Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you all do on a normal day? Do you plot to take over the world, think about what you would do if you were president, or recline on your couches while listening to some of Frederic Chopin's works or do you perform crazy stunts like eating bats?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Get up. Go to school. Discuss with my friends various subjects (How to most efficiently cause a nation's economic crash, best way to get away with murder ect.) Go home, read, sleep. Repeat.

Reactions: Zic

·
Registered
187 Posts
Attend classes, work, surf the internet, partake in current hobby...and talk to my room mate. She's one of those weird, friendly types that actually want to know how your day went. :mellow:
I'm a creature of habit. If I'm not careful, I'd probably end up eating the same exact food every day and getting very upset when something 'unexpected' or 'unplanned' comes up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Plotting to take over the world, obviously.

Nah, I go to school, schmooze my teachers, talk to people I pretend to care about, visit the few people I actually care about (or think about what our interaction would be like or things I should have done on our last interaction), eat lunch (sort of, I actually abhor lunch as a meal and am therefore never really hungry for it), realize that I haven't done one of my homework assignments, not freak out because I know that I'll get an A without it anyway, discuss current issues with a friend, plot to take over the world or what the most creative way of murder might be (it all depends on my mood), walk home while listening to music, nap, homework, internet research on random bizarre topics, sleep. Rinse and repeat.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Mindbomb thinks I am a high functioning Aspergers, now he has really made me question.

Here's my day:

7:30am sharp wake up.
Shower exactly 5 minutes
Coffee (has to be made the same way every morning)
Clothes already laid neatly out for what I will wear for work.
Keys, wallet, bag, mobile located.
Makeup + hair
Check emails/forum updates
Out the door by 7:55am.

Morning routine is prioritized to make me as least stressed as possible.

Work till 4pm.

Dinner at 5:30pm

6pm onwards - comatose in front of the lap top and will go to the gym when energy is plentiful.

If I deviate from this routine by more than 5 minutes I freak. Living with an INFP keeps me in a constant state of instability.

I am not sure if this is a learned behavior or not as my father is exactly the same as me.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I will confess that I had doubted hemoglogin's credentials as an INTJ. However, her dependence on a precise schedule of elaborate relaxation rituals, work, and self-improvement strategies seems to be familiar to all INTJs. Sorry I doubted you.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Recently: school,sleep, laptop. Need I say more? Any deviation consists of about an hour of pure socializing, reflection, music, food, reading, texting, watching political shows, or procrastination.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wake up, fall back asleep again, repeat several times. Finally get up and research/work on current interests (programing projects at the moment). Find new music based on genre and read all available reviews on said music.

If currently attending school, insert that before research/working on current interests.

All the while listening to music reading forums and usually watching a series.

·
Registered
147 Posts
On a day like this, I would wake up from 8-8:30, depending on how many times I hit the snooze button. School until noon-ish. Lunch. Gym/chill/homework until 5, which is when I have to go to work. Off of work anywhere from 9-11. Then chill/videogames/ gym/homework/eat until 1-ish, then sleep.

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
Recently my day has started at about noon. I have breakfast, and usually skip lunch entirely. I'm on my laptop until 3 looking for jobs and answering emails. Then I start making dinner for everyone at about 3:45. After eating dinner I usually watch tv and play around on the laptop until 6, when I exercise and shower. From 10am until 7am I'm in a constant state of trying to get to sleep, or giving up and getting back on the computer. I miss having a normal sleep schedule.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I will confess that I had doubted hemoglogin's credentials as an INTJ. However, her dependence on a precise schedule of elaborate relaxation rituals, work, and self-improvement strategies seems to be familiar to all INTJs. Sorry I doubted you.
No apologies necessary. I am curious as to what you thought I was though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm really envious of those who can let themselves have a schedule. I'm a short worker, with start times anywhere from 0230 to 1900. (I had one shift start at 2200 once, and there are 0001 shifts that are being figured out) Also, there's the possibility for overtime, and as I'm the primary breadwinner I have to do that too.

I recall my previous job, which allowed for a routine to develop. It was comforting, and I'd worked it in such a way that I didn't hav to deal with people if I didn't want to. However, this job paid better, I was over-qualified for it (just less so than the previous one) and had a partner who wanted to live with me. I'm not sure I could ever go to a 0900-1700 position, but I would really love a job that had some semblance of stability.

The decent in pay is to compensate for the shift work and lack of penalty rates we get.

·
Registered
277 Posts
School, homework, moster movie, and discuss things with my friend. We talked about the big bang theory the other day (not the show) and the idea that an atom exploded resulting in the cosmos... and wondering how an atom could exist in the first place if before there was absolute nothingness.

·
Registered
347 Posts
No alarm clock in use now for years....got kids who do that for me.

Up between 6:30 and 7, but awake prior to that sometimes. Out the door, after the kids leave for school, between 8:30 and 9, but know which train I am going to catch. 1 hr 20 min later in my university office. Hit air conditioner, unlock desk, plug in laptop, turn on extra monitor, turn on wireless mouse, grab hot pot and head to the kitchen for hot water. Return, log in, make coffee, and over the next hour read the New York Times, Washington Post, Forum updates, and a few other news site of it's a slow news day. On the days I teach, of course, teach. During the term I assign days for class prep. Basically always home around 6 p.m. Eat, talk to the kids, shower with the kids, put on pajamas, and put my son to bed by 8p.m. and then my daughter will find me around 9:15 pm for story time. Then more Forum updates, watch a TV show online, and let exhaustion take over my insomnia when it does. Repeat.

Reactions: Snowguard

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
my father is exactly the same as me.
cool I always wanted to meet someone who was his/her own descendant

on topic: I get up at 10, I get on the pc check email, forums, eat at 12, start work at 14, end work at 16, play pc games till 18, go out, 21 come back - eat, 1 am go to sleep

I work really hard

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wake up at some odd hour. I have no schedule, no set routine. Throughout the day I check my favorite websites, listen to music, and do chores. My chores vary alot. Today I'm scanning old papers, from notes on set theory to clippings from fashion magazines. Sometime during the day I'll take my shower and eat. Some days I devote to my hobbies, and some days I'll go out for awhile, like to have coffee or go to the park or whatever.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hm, funny. I'm partially a creature of habits, and partially not. I will wake up 2 minutes before the alarm clock goes (usually), shower, get the same type of clothes, get exachtly 8 slices of bread, leave, take the same tram (even though I have 2 different ones I could take), go to work. I will plan how much food I have, when I need to cook, when I need to wash, clean, everything. However, I sometimes do break the mold, if I feel like it - which isn't often.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts