Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
She sees dead people...I see charlatans.

·
Registered
815 Posts

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,430 Posts
*runs with a horizontal hairdo*

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
"If people are stupid enough to believe this crap, they deserve to be exploited" Very similar to what happens when a shoplifter gets away with stealing enough times....they'll actually blame the store for letting them.

Since 1964 there has been a challenge from the James Randi Educational Foundation for ANYONE who can prove something paranormal - it's up to a million dollars now. It seems a little hard to believe that in that time, no one would have been able to provide adequate proof if the supernatural was verifiable in a legitimate way. Even if they didn't want to get any sort of gain from their "powers"....what charity wouldn't want a million dollars?

JREF Challenge FAQ

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
vid is broken, mabe the spirits dont want me to see it...
If the videos do not work, then you can search Youtube. I am sure they have some videos of Dead Files or related information.

For her to see spirits they would first have to exist.
Do you believe in hauntings? I heard of a Chinese saying about when it comes to ghosts, it is best to stay away.

"If people are stupid enough to believe this crap, they deserve to be exploited" Very similar to what happens when a shoplifter gets away with stealing enough times....they'll actually blame the store for letting them.

Since 1964 there has been a challenge from the James Randi Educational Foundation for ANYONE who can prove something paranormal - it's up to a million dollars now. It seems a little hard to believe that in that time, no one would have been able to provide adequate proof if the supernatural was verifiable in a legitimate way. Even if they didn't want to get any sort of gain from their "powers"....what charity wouldn't want a million dollars?

JREF Challenge FAQ
That is interesting if JREF could test the paranormal on Amy Allan, though JREF already denied spiritual claims because they are "untestable".

Thank you all for commenting.

For anyone interested, Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures also appears INTJ:

http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/ghost-adventures

·
Registered
571 Posts
To be honnest, i do believe that there are some "paranormal" claims that have a foundation of truth, only because i have personaly experienced some. I do not claim that it is spirits, nor anything of the sort. However, i would definetely not make a shoody show on it or even participate in a shoddy show on it, and im damned sure its because im an Introvert, and a logical one at that. The day we can have the tools adequate to quantify those events that are plausible (and i strech this, because the only reason why i think that some of it is true is because i experienced it, and that im not the only one who does that i personaly know, but i think we are both crazy), then it would be acceptable to make a show on it. Untill then, i do not know a single INTJ, including myself, that would go on a show about such things.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be honnest, i do believe that there are some "paranormal" claims that have a foundation of truth, only because i have personaly experienced some. I do not claim that it is spirits, nor anything of the sort. However, i would definetely not make a shoody show on it or even participate in a shoddy show on it, and im damned sure its because im an Introvert, and a logical one at that. The day we can have the tools adequate to quantify those events that are plausible (and i strech this, because the only reason why i think that some of it is true is because i experienced it, and that im not the only one who does that i personaly know, but i think we are both crazy), then it would be acceptable to make a show on it. Untill then, i do not know a single INTJ, including myself, that would go on a show about such things.
What paranormal activity have you experienced? What is shoddy? What makes you think the show is shoddy? Shoddy compared to what? What is quantify? How do you quantify a paranormal experience? Who is crazy? What makes you think you are crazy? I hope you now know two INTJ who actually carry out paranormal investigations funded by Travel Channel. Thank you for commenting.

·
Registered
571 Posts
What paranormal activity have you experienced? What is shoddy? What makes you think the show is shoddy? Shoddy compared to what? What is quantify? How do you quantify a paranormal experience? Who is crazy? What makes you think you are crazy? I hope you now know two INTJ who actually carry out paranormal investigations funded by Travel Channel. Thank you for commenting.
a)Somebody reading my mind, literaly.
b)shoddy
c)No quantifiable data, unstrict regulating
d)Compared to any science worthy of that name
e)quantify
f)We cannot yet, and that is why it is shoddy
g)Me and the person who read my mind. My theory, wich has as much plausibility as that of it being through "spirits", is that the reason why he suceeded is that we are crazy in the same way.
h)Why not?
I)Again, probably not Introverts, definately lacking Logic too.
J)your welcome.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a)Somebody reading my mind, literaly.
b)shoddy
c)No quantifiable data, unstrict regulating
d)Compared to any science worthy of that name
e)quantify
f)We cannot yet, and that is why it is shoddy
g)Me and the person who read my mind. My theory, wich has as much plausibility as that of it being through "spirits", is that the reason why he suceeded is that we are crazy in the same way.
h)Why not?
I)Again, probably not Introverts, definately lacking Logic too.
J)your welcome.
What makes you think somebody was reading your mind? What is quantifiable data? How do you quantify ghosts? What is unstrict regulating? Unstrict compared to what? What is science worthy of that name? What name? Worthy compared to what? What can we not do yet? What makes you think he succeeded in reading your mind? What makes you think you and him were crazy? What makes you think Amy and Zak from the Dead Files and Ghost Adventures are not introverts? What makes you think they lack logic? Lacking logic compared with whom? Please clarify. Thank you.

