Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought it would be fun to fill one of these out. I'm an ENTP.

I thought it'd be a fun exercise to see what your first impressions are for type, test your spidey senses- and to give an example of how an ENTP would answer. Enjoy.

Sorry for the random asterisks, my phone is trolling me. It's also beingan asshole with autocorrect, messed up random words that were perfectly fine, thank you very much.

-------

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I found out that all mammals, even dolphins, have hair. Next time you hug that slimy dolphin, know that it's got a beard!

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Freedom to think, do shit. Be a Scottish Sheepherd. Or a comedian or shits. I want intellectual fulfillment, stimulation, and fun. I don't want any responsibility.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.*

When I forced my History teacher to collapse under the shear weight of the awesome in my argument against the Christian religion. Him being the leader of Bible club (at a Christian school, folks).

Or win I got revenge on someone for backstabbing me, it was glorious. Selling the rights of the story to Universal Pictures.

OR that time I led my team to victory in a video game, we brutalized everyone, and I got the highest KDR and DPS out of 40 teams of 6. Pretty sweet.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I'm wrong. It's a blow to my intelligence.*

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)*

If it'll work. I normally don't consider things before doing them, I just kind of have a great idea and do shit.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?*

*Uh. I don't like doing projects. I just want to quit doing it. So I rush through to get it over with. Projects are too constricting, I like doing things freely, and a product may randomly form that's kind of cool.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?*

Competition. Winning. Things flowing with each other, working out perfectly. Soccer Game/Video Game tourney. You know, when everything is working perfectly. Fun as hell. Assuming hell contains great minds and strippers

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)*

Theorize. Everything I take in I already understand. In History, for example, I understand every facet of the unit after hearing the teacher list the facts. I could teach the unit back to the class better than the teacher. New information in general, just coalesces and clicks.*

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Externally, I'm seen as very disorganized, although I personally know where everything is. Internally, I don't systematize information, but I'm never at a loss for things. I'm certainly not scatter brained, though I find physical organization tedious.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

It either makes sense or it doesn't. It almost always makes sense unless it's totally ridiculous (Like "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it." I don't understand the point of that statement). Complex concepts in general make sense the first time I hear them, I can't think of a time I've had to work to figure something out. So, no clue how to answer this one.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Myself. Though I don't value harmony. Things in a static state don't promote change. Harmony is static, and therefore pointless.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think outloud, and speak before I think.*

One-on-one, mainly because most groups are ignorant.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?*

I'd rather know, I don't want to do something without knowing. However, I'm still pretty impulsive.*

Anyways, actions can't speak. Unless the action is speech, which renders the saying pointless. Trololol.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I have a DVR, so I'd probably go.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

One of two things.

A. I disconnect and act even less stressed. Try and forget about it until necessary.

B. Become bitchy and tell people to go fuck off until I finish whatever is stressing me out.

Point of note, emotional things don't stress me out, stress is usually from externally imposed deadlines.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?*

Ignorance, close-mindedness, over-emotional, hard-nosed, traditionalists, Rule-thumpers, evangelists, insistence without reason, poopooheads.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Myers-Briggs, Politics, Religion

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Studying, Work-ethic and that shit, rules, the constraints of the damn SJ society!

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?*

Hmmm. Funny, Argumentative, sometimes Assholish, Realistic (BS busting, perhaps is a better term), sometimes whacky, charming (from le ladies). Ummm. Their critique is pretty accurate. They'd never say I'm emotional, moody, a good student. That stuff.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

PerC, a video game or two, play a little soccer, have a good debate, have some no-strings-attached fun. Zat sheet.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try again :p
Never taken a cognitive functions test until now, used the PerC one. Here are my results :
Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ENTP
or Second Possibility: INTP
or Third Possibility: INTJ

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Ne - Ti - Ni - Se - Te - Fi - Fe - Si
Note my bleeding Fi/Te's location in the ordering.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Try again :p
Never taken a cognitive functions test until now, used the PerC one. Here are my results :

Note my bleeding Fi/Te's location in the ordering.
Because tests are 100% accurate. It's true though from what I can read, emotionally hurt and overcompensates.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intriguing insight, I'm curious what would make you think that. I wouldn't consider myself very emotionally affected, nor do I make much effort to compensate in the first place. There were portions of the quetionairre I was attempting to be amusing with, could you pick out what makes you think I'm Fi/Te? I'd be curious if it's those bits.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.*

When I forced my History teacher to collapse under the shear weight of the awesome in my argument against the Christian religion. Him being the leader of Bible club (at a Christian school, folks).

Or win I got revenge on someone for backstabbing me, it was glorious. Selling the rights of the story to Universal Pictures.

OR that time I led my team to victory in a video game, we brutalized everyone, and I got the highest KDR and DPS out of 40 teams of 6. Pretty sweet.
If this is true - why did you do it? If not, why do you act up for attention?

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I'm wrong. It's a blow to my intelligence.*
Why would you take it personal?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)*

If it'll work. I normally don't consider things before doing them, I just kind of have a great idea and do shit.
Stereotypical SP-attitude. Charade however, in 13) you contradict this point.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?*

Competition. Winning. Things flowing with each other, working out perfectly. Soccer Game/Video Game tourney. You know, when everything is working perfectly. Fun as hell. Assuming hell contains great minds and strippers
I'm just waiting for Barney Stinson to come out and say "Legen... Wait for it.... Dary!", an ISFP-character that overcompensates for being emotionally wounded.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Externally, I'm seen as very disorganized, although I personally know where everything is. Internally, I don't systematize information, but I'm never at a loss for things. I'm certainly not scatter brained, though I find physical organization tedious.
So, what makes you a T over F then?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

It either makes sense or it doesn't. It almost always makes sense unless it's totally ridiculous (Like "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it." I don't understand the point of that statement). Complex concepts in general make sense the first time I hear them, I can't think of a time I've had to work to figure something out. So, no clue how to answer this one.
You're not being truthful.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Myself. Though I don't value harmony. Things in a static state don't promote change. Harmony is static, and therefore pointless.
You're overly chaotic because you want to change who you are, I get that - but why are you so emotionally involved in it?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?*

I'd rather know, I don't want to do something without knowing. However, I'm still pretty impulsive.*

Anyways, actions can't speak. Unless the action is speech, which renders the saying pointless. Trololol.
What's that last sentence about?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?*

Ignorance, close-mindedness, over-emotional, hard-nosed, traditionalists, Rule-thumpers, evangelists, insistence without reason, poopooheads.
This strikes me as emotional.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Studying, Work-ethic and that shit, rules, the constraints of the damn SJ society!
Emotional as well.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?*

Hmmm. Funny, Argumentative, sometimes Assholish, Realistic (BS busting, perhaps is a better term), sometimes whacky, charming (from le ladies). Ummm. Their critique is pretty accurate. They'd never say I'm emotional, moody, a good student. That stuff.
Why are you so afraid of the label emotional?

I'm guessing xNFP. Your multiple intelligences signature confirms my suspicion, high on Verbal/Linguistic and Interpersonal and low on Logic/Math. With Kinesthetic that could indicate xSFP, but your visual/spatial is one of the lowest. However both NFP and SFP share Fi/Te so it's probably not far from the truth after all!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The ones that "struck you as emotional" are the ones that were meant to be heard with a joking voice. Nor am I afraid of te title emotional, emotional people simply annoy me, and I'm glad that I am not.

@ #3 It was amusing, and rewarding. I would attribute this more to my Enneagram (my 8 is fairly interchangeable with 7) than anything.

@ #4 I pride myself on my intelligence, if that's a good way to say it. It's disappointing when I'm proven wrong, and drives me not to be proven wrong again.

@ #11 I'm not?

@ #7 I do like that character.

If anything, I'm conflicted over xNTP .

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fi would imply I would be an ENFP, correct? I looked at their forums, and can't say I really relate to all that much of the topics. Some of them made me laugh, though. I relate alot more to the ENTP and INTP forums, and relate very little to all the rest. Especially the Artesian/Executive temperament forums. I take that as a fairly good indicator of my functions comparatively. I may re-do the questionnaire more seriously at a later date.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Fi would imply I would be an ENFP, correct? I looked at their forums, and can't say I really relate to all that much of the topics. Some of them made me laugh, though. I relate alot more to the ENTP and INTP forums, and relate very little to all the rest. Especially the Artesian/Executive temperament forums. I take that as a fairly good indicator of my functions comparatively. I may re-do the questionnaire more seriously at a later date.
You probably should; I saw very little Ti, but quite a bit of Fi. If you are an ENFP, being a 7w8 on top of that would explain why you don't think you have too much in common with them; most are 7w6, which makes them seem less grounded and more emotional than a w8. ENFP 7w8s are more "T" like in their demeanour.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you identify the difference internally of a 7w8 ENFP and ENTP? I know I don't relate to ENFPs, but if that's due to my enneagram- is there any discernible difference? What is that difference?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just one thing to note—MBTI and Enneagram are both valid systems, but don't make the mistake of thinking one impacts the other. They are separate descriptors, so they shouldn't actually conflict with one another.

Also I'd just like to add that when I first read your post my initial guess was ESTJ and not ENFP, but both make sense in my mind (same 4 functions).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts