Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello INFP world, I am Daey. I am here to introduce myself because, Yes I am sadly an INFP.
I'm not truly comfortable with that thought yet because I like for people to think of me as competent.
However I know that I cannot constantly live in that fear. I am know that I am not only hindering myself and my growth as a person; but I am hindering my entire inner world. So, I figured starting from basic steps, like this, would help me both accept and discover myself better, on with the introduction now. I am 14 years of age,& I am from Houston, Texas. I do not go to ''regular school'' because of the excessive issues I was going through when dealing with adults & children, meaning I am homeschooled. I had been homeschooled even since I was in the 3rd grade after being pulled out for excessive bullying. As I was homeschooled I went through a deep depression because not only did I not have any friends and felt others didn't like me, My brother was in the hospital around that time. I basically didn't have a chance to have a childhood. I had to figure out differents ways into entertain myself so I'd walk around the hospital finding ''playing areas'' to play with other children, some sick, however ironically most weren't. When I had issues my parents we're to busy dealing with my then possibly near death brother. I had no one to talk to about ''kiddy'' things so I found some sort of security in music. At that time I constantly listened to music for Adam Lambert. Adam was so helpful around that time, his music changed my point of view & made me realize that in that time of constant sadness I could he happy all by myself. Around that time frame I began having dark thoughts i.e murder and suicide. I didn't have anyone to talk to about it until I found an older woman named Anna. She was my best friend. I use to tell her any and everything that came to mine. Needless to say a few years later she turned on me, causing me to feel deeply insecure. I am now away from her and living a better life. I still don't have any friends and i'm starting high school this year. I'm thinking about going to regular ''public school'' again. Last time I went back to school I left with a bruised tailbone and a headache. I'm back to being homeschooled and I've basically gotten to evolve into the person I want to be. The only thing is I want to start having confidence in my personality, For god knows when PEOPLE have always told me that my personality is not the best. Its not an easy personality so the automatically detest what they don't understand. i am super blunt & super frank and I am able to stand up for myself when I feel as though somebody is trying to abuse what I stand for. I am a lover of free-spirited people and free-spiritedness and anything that has to do with creativity. Lately i've been into old-vintage items. I often feel as though my life is going in reverse or I'm going crazy and I cannot control myself.

I think thats basically an a suitable introduction for myself all around, Now lets hop to interest.
I would identify my style as grunge bohemian.
My most favorite personalities are ENFP's. I would say If I ever wanted to be married, My husband would have to be an vintage hippified ENFP or INFP from California, lol

I love to write, I have probably the worst handwriting in the universe; however that never stops me.
When I get older I have dreams of working in the entertainment world because ultimately thats what I want to do. If they fails I want to become a mortician because I have a passion for the dark sided things in life, except for anything using bad energy and demons. I love food and can eat all damn day!
I love music and I usually waste most of my leisure in my room listening to the same songs in different orders.
I don't like television and recently i've been catching myself turning off the TV a bit more and just spending time listening to my CD's and writing to others via social media.

I think thats basically all I want to add, INFP's where are you? Comment please :)

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,214 Posts
Greetings!

I'm just curious, what exactly made you realize that you were INFP? I know I kind of denied that I was an INFP for the longest time, thinking that I was a shy ENFP (but then I discovered that my function order matched the one for INFPs and paid attention to how I focused my energy in various situations). The thought of being INFP was rather disconcerting for a while, too, but I've really come to accept that this is who I am, and I enjoy being myself... most of the time :tongue:.

I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences with school. At least, I guess I can provide you with a little bit of hope if you do choose to go to a public high school. I came from a charter middle school between counties, and most of my friends lived in the other neighboring counties; therefore they were zoned for other schools. I had one friend and one acquaintance coming with me to my high school, but I didn't have classes with either of them. I didn't seem to be adapting well, but this really nice girl (actually, that INFP I mentioned previously) reached out to me, and we are still really good friends (we're sophomores, almost juniors now). She made me feel like I had a friend, even when I was in extreme doubt, and she made me feel more trusting of others. I guess I'm just trying to say that there will always be good people around you, and as long as you trust your intuition, you will be just fine. I expected people to be cliquish and scornful, but a lot of people were actually really kind.

As far as interests go, you sound a lot like me; I love writing and listening to music (mostly Lindsey Stirling, and my friend got me to like Twenty One Pilots a bit). I don't watch much TV, only Parks and Rec. I love video games, though, and I become obsessed with the characters and their personal journeys (namely Blaze the Cat from Sonic :kitteh:, which is where my name stems from. I didn't realize how suggestive it could be perceived as until it was too late :frustrating:). I like people of almost all personalities (haven't gotten close enough to identify any INTPs, though, but I really want to because they are so fascinating), but I've found that I get along best with other INFPs, INFJs, INTJs, and ENFPs (they're so fun and sweet).

So, yeah. Welcome to planet INFP! :crazy:

P.S. INFPs can be competent at anything they apply themselves to. You just have to learn to embrace the INFP-ness. :wink:

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I was chatting with a few nice people here & I asked them to type me. They all said I was INFP & didn't think I was an INTP. Well come to find out for the longest time I was typed as an INFP; however never wanted to be identified as that because of how I was raised. My parents believed anything close to an INFP was straight up incompetents. I never wanted to be like that, so I'd always try to pretend I am logical. Even though I was pretending ok I knew deep down inside I was a natural feeler. Well try being a natural feeler who is disgusted by emotions. The long story short I was trying to mold myself into something I wasn't in order not to be ridiculed & If you ask me that was such an INFP thing to do. I am a natural dreamer. i also had been. My childhood was based off my dreams. i have tons of them. I wish I weren't that way but to be honest, being so elusive and imaginative is such a big part of my personality that if those characteristics left I wouldn't be the same.

i really like to listen to Nirvana & Hole mostly as of lately. I like all kinds of music though. I truly listen to everything.

I get along with straight up ENFP's, ISFP"s or INFP's. I hadn't been attracted to anything else, lmao. Thats so sad.

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,214 Posts
Aww, that's quite unfortunate :sad:. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that there is no one true way to measure competence. I actually went through a whole unit on professionalism in one of my career-technical classes, and you'd actually be surprised at how many feeler-associated characteristics were highly demanded of professionals (empathy, tact, stuff of that nature). I thought I'd also mention that dreaming, when used in certain ways, can be a highly effective problem-solving tool. Being an INFP is actually a lot more complicated than being (in totally stereotypical terms) just awkward, daydreamy, and emotional.

Well, I hope you discover and learn a lot on your personal journey as an INFP. There's a lot of us here that are really friendly, and I'm sure you'll really come to enjoy it on this sub-forum. I'm here for a chat if you ever want, too.

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never thought of that. Thanks for the interesting feedback! Yeah I'm open to talk to anyone here. Tell me whenever you wanna chat I'll make it happen :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome Daey!!! Hey, there's no shame in being INFP you know. You is what you is.

What is the correct way to pronounce your name??

When I was 14 ish I had an ENFP friend. We weren't close, but boy did she light up the room! I think I laughed more when I was around her than anyone else.

There are lots and lots of INFPs on this forum, in fact we are the most common type.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that there is no one true way to measure competence. I actually went through a whole unit on professionalism in one of my career-technical classes, and you'd actually be surprised at how many feeler-associated characteristics were highly demanded of professionals (empathy, tact, stuff of that nature). I thought I'd also mention that dreaming, when used in certain ways, can be a highly effective problem-solving tool.
True! Just had an ENTJ business teacher tell us that emotional intelligence was really important in a salesperson. This is coming from a man with the emotional intelligence of a rock, and even he can still admit it has its uses! XD

Being an INFP is actually a lot more complicated than being (in totally stereotypical terms) just awkward, daydreamy, and emotional.
Also true. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other dreamy, sensitive children who had adults trying to toughen them up. Like me. My classmates never really took to me either. Good news is, we're one of the types that gets better with age. Well, ideally everyone would get better with age, but I've seen that in INxP's especially, we tend to be ugly ducklings when we're young, but as we get older we start to become more confident in ourselves and in our understanding of the world, and that's when we start turning into swans. Well okay, maybe the awkwardness never quite goes away, but it's easier to turn that into its own kind of charm. :p

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi, Daey! Before I studied cognitive functions, I thought I might be INTP too. (Or INTJ. Or INFJ.) Now, after reading up on Fi, there's really no doubt in my mind that I'm a feeler :D -- Fi and Fe are "rational functions" too.

I think my confusion also stemmed from my family's tendency to equate thinking with introversion, and feeling with extroversion. My mother always told me I was just like my dad. Nope, nope, he was an ISTJ! :laughing:

Welcome to the INFP forum!

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly like me! My mother is an ENTJ. She completely works off of logic, sometimes she can be slightly emotional; but that's just when she's angry. She doesn't like crying or seeing people cry. It gets under her skin, she's that type of mother that is like ''Crying? What for?'' I was an overly sensitive child & still basically am. When I had those depression issues, kids go through, She just didn't care all that much. To be honest, no one cared that much anyhow. So I found myself, ''mothering myself'' If that made any sense, i found myself ''disciplining'' myself. Not saying my mother wasn't a mother Its just that she was missing some components in there, like a dash of compassion. Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts