Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After pondering the subject of religion for years, I have stumbled upon the closest information to the truth that I can conceive.

Now here is my theory after my research which I will also share:
We are simply spiritual beings that are born into the physical form whether from past lives or a new one. Our spirit beings are initiated of the Universe's immaculate energy (hence the religious belief of being made in the image of God.) We are able to tap into various planes and existences via the physical pineal gland(the third eye.) The pineal gland has exact characteristics of the human eye including the refraction of light...ie...inner light.

Now my reasoning for this theory is based on substantial research in the area of theology and religion. Every religion known to man is based on astrology, yes, including Judeo-Christianity. The religions predating the story of Jesus Christ tell the same story about the birth of the sun/son with the same basic principles.
Here they are:
1. Virgin birth (virgo the virgin)
2. December 25th (sun begins ascending higher into the sky)
3. 12 disciples/followers (12 signs of the zodiac)
4. Crucifixion (sun is at its lowest point)
5. Dies for 3 days (sun stays at its lowest point for 3 days)
6. Resurrected after the third day(sun ascends again)

Every religion known to man follows this line of reasoning based on astrological concepts. Hence every religion is along the lines of myth. These religions have personified the sun, moon, stars and constellations and depended on them for guidance for thousands of years. There are several astrological concepts throughout the bible and most of the Bible stories were built from the collective of several ancient religious beliefs.

I think from the beginning we all just needed something to believe in the stars, sun, moon, planets, and the sky seem to be the only thing that gave people something to believe in because there seemed to be this immaculate plan in the area of the orbit of the earth.

Every 2150 years the earth enters a zodiac sign, currently we are in the Piscean age. The next age is the Age of Aquarius, estimated to shift to this age December of 2012 (hence all the end of the world theories.) The end of the world in the book of Revelation is actually indicating the end of an age not the end of the world. Jesus Christ is the personification of the sun who brought in the Piscean age(hence feeding the masses with two fish.) It all makes so much more sense to me now....

Please understand that I am not discrediting any religion however using religious beliefs as well as ancient history to come to this conclusion....would love to hear your thoughts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Most religions share similar stories/viewpoints because most new religions trump past religions by taking their ideas and integrating it into the new religion. For example, the snake--which was glorified in paganism--is now demonized in Christianity in the story of Adam and Eve. Many, if not all, of the Christian holidays are based completely around pagan traditions.

Christmas is one of these holidays. It was originally meant to celebrate the coming Winter Solstice (I think it was called Saturnalia, but I'm too lazy to double-check whether or not I'm confusing it with another Pagan holiday.), but now glorifies the coming of Jesus Christ. Ironically, one of the many traditions adopted from Saturnalia directly contradicts a Bible verse:

"This is what the LORD says:
"Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.

3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.

4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter." (Jeremiah 10:2-4)

Religion plays out more like a family tree than anything else. It's very possible that the basic tenets found in nearly every religion on Earth is because of a common "origin" religion.

Also, your idea is presented in "Zeitgeist", which I absolutely hate that "documentary".

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
After pondering the subject of religion for years, I have stumbled upon the closest information to the truth that I can conceive.

Now here is my theory after my research which I will also share:
We are simply spiritual beings that are born into the physical form whether from past lives or a new one. Our spirit beings are initiated of the Universe's immaculate energy (hence the religious belief of being made in the image of God.) We are able to tap into various planes and existences via the physical pineal gland(the third eye.) The pineal gland has exact characteristics of the human eye including the refraction of light...ie...inner light.

Now my reasoning for this theory is based on substantial research in the area of theology and religion. Every religion known to man is based on astrology, yes, including Judeo-Christianity. The religions predating the story of Jesus Christ tell the same story about the birth of the sun/son with the same basic principles.
Here they are:
1. Virgin birth (virgo the virgin)
2. December 25th (sun begins ascending higher into the sky)
3. 12 disciples/followers (12 signs of the zodiac)
4. Crucifixion (sun is at its lowest point)
5. Dies for 3 days (sun stays at its lowest point for 3 days)
6. Resurrected after the third day(sun ascends again)

Every religion known to man follows this line of reasoning based on astrological concepts. Hence every religion is along the lines of myth. These religions have personified the sun, moon, stars and constellations and depended on them for guidance for thousands of years. There are several astrological concepts throughout the bible and most of the Bible stories were built from the collective of several ancient religious beliefs.

