Personality Cafe banner

What comes to mind FIRST when I say "American Pie"?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What comes to your mind first when I say that title?

The movie or the song?

I'm curious about this.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My first thought was the movie, primarily because, as a personality typology theory-based forum, I figured the types of the characters in the movie would be the subject.

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first thought was the movie, primarily because, as a personality typology theory-based forum, I figured the types of the characters in the movie would be the subject.
Actually, my purpose was more along the lines of looking at generations, and whether or not that played a hand in which one people would think of first. My general hypothesis is that older people would think of the song and younger people would think of the movie.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Actually, my purpose was more along the lines of looking at generations, and whether or not that played a hand in which one people would think of first. My general hypothesis is that older people would think of the song and younger people would think of the movie.
Yeah, once I clicked and saw the question you were asking, I figured that was the aim.

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
I think I may have crashed your hypothesis, because I thought first of the song and forgot there even was a movie. I still only know that there is a movie. I have no idea what it's about.
Sorry about that. :sad:

To be honest the first thing I thought of was tricoloured fruit pie.

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I may have crashed your hypothesis, because I thought first of the song and forgot there even was a movie. I still only know that there is a movie. I have no idea what it's about.
Sorry about that. :sad:

To be honest the first thing I thought of was tricoloured fruit pie.

Now that's what I call American Pie.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
4 teenage guys make a pact to get laid; so like the the American version of the inbetweeners I guess.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
What comes to your mind first when I say that title?
The movie(s). I have 1,2 and 3 on VCD/DVD.

American Pie (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The movie or the song?
What song? Does the movie have a soundtrack that I don't remember?
Then I'm suddenly in my older sister's apartment back in the 70s listening to Don McLean.
A little later I'm thinking: Didn't Madonna make a version of the song? (rhetorical question)

American Pie (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that's what I call American Pie.
I think the name comes from "as American as apple pie": Apple pie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Unfortunately the movie (I've never even watched it). Love the song though. Guess I fit into your theory ;)

Reactions: Monsieur Melancholy
1 - 20 of 37 Posts