
Ricky Fitts - INTJ
Angela Hayes - ESTP
Col. Frank Fitts - ISTJ
Buddy Kane - ENTJ