I think from the beginning we all just needed something to believe in the stars, sun, moon, planets, and the sky seem to be the only thing that gave people something to believe in because there seemed to be this immaculate plan in the area of the orbit of the earth.

Every 2150 years the earth enters a zodiac sign, currently we are in the Piscean age. The next age is the Age of Aquarius, estimated to shift to this age December of 2012 (hence all the end of the world theories.) The end of the world in the book of Revelation is actually indicating the end of an age not the end of the world. Jesus Christ is the personification of the sun who brought in the Piscean age(hence feeding the masses with two fish.) It all makes so much more sense to me now....

Please understand that I am not discrediting any religion however using religious beliefs as well as ancient history to come to this conclusion....would love to hear your thoughts
For the record, I'm not seeing the astrological connection in the Buddhist and Jain traditions. Both arose alongside the Indian Vedic traditions that would lead to the Hindu religion, and, yeah, there are some astrological connections there, but Buddhism and Jainism didn't seem to pick them up. Likewise, I have no reason to believe that the Japanese Shinto tradition was all that interested in the stars.

That aside, you should look into reading about Gnostic, Kabbalah, Sufi and Nahuatl astrology. That's where it gets really neat.

Also, your idea is presented in "Zeitgeist", which I absolutely hate that "documentary".
Agreed. Paranoid bollocks from people who never took the time to research macroeconomic theory.

·
Banned
891 Posts
We are simply spiritual beings that are born into the physical form whether from past lives or a new one. Our spirit beings are initiated of the Universe's immaculate energy (hence the religious belief of being made in the image of God.) We are able to tap into various planes and existences via the physical pineal gland(the third eye.) The pineal gland has exact characteristics of the human eye including the refraction of light...ie...inner light.that's an interesting theory. i read hawkins book recently and he talked about how they found that a particle has a particle like nature and a wave like nature. since we are made up of particles it would imply that we also have a wavelike nature or light nature if you will. maybe we do exist in another realm as light beings?

it's been found that people who practice religion are happier and live longer. maybe it doesn't matter which religion you subscribe to as long as you get your spiritual groove on from time to time. if something helps you in your survival then does that imply there is some truth to it? maybe.

i'd lean towards a buddhist view on things but i question alot of it also. one thing i do know though for 100% sure. i am alot happier when i let my ego be quiet and just live in the moment. it takes practice though.

i have a theory that god if it does exist is all the personality types rolled into one. we are all just facets of one thing. i think it's possible that it is a universal drama that gets played out over and over again, that it doesn't just apply to us humans here on earth but that's just something i'm toying with so don't hold me to it!

Reactions: unltpossibilities

·
Registered
683 Posts
Religions are a bunch of nonsense and moral stories from our ancestors full of tall tales and logical fallacies. They are folk lore that got picked up by the church in order to govern people.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is an astrological connection with Buddhism as well; however that is neither here nor there.

My problem with religion for so many years was the wrath of God, I questioned the fact that if God loved us why would he punish us for instinctual habits in the physical. I dont condone bad behavior but it takes practice to be good and righteous. Also the Bible says its wrong to practice pagan religions however Constantine took the stories of all the pagan religions to write the Christian Bible. so I didnt understand this concept either.

Faith is definitely a good trait to have no matter what religion is being practiced, each religion does provide what it's followers need which is spiritual guidance, I just wondered what the true religion was and have found that there is not just one. Religious stories are based on visions and dreams which we as spirit beings are all able to experience.

I also believe that some religions have been used to instill fear in people's spirit which is not Holy it is an abomination. We as spirit beings have to know that we are love just like God. Those who wish to control us have used fear for many years and religion was not excluded from that.

The message is to be unconditional love and to be light. To make a difference in someone else's life to love everything around you and find the beauty in it. No matter what religion, there is a way to connect with the higher power.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Religions are a bunch of nonsense and moral stories from our ancestors full of tall tales and logical fallacies. They are folk lore that got picked up by the church in order to govern people.
I have found this to be very true

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I certainly haven't put the amount of study into religion that all of you have, but I have a thought... I think Judaism and the Christianity that sprang from it were tools originally created as a way to control large groups of people. In christianity and judaism, you are taught to obey your father and mother, never to question anything your god has said to you, to be obedient to your masters, to live meagerly and work hard, and if you do this, you will be rewarded eternally after you die. sounds pretty sweet doesn't it? If you didn't have that promise of everlasting joy after you died in exchange for all that service (or eternal damnation if you didn't) what would keep you and everyone else inline? why listen to the asshole slave drivers that were the rulers of the land back then? And real science hadn't come around yet to prove it all wrong, so creation stories sounded plausible and probably true.

I think it was just a way for the leaders of the time to get their people to willingly build their empires and ask for a minimum in return.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Faith is definitely a good trait to have no matter what religion is being practiced
You claim not only the existence of morality, but that you understand it well enough to make statements as brash as this!

The impudence of someone to claim that people "need" spiritual guidance...

Do you have the ability to verify ANYTHING you've claimed, unltpossibilities?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You claim not only the existence of morality, but that you understand it well enough to make statements as brash as this!

I have the ability to verify what I feel in my heart which has led to this research. If I said that people need spiritual guidance I was referring to in the context of religion because some people feel that they need something outside themselves to believe in...not referring to everyone because obviously there are people who dont believe in anything.

·
Banned
891 Posts

the existence of morality? are you saying you think morality is a fallacy?

Reactions: unltpossibilities

·
Registered
401 Posts
I wish all that work and theory you applied in your research wasn't based off of things that may or may not have happened. It's like building a fortress on a pile of grape jelly. Delicious as it may be to sample, it won't hold. Not in any real way that matters.

The problem with all these theories is that they are based on stories and the capacity in people to believe these stories. If I said we were created by mushrooms and everyone here agreed with me to the point of having the massive discussion as to "why" these mushrooms created us, or for what purpose. To the degree that we could even surround logic into it, and look within ourselves for our mushroom origin just to discover perhaps we were not from a mushroom but some other form of fungus, and invest all our energy and time to ponder the meaning of what that might mean to us as a species.

In the end after all of this, it doesn't really justify the fact that all the thinking, pondering and analysis of these theories stemmed from an idea that is so unquantifiable that it's shocking that anyone with even the smallest level of intelligence could accept it.

Growing up in a world where lies come as easy as the droplets of rain could soak the earth. Learning with such maturity and wisdom the capacity of trust and the energy it takes to tell falsehood from reality, that we could so easily not only base our lives around immeasurable things but as to give moral weight to it and apply it not just in our belief system, but our laws, our academic pursuits and even to justify how we view things like love, friendship and humanity itself.

It's tiring. How are you not tired of these things? I cried when I was young and was told things like Santa didn't exist. I did. It brought me to tears because I wanted to believe that my actions, my being a good son meant something to someone. That EVERY minutia of what I did even when my mother and father were not around was actually being seen by someone who represents nothing but happiness and joy and that when the time came, I would be REWARDED for all my goodness and all the joy that I myself could bring to others.

If I could find peace within myself as a child, I too would be happy come that fateful day. So I cried, because I learned that he was not up there. There was no man in the north who knew who I was by name and read my letters when I sent them to him. It made me terribly sad. Then I learned that it was never about being good for him, or that I had to be a good boy because he existed.

I learned that rewards came to me whether he existed or not, by the virtue of me being a good person, period. That I didn't have to wait for a day to celebrate the joy of giving and the joy of being a part of my family. I didn't have to surround my moral fiber around the concept of finally attaining a level of joy for my efforts. I didn't need a lie, to justify being who I am and living my life for what it means not just to me but those I love.

I cried, and it sucked, but I grew up. I am better for the things I've learned from it, but I learned that the truth comes not from story telling or the endless efforts to convince me that what I am is only justifiable within the concept of submission toward an ideal. It is my life that brings me joy~ and those I share it with. I wish people weren't afraid to shed a tear at the loss of a fantasy they hold so dear to them as to not want it to ever leave them. That comfort you feel, is a part of you. It's always going to be with you. Eventually the tears stop, and you become wiser.

We didn't come from mushrooms. I don't know where we came from. That reality, excites me. It should excite us all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish all that work and theory you applied in your research wasn't based off of things that may or may not have happened
I agree with your entire statement and the work didnt bother me because I have the urge to know everything so that I can build my own truths. This doesnt mean that the work that I put into it wasnt worth it it just verifies that my intuition about the subject of religion were not wrong.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I wish all that work and theory you applied in your research wasn't based off of things that may or may not have happened. It's like building a fortress on a pile of grape jelly. Delicious as it may be to sample, it won't hold. Not in any real way that matters.

The problem with all these theories is that they are based on stories and the capacity in people to believe these stories. If I said we were created by mushrooms and everyone here agreed with me to the point of having the massive discussion as to "why" these mushrooms created us, or for what purpose. To the degree that we could even surround logic into it, and look within ourselves for our mushroom origin just to discover perhaps we were not from a mushroom but some other form of fungus, and invest all our energy and time to ponder the meaning of what that might mean to us as a species.

In the end after all of this, it doesn't really justify the fact that all the thinking, pondering and analysis of these theories stemmed from an idea that is so unquantifiable that it's shocking that anyone with even the smallest level of intelligence could accept it.

Growing up in a world where lies come as easy as the droplets of rain could soak the earth. Learning with such maturity and wisdom the capacity of trust and the energy it takes to tell falsehood from reality, that we could so easily not only base our lives around immeasurable things but as to give moral weight to it and apply it not just in our belief system, but our laws, our academic pursuits and even to justify how we view things like love, friendship and humanity itself.

It's tiring. How are you not tired of these things? I cried when I was young and was told things like Santa didn't exist. I did. It brought me to tears because I wanted to believe that my actions, my being a good son meant something to someone. That EVERY minutia of what I did even when my mother and father were not around was actually being seen by someone who represents nothing but happiness and joy and that when the time came, I would be REWARDED for all my goodness and all the joy that I myself could bring to others.

If I could find peace within myself as a child, I too would be happy come that fateful day. So I cried, because I learned that he was not up there. There was no man in the north who knew who I was by name and read my letters when I sent them to him. It made me terribly sad. Then I learned that it was never about being good for him, or that I had to be a good boy because he existed.

I learned that rewards came to me whether he existed or not, by the virtue of me being a good person, period. That I didn't have to wait for a day to celebrate the joy of giving and the joy of being a part of my family. I didn't have to surround my moral fiber around the concept of finally attaining a level of joy for my efforts. I didn't need a lie, to justify being who I am and living my life for what it means not just to me but those I love.

I cried, and it sucked, but I grew up. I am better for the things I've learned from it, but I learned that the truth comes not from story telling or the endless efforts to convince me that what I am is only justifiable within the concept of submission toward an ideal. It is my life that brings me joy~ and those I share it with. I wish people weren't afraid to shed a tear at the loss of a fantasy they hold so dear to them as to not want it to ever leave them. That comfort you feel, is a part of you. It's always going to be with you. Eventually the tears stop, and you become wiser.

We didn't come from mushrooms. I don't know where we came from. That reality, excites me. It should excite us all.
I just wanted to really let you know how much I loved this post. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
the existence of morality? are you saying you think morality is a fallacy?
I'm saying I'm equally as agnostic towards morality as I am towards the tooth fairy, the Egyptian Gods, the human soul, and the Christian God.

So, yes, it is silly to believe in morality.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm saying I'm equally as agnostic towards morality as I am towards the tooth fairy, the Egyptian Gods, the human soul, and the Christian God.

So, yes, it is silly to believe in morality.
What's so hard to believe about morality? It's an idea. It exists. People all over the world have been talking about it for millennia. What I think you mean is that you don't find it worthwhile or relevant in your life/modern western society/whatever. If so, it'd be nice if you elaborated on that. Or maybe you just don't believe that anyone has ever put it into practice---actually been "moral". Or maybe you just don't believe that anyone these days is truly being "moral". I mean, that all begs the question: what sort of standard of morality are we talking about? The Judeo-Christian one? I'm just saying because the base definition of morality is pretty broad and encompassing, and only really boils down to social cohesion. To assert that the concept doesn't exist is to deny 6 billion different perspectives on the matter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What's so hard to believe about morality? It's an idea. It exists. People all over the world have been talking about it for millennia. What I think you mean is that you don't find it worthwhile or relevant in your life/modern western society/whatever. If so, it'd be nice if you elaborated on that. Or maybe you just don't believe that anyone has ever put it into practice---actually been "moral". Or maybe you just don't believe that anyone these days is truly being "moral". I mean, that all begs the question: what sort of standard of morality are we talking about? The Judeo-Christian one? I'm just saying because the base definition of morality is pretty broad and encompassing, and only really boils down to social cohesion. To assert that the concept doesn't exist is to deny 6 billion different perspectives on the matter.
What standard of morality are we talking about? Any of them. It doesn't matter. They're all silly.

The logical fallacies you're committing:
Appeal to belief: Fallacy: Appeal to Belief
Appeal to popularity: Fallacy: Appeal to Popularity
Appeal to tradition: Fallacy: Appeal to Tradition

1 - 20 of 41 Posts