·
Registered
571 Posts
What makes you think somebody was reading your mind? What is quantifiable data? How do you quantify ghosts? What is unstrict regulating? Unstrict compared to what? What is science worthy of that name? What name? Worthy compared to what? What can we not do yet? What makes you think he succeeded in reading your mind? What makes you think you and him were crazy? What makes you think Amy and Zak from the Dead Files and Ghost Adventures are not introverts? What makes you think they lack logic? Lacking logic compared with whom? Please clarify. Thank you.
Are you for real?
This is a link containing the answer to ALL of your questions.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think she needs to see a psychologist for some medications that might take care of the hallucinations.
What makes you think she sees hallucinations?

Are you for real?
This is a link containing the answer to ALL of your questions.
Sorry, I still do not know what you mean specifically.

Thank you both for commenting.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
What makes you think she sees hallucinations?

Sorry, I still do not know what you mean specifically.

If this woman claims to see something that does not exist, she hallucinates. Ghosts do not exist as far as we know. All unexplained phenomena in this world has an explanation to it other than ghosts but due conditions of the experience or nature of the person experiencing the explanation is either not effectively researched or is poorly documented and then human imagination fills in the gaps.

A true supernatural can not exist, as as soon as it can be replicated, located, and researched it becomes natural. Telepathy has not been demonstrated effectively, telekinesis even less, ghosts, demons and fairies all are figments of human imagination and what ever supernatural you may have experience is likely just your own brains, the greatest virtual reality machine, misfiring and creating hallucinations of visual or auditory nature.

All recorded ghostly sounds have been too remote and garbled to actually be accounted for anything else than background noises distorted by sensitive electronic equipment to resemble something else than setting of elements on a planet that constantly lives as we live on a thin crust floating a top of giant ball of molten stone. Did you know that each continent actually waves a little on top of it, causing small alterations in angle all the time. This is why we can't just bolt our satellite dishes on solid rock and aim them to a spot, they need to be on dozens of motors compensating for the smallest movements happening constantly, these movements can cause large facilities to make sounds and pipe-works, element walls and such to pop and settle even without changes in temperature over time. walls crack, stone ruins drift apart and collapse over time, ancient tombs slowly grind to rubble because they are under constant microscopic shift.

And then uneducated people go around, with their video cameras and mics and other devices, and hear ghosts talking, while all it is is a building or a tree, or a bedrock leaning a little with the ripple of the very earth beneath their feet. And then they walk away with a sense of self entitlement that they recorded the first proof of ghosts ever, for the millionth time. All this chasing of invisible pink unicorns while the greatest wonders and fascinating events happen in the very natural world under very natural laws of forces.
Sure, it is important to always look at the unknown, but these people do not look at the unknown with a sense of puzzlement and curiosity, they look at it to support their own little imaginations and they force it around their very narrow views of what is natural, and then they seek to make money out of it by spouting nonsense to other ignorant idiots who have no idea how much more there is to be discovered through some effort to understand science.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Is this thread topic and location what anyone else would call trolling?

Sure looks like it, smells like it (ectoplasm - ha!) and I'm not willing to taste it, but I bet it does taste of troll as well.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If this woman claims to see something that does not exist, she hallucinates. Ghosts do not exist as far as we know. All unexplained phenomena in this world has an explanation to it other than ghosts but due conditions of the experience or nature of the person experiencing the explanation is either not effectively researched or is poorly documented and then human imagination fills in the gaps.

A true supernatural can not exist, as as soon as it can be replicated, located, and researched it becomes natural. Telepathy has not been demonstrated effectively, telekinesis even less, ghosts, demons and fairies all are figments of human imagination and what ever supernatural you may have experience is likely just your own brains, the greatest virtual reality machine, misfiring and creating hallucinations of visual or auditory nature.

All recorded ghostly sounds have been too remote and garbled to actually be accounted for anything else than background noises distorted by sensitive electronic equipment to resemble something else than setting of elements on a planet that constantly lives as we live on a thin crust floating a top of giant ball of molten stone. Did you know that each continent actually waves a little on top of it, causing small alterations in angle all the time. This is why we can't just bolt our satellite dishes on solid rock and aim them to a spot, they need to be on dozens of motors compensating for the smallest movements happening constantly, these movements can cause large facilities to make sounds and pipe-works, element walls and such to pop and settle even without changes in temperature over time. walls crack, stone ruins drift apart and collapse over time, ancient tombs slowly grind to rubble because they are under constant microscopic shift.

And then uneducated people go around, with their video cameras and mics and other devices, and hear ghosts talking, while all it is is a building or a tree, or a bedrock leaning a little with the ripple of the very earth beneath their feet. And then they walk away with a sense of self entitlement that they recorded the first proof of ghosts ever, for the millionth time. All this chasing of invisible pink unicorns while the greatest wonders and fascinating events happen in the very natural world under very natural laws of forces.
Sure, it is important to always look at the unknown, but these people do not look at the unknown with a sense of puzzlement and curiosity, they look at it to support their own little imaginations and they force it around their very narrow views of what is natural, and then they seek to make money out of it by spouting nonsense to other ignorant idiots who have no idea how much more there is to be discovered through some effort to understand science.
Who says ghosts do not exist? What makes you think ghosts do not exist? What is evidence that you need to say ghosts exist? Have you seen any evidence for ghosts? I am sure that the Travel Channel is smart enough to not invest money and time by putting a person with hallucinations and needing to see a psychiatrist on the air.

If you have not seen The Dead Files, it is about investigations on the paranormal involving a NYPD homicide detective Steve DiSchiavi (likely INTP), who conducts historical research and interviews with witnesses on the haunted location, while Amy Allan (likely INTJ), uses her psychic abilities to glean the environment by communicating with spirits. In the end, the two put their information together with the owner of the haunted house and explain a possible reason for the hauntings. For Ghost Adventures, Zak Bagans and his crew try to capture evidence for ghosts at haunted places using sound recordings and other technology science has to offer. Both shows try to explain the existence of ghosts, while offering different methods; one by technology, the other by matching historical research with psychic information.

Is this thread topic and location what anyone else would call trolling?

Sure looks like it, smells like it (ectoplasm - ha!) and I'm not willing to taste it, but I bet it does taste of troll as well.
What makes you think this thread topic and its location is trolling?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Who says ghosts do not exist? What makes you think ghosts do not exist? What is evidence that you need to say ghosts exist?
I would settle for Evidence. How about that? The word itself was very self explanatory.

Have you seen any evidence for ghosts? I am sure that the Travel Channel is smart enough to not invest money and time by putting a person with hallucinations and needing to see a psychiatrist on the air.
You ask have I seen any evidence for ghosts? As if my statement previously didn't cover that. Do you have reading comprehension problems? Am I just wasting my time here expecting you to actually make sense of the words I write in cohesive and logical manner?
Travel channel, among many other channels have put a lot of people with mental issues on air, that's called good television.

If you have not seen The Dead Files, it is about investigations on the paranormal involving a NYPD homicide detective Steve DiSchiavi (likely INTP), who conducts historical research and interviews with witnesses on the haunted location, while Amy Allan (likely INTJ), uses her psychic abilities to glean the environment by communicating with spirits.
Even if these hacks can be typed psychologically, which I have not seen you do (only you have claimed their types, not offered any analysis why you type them as such) it doesn't give them any better credibility. They can still be liars, delusional or plain crazy.

Zak Bagans and his crew try to capture evidence for ghosts at haunted places using sound recordings and other technology science has to offer. Both shows try to explain the existence of ghosts, while offering different methods; one by technology, the other by matching historical research with psychic information.
To abuse technology and then assign paranormal "explanations" to shit you can either fake or misinterpret does not science make.

What makes you think this thread topic and its location is trolling?
Because the stupid in this thread is reaching patronizing depths.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would settle for Evidence. How about that? The word itself was very self explanatory.

You ask have I seen any evidence for ghosts? As if my statement previously didn't cover that. Do you have reading comprehension problems? Am I just wasting my time here expecting you to actually make sense of the words I write in cohesive and logical manner?
Travel channel, among many other channels have put a lot of people with mental issues on air, that's called good television.
What makes you think I have reading comprehension problems? What other people with mental issues has the Travel Channel put on air? Has there been good television without people with mental issues? If you want evidence of ghosts in pictures, videos, sound recordings, eyewitnesses, and historical records, they all exist; whether you believe them is up to you. If the only evidence you need to convince you that ghosts exist is to actually see a ghost (or even having a ghost knock on your door to tell you of its existence), then you might just have to go somewhere reportedly haunted (given that you are open-minded and believe such things are even possible).

Even if these hacks can be typed psychologically, which I have not seen you do (only you have claimed their types, not offered any analysis why you type them as such) it doesn't give them any better credibility. They can still be liars, delusional or plain crazy.

To abuse technology and then assign paranormal "explanations" to shit you can either fake or misinterpret does not science make.

Because the stupid in this thread is reaching patronizing depths.
If you refuse to believe anything without direct experience, then probably nothing can convince you of their existence (how do you know Antarctica exists if you do not believe in eyewitness accounts, pictures, maps, and without being there?). Ghosts aside, I am still convinced of Amy Allan and Zak Bagans being INTJ, because they remind me of other INTJs I know, though I will take other personality considerations into account. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts