Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a reason that no mbti resource recommends the infj enfj pairing. We are way too much into each others heads...

Anyone ever done this and had it work out? This guy really, really likes me. We've never even been on a real date, and already I think it's too intense.

...yeah, I know it's been discussed before on PerC. I read those threads. I wanna talk about it again.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
male ENFJs seem to really like me too - even though they are rare, I have known 2 so far, and I like them back but they are both taken :p

I believe they like me because of our common Fe. Even though mine is only auxiliary, I find that types that have Fe primary or auxiliary just take to me. Possibly because this is common ground on which we can relate to each other. ENFJ/INxP pairing is case of opposites attract, whereas ENFJ/xNFJ attraction happens when people note that they have a lot in common, they think "hey, I might have just found somebody who really understands me!" aka a soul mate. Yet there is also enough difference there that complements our weaker points - ENFJs are more outgoing and can have better people skills which complements INFJ's introverted nature very well, while INFJs can be more committed to their inner vision and thus appear to be a strong and independent person to the ENFJ.

Another factor could be that because we seem to have a lot in common and there is quite a bit of mutual understanding, that I don't clamp up with them but feel comfortable behaving like myself. I just feel more relaxed in their presence so it is easier for them to get to know me, whereas with some other personality types I'll put up the kind of walls they never manage to get around so of course there is more chance of a relationship happening with an ENFJ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts