Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, maybe this is just me, maybe it's Maybelline BUT I want to clear some things up surrounding us ENTPs of the female variety. This may come across as more than a little ranty but hey, what do you expect when hunting ENTPs? You better get used to it, sunshine. This will be reposted in the INFJ forum because I know the poor little buggers need some help with their little obsession with us amongst many other things...before that, any additional input would be appreciated.

Appearance:

This is probably the most infuriating of generalised areas when I visit ENTP female archived posts/blogs and such, yeah sure, we have an effortless masculine charismatic charm about us but we can be feminine too, I always see generalisations stating that we are all tomboys, just an extension of male ENTPs that don't care about our outer appearance and some of us are like that, comfort and practicality are important but there are some of us that love to look very feminine and love to dress up. I found that as an ENTP woman, putting more effort into my appearance can go a long way, I'll admit, I'm a shameless flirt and looking a little better than everyone else compliments that so I can more easily get out of all sorts of trouble I always seem to get into *sighs*. I figure some other ENTP women have picked up on this little tidbit too. Our style can be more on the quirky side, I feel this coincides with the fact that we tend to have less conventional and varied interests. I myself, love little hats and retro/vintage styles but I know for me and other ENTP women, funny or interesting graphic tees are always welcome in our wardrobes. I read on another thread that we can appear to look quiet stuck up in the way we carry ourselves, like our aloofness bleeds through our pores and gives off an, "I'm better than you", self assured type vibe. I believe that this can be due to narcissism but also, a bit of a defense tactic that many NT women feel forced to develop as many of us have been are targets of bullying throughout our life. I personally can appear to be quite closed off to outsiders as I put on a, "don't fuck with me" facade. Trust me, we don't bite, unless you're into that ;) or you piss us off. On the contrary, a few of my friends have stated that I give off an aura of sensuality and mystery when I'm in a social mood, I'm not quite sure in what way but I can act pretty coy in a flirtacious manner when I feel like it so you could look out for that.

Friends:

I'd say an easy way to spot us is through our friends, we tend to prefer male groups of friends as girls either love or hate us. I surround myself, unintentionally I may add, with male INTJs, ENTJs (He's a bit of a douche but pretty entertaining to wind up), ISTPs and female INFJs, INFPs and ENFPs who can handle my bs. I get on particularly well with INTJs and INFJs, I'm not sure if that is common but I have heard that those types compliment our type quite well. Although, they'd hate me saying it, INTJs are uncommon but quite easy to spot, if you find one, there is a chance there'll be an ENTP nearby. Some of us may have quite a large group of male friends with us and may appear to be flirty with a lot of them but don't be put off, it is mainly just playful and most of them if not all, are stuck in the friendzone, oops.

Where to find us:

As mentioned before, we have pretty unusual interests that we gain and lose all the time, so if you want to find us expand your horizons and join all kinds of weird niche groups and clubs online or irl. The stereotype is debate clubs but we can be quite creative going from the whole "The Inventor" thingymabob. I personally loved design tech in school and still make plenty of things but more wearable stuff than woodwork and such, so things like sewing, making hats and historical style costumes and jewelry. I've noticed a trend on dating sites where people have actually started writing their mbti on their profiles but I haven't seen that many ENTP women on there. There's a fair deal of ENTP men on Tinder though but they're pretty easy to spot irl anyway. We're pretty good at making a quick judgement on whether we'll get on with people or not and can be pretty assertive when we see someone we like the look of and that includes personality and appearance but we equally appreciate it when someone pursues and tries to woo us, we find it rather flattering.

Anyway, we'll probably find you if we're interested. We're like birds, we're attracted to shiny new interesting things and if you fit into that category, you can for sure be my lone fork, babe.

If you think I should add anything lemme know. Thanks, MadamQ :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
All the regular ENTP recipes, creative/innovative charismatic and sporadic flair, yada yada, but I reckon they would come to terms with Fe growth a bit sooner. Not to generalise but they have a stronger grip with empathy than male counterparts, and are a bit more sensitive with their trolling habits - but I appreciate that they are all different patterns of a perfect snowflake.

I think ENTP women wrestle with conformity a lot more than men, given the social context, which makes them firm in challenging these notions. Given the right environment where they can exercise some authority, they sound opinionated and blunt. In a power controlling environment, they are all the more cynical in their heads and persevering/plotting a way past the enforcements in some way.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I don't really have anything to add. Just a few commentaries.

funny or interesting graphic tees are always welcome in our wardrobes.
While I agree that we can be interested in looking nice more often than our type is given credit for, I can't say that graphic tees would be anywhere near my wardrobe. I can see why the idea of this generalisation has emerged, but I don't agree with it. I've never found tees that were witty or interesting, and most people in my country cringe at graphic tees. In NZ, or at least the parts I've lived in, they're well and truly out of style.

Apart from the graphic tees, everything else I completely agree with.

To add on to the point about how we don't all dress like dudes: dresses are my go-to in summer, even when all I'm doing is lounging around the house. They're cute without any effort on my behalf and they're comfortable. Imo, dresses are hella underrated.

That being said, my SF friends tend to make me (and my ENFJ friend) feel underdressed whenever we go somewhere... especially during winter. We cannot fathom why they would want to suffer through walking to a (cheap) restaurant in a crop top and a miniskirt when it's -3 degrees. I'd rather be warm. I'll dress nice, but not to the point where it's a detriment to myself.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hahaha, never understood that about some girls. They go through hell to look "pretty".
But, when it's freezing that hard, it just makes them look unintelligent. Fake.
Same with makeup. Get good skin, don't fuck up your skin with coloring / covering it every day.
Who wants to wake up next to someone they barely recognize before makeup-time!

Isn't it really easy to notice ENTP woman?
I mean you girls have so many annoying "social standards" that I don't see how an ENTP won't spring out?
Well, not that I'm not doing the same. I've never understood all those gender-specific limitations.
Don't do this, it's not manly or feminine.. Like I'm going to limit life because some society decided it's not appropriate xD.

I do feel girls have A LOT MORE of those ridiculous rules then men. We kinda get away with everything unless it shows weakness.
And if it shows that we still get away with it as long as we are "the strongest" because then you make the rules.
You get the point, can go a lot deeper inside this but.. Gotta get up :').

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Every ENTP female I have ever met has taken their appearance quite seriously.
I wonder how many ENTP women hate being put into an MBTI box, or if that's really an ENFP thing.
Haven't met a seriously fit ENTP female yet- but that's probably because of "fuck it" attitude.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Are there examples of ''famous'' ENTP girls ? I recently discovered Simone Giertz's youtube channel, I love her pointless robots and her attitude, she seems very ENTPish to me but I'm not sure (I know ENTP guys but I have no female element of comparison). I mean, she even made fun of her own brain tumor, #tumorhumor, dammit she made me laugh at something that bad (fortunately her surgery went well).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Every ENTP female I have ever met has taken their appearance quite seriously.
I wonder how many ENTP women hate being put into an MBTI box, or if that's really an ENFP thing.
Haven't met a seriously fit ENTP female yet- but that's probably because of "fuck it" attitude.
Don't you think the "fuck it" attitude drops on certain things when you get older, and rises on others?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Don't you think the "fuck it" attitude drops on certain things when you get older, and rises on others?
I think as we get older we get less confrontational and more collaborative. But I don't think the "eh fuck it" attitude ever goes away. We might know better than to start and quit halfway through ;) But It's still there I am sure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are there examples of ''famous'' ENTP girls ?
What are your thoughts on Grace Randolph, who runs the "Beyond The Trailer" channel on Youtube?

Seems clearly ENTP to me (and I enjoy her a lot). She has this refreshingly upbeat style of bluntness, without being crude in any way. What do you think?

·
Registered
562 Posts
What are your thoughts on Grace Randolph, who runs the "Beyond The Trailer" channel on Youtube?

Seems clearly ENTP to me (and I enjoy her a lot). She has this refreshingly upbeat style of bluntness, without being crude in any way. What do you think?
I didn't know this channel, I really can't tell for now. Her bluntness seems rather "Te" to me but again I'm not familiar enough with her videos. Anyway it's nice to see female youtubers who don't review makeup/clothes having a large audience

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think as we get older we get less confrontational and more collaborative. But I don't think the "eh fuck it" attitude ever goes away. We might know better than to start and quit halfway through ;) But It's still there I am sure.
Exactly, I'd even dare to say that when we get older, we are therefor wiser and are more capable to decide on which things we say "fuck it". And a lot of things which where "big issues" before become "fuck it" now. We just have better prioritization so we can say "fuck it" more accurately across our life. And we invest more in the things we know that are valuable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Her bluntness seems rather "Te" to me but again I'm not familiar enough with her videos.
To me her bluntness comes off as *playful* in nature, in the ENTP way. I think "Te" style bluntness is more confrontative, as in trying to convince (and control) people. She speaks her mind, but the vibe I get is that she does so in a "naive" way i.e. only to air her thoughts frankly and not because she has a deep need to convince the audience. Well, that is my take on it. If I am reading her wrongly then please comment.

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,602 Posts
Are there examples of ''famous'' ENTP girls ? I recently discovered Simone Giertz's youtube channel, I love her pointless robots and her attitude, she seems very ENTPish to me but I'm not sure (I know ENTP guys but I have no female element of comparison). I mean, she even made fun of her own brain tumor, #tumorhumor, dammit she made me laugh at something that bad (fortunately her surgery went well).

I love her.

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,602 Posts
Also...
...I'm the entp female giving us the slobby appearance rep. It's just that I find it hilarious to go to super fancy, overly priced, black tie dinners in France wearing a sweater with out of porportion cartoon animals. (Okay, that was only one time, but still.) I think people just thought it was art or a statement.

When really I found the ugliest thrift store sweater in the world and decided to wear it in public.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Questions:

- Do ENTP girls/women do tattoos? I.e. when you see a girl/woman with tatoos, then how likely or unlikely is it that she is ENTP?

- How about dancing? Do ENTP women gravitate to places where dancing is done? I do not necessarily mean the kind where there are 200 couples massing together for squaredancing (which seems rather S), and also not the disco/nightclub kind (which also seems rather S); but more the small-scale social dancing kind, or also the hobby period dancing kind (as in e.g. Renaissance dance).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Also...
...I'm the entp female giving us the slobby appearance rep. It's just that I find it hilarious to go to super fancy, overly priced, black tie dinners in France wearing a sweater with out of porportion cartoon animals. (Okay, that was only one time, but still.) I think people just thought it was art or a statement.

When really I found the ugliest thrift store sweater in the world and decided to wear it in public.
Ahahahahaha, I used to love doing these things! Like you pick a random thing of book "the rules of society" and you just COMPLETELY do the opposite and act like it's the most normal thing in the world. My best memories are from doing things like that!

I guess it's the looks of people who just aren't able to place what they are seeïng in their current worldview.
Sometimes their brains almost explodes trying to find the logical link between it.
And that, that is what an evil plan of an ENTP looks like. Litterally..

We make up full world domination plans and then we go sit in a fancy restaurant in the middle of Paris with a giant panda sweater to trip the waiters out. Be aware world, be aware! Muahahah

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All the regular ENTP recipes, creative/innovative charismatic and sporadic flair, yada yada, but I reckon they would come to terms with Fe growth a bit sooner. Not to generalise but they have a stronger grip with empathy than male counterparts, and are a bit more sensitive with their trolling habits - but I appreciate that they are all different patterns of a perfect snowflake.

I think ENTP women wrestle with conformity a lot more than men, given the social context, which makes them firm in challenging these notions. Given the right environment where they can exercise some authority, they sound opinionated and blunt. In a power controlling environment, they are all the more cynical in their heads and persevering/plotting a way past the enforcements in some way.
I agree, when I was younger, I used to be one of those "facts over feelings" internet provocateur trolls that targetted the extreme sjws. I still don't agree with a lot of things that they generally agree on and believe feelings are still less important, however, as I've matured, I've realised that the vast majority of humanoids think in terms of how they feel instead of how things are/how they could be so I've been actively trying to see where people are coming from with their views, effectively gaining some empathy skills, though that still doesn't stop me from using my new skills to find out where the idiocy started and nip it in the bud. Some of it is just curiosity. My parents also gave me quite a bit of shit when I was younger for not caring how my words affected other people, I fought back for a while getting frustrated at how they didn't understand me, my stubbornness delayed it for a while but if people are poking you from every side, you eventually have to just give in to some extent. I have gotten better at holding my tongue when it's not worth it but I do sometimes still give in to the urge to comment on stuff if someone is saying something unjust or being a raging hypocrite, I think the main difference is now, I feel like shit afterwards for being so impulsive and feel a tad guilty if I was a bit on the nasty side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think with the graphic tees thing, with me it tends to be more political prints to do with human rights and stuff designed by activists and artists as I lived in a country with crazy censorship laws and I like to wear stuff like that when I'm feeling particularly edgy. I have a great deal of band shirts but you can really dress them up if you pair them with boots, tuck them into a skirt and place a good quality fedora on your head so there's no trace of early 2000's cringe. I would much sooner die than wear girl-power esque cringe level printed T-shirts. I will change the post though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts