Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow ISTJ's,

What did you do with your "extra" hour tonight when you turned the clocks back?

FWIW, I was at work (and still am); instead of working 12 hours tonight I have the pleasure of working a 13-hour shift (of course, I'll get paid OT for it, so I can't complain TOO much). While I won't notice the effects immediately, it will catch up with me once I'm off the clock and headed home.

I detest the "time change" with nearly every fiber of my body. Up until 2006, my state did not observe DST at all (well, during my lifetime, anyway). We had always followed standard time, and therefore, never changed our clocks like most of the remainder of the country.

At any rate, my body definitely does NOT like the artificial monkeying around with the clocks, and the aftereffects will plague me for 2-3 weeks.

I invite you to read this article on Wikipedia, explaining the history of our at-times convoluted timekeeping syetem over the years: Time in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: I also wanted to add that due to my specific geographical location in the state, during the summer, the sun doesn't even SET until 9:20 at night thanks to Daylight Stupid Time. (... and then there's the period of twilight afterward; it doesn't even get dark until 10 at night. What's wrong with that picture?!)

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I understand why the decision to go with DST, but I am never thrilled with the decision to change the time.

I uploaded pictures in prep for the court of honor coming up Tuesday. This is the big one where I get to address a couple of hundred people. And it is especially big this year, because I am tendering my resignation. :mixed feelings::confused:

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've never really had a problem with DST. I've traveled enough over the years (lol, only 19) to understand that it only takes a couple days to get used to it.

As for what I did with my extra hour: (with an explanation)
I went to see Toy Story 3 at the $3 movies with my younger sister at 4:20PM, then we went to Panera and ate dinner. We came back home and realized that we really wanted to watch Wall-E, so we did. We finished that movie at 9:30PM, and then we decided to be rebels and watch yet ANOTHER movie (we didn't realize we had an extra hour!). We wanted to watch Lion King, but we didn't have it on DVD (I KNOW we have it on VHS, but I didn't want to have to go into the closet trying to find it and never be seen from again...). So we decided to watch The Cutting Edge (omg my favorite 90's chick flick), since it stars Moira Kelly (the voice of Nala in Lion King).
Now I'm awake, and I feel totally reckless (because we watched THREE films in one night), but I don't really feel the consequences because it's only 7:45AM, and church is at 11AM. So theoretically, I could watch ANOTHER film and still have time. *sigh* Crazy.
(I consider the past 12 hours as crazy and reckless, while my ENFP sister was whining last night about being lonely and a loser for not having a party to go to. Our differences make me laugh. ^_^)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I didn't even know time was changing. It changed while I was asleep and I didn't notice. Guess I slept 9 hours instead of 8 last night.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sleep of course. I woke up, saw what the clock said, couldn't remember if it was one of the clocks that changes itself, decided to go back to sleep.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I didn't notice. In fact, I probably wouldn't have noticed, if I didn't see this thread, as all my clocks are automatically updated (gotta love the internet, baby)...

I was asleep. It's been a long, stressful week...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I guess I kinda used my hour up last night by staying up an hour later than normal. I work at six A.M., have to be up at five A.M. so I usually am in bed at ten. I drove my sister around for the hour because she needed someone to talk to about her problems >.<

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
[I watched Glenn Beck and laughed my head off when he described the election results.Glenn Beck - Videos
If you want to see it follow the instructions
Click on glennbeck.tv once you reach the videos
go to page 2
click on "happy days are here again"

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I do notice the change, however I do not let it worry me too much. After all, time (or what we believe to be the 'correct' time) is a construct by us and not real. So, fiddling around with our perception isn't that bad. Besides, you get used to it in 1- 2 days.

What did I do? Am not in America so can't say. However, here in down under when I get an extra hour, I have a good extra sleep in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts