Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy!:smilewoot:

I tested INTP. ( I feel like I'm a bit of INFP, but I tested a couple dozen of times, once a month, since last year when I discovered the 16 personalities, and it all came up the same, so I'm probably INTP (something in my brain is still not convinced hmm..:dry:))

I'm an engineering graduate and working in a corp like most of millennials (dreadful really) but I am trying to study web development and foreign languages and see if I can try new things (and not work in a corp).

I'm a hard case of introvert but I'm very interested with people's opinions and how they think so I am trying to connect with people through the internet. (tried before 2 years ago and it's a bit hard to be consistent with this stuff but I need to try or else I'll dry (up))

Consultation with psychologist are REALLY fudging expensive here, so I with my all-knowing self diagnosed myself with social anxiety.

I got so much to tell but It's all jumbled in my head and I would need to write a novel if I would like to share them (and I would probably not finish it anyways AND it will not be coherent)

For now, That's all, everyone is awesome and life is great (sometimes)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome nationalencoder “landlubber”

Self diagnosis is generally flawed due to our inability to be objective in the face of the tripartite systems (ego, superego, id = Freud) or (Adult, Parent, child = Berne) If self diagnosis were successful there would be no psychiatrists, psychologist, psychotherapists, counsellors and the DSMV would never have been printed

To be diagnosed with social anxiety disorder, you must also suffer significant distress or impairment that interferes with your ordinary routine in social settings, at work or school, or during other everyday activities..

Introvert, shyness maybe but not social anxiety disorder.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Welcome, nationalencoder. I hope you have a good time here.

Also,

so I'm probably INTP (something in my brain is still not convinced hmm..)
I could have said the same. In fact, I am sure I have said the same a few times. It might just be Ti trying to make too much sense of a theory about psychological types. If you are an INTP, you might have a thing for over-analyzing things. If so, that can explain why you doubt your type, because you will often find subjective loopholes on why you are an INTP.

Anyways, yeah, welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts