Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that I tried asking my question on yahoo answers, but haven't really been able to get any responses, I just need some advice. I won't take up too much of your time. Basically I went to visit my brother in Europe, and noticed he had a few kittens. I tried to find them a home, but only kind of cold-sounding people have called. Almost all of them don't ask anything about the cats, just ask when they can pick them up. Now I have two options. I can stay here a bit longer, find a small apartment, and a job, (the salaries are really low here maybe 200 euros a month), and try to give them away again. Or I can take the cats with me to the US, and then give some away and keep some. However in both places I'm surrounded by family members who are anything but INFPs. They're cold, emotionally abusive, and just overall mean. So if I stay here, I'd have to find my own place so I don't live with them, but I'd still have to maybe bum some money off of them, in order to survive, my salary probably wouldn't be enough. If I go back to the US, then I'd have to live with my abusive mom who hates cats. So I'd somehow have to send the cats, but at the same time find a new place away from my mom, and maybe have a kennel pick them up, and I don't know it's so confusing. What should I do? What is better? Sorry that this is long. :unsure:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Seeing that I tried asking my question on yahoo answers, but haven't really been able to get any responses, I just need some advice. I won't take up too much of your time. Basically I went to visit my brother in Europe, and noticed he had a few kittens. I tried to find them a home, but only kind of cold-sounding people have called. Almost all of them don't ask anything about the cats, just ask when they can pick them up. Now I have two options. I can stay here a bit longer, find a small apartment, and a job, (the salaries are really low here maybe 200 euros a month), and try to give them away again. Or I can take the cats with me to the US, and then give some away and keep some. However in both places I'm surrounded by family members who are anything but INFPs. They're cold, emotionally abusive, and just overall mean. So if I stay here, I'd have to find my own place so I don't live with them, but I'd still have to maybe bum some money off of them, in order to survive, my salary probably wouldn't be enough. If I go back to the US, then I'd have to live with my abusive mom who hates cats. So I'd somehow have to send the cats, but at the same time find a new place away from my mom, and maybe have a kennel pick them up, and I don't know it's so confusing. What should I do? What is better? Sorry that this is long. :unsure:
I wouldn't stay in Europe on account of the kittens alone. If you believe there is another good reason to stay, then perhaps do. Is there no Humane Society type of establishment in that area that would take them? It is very kind of you to have such a self-sacrificing caringness for the kittens, but I hope you can be realistic about it. If you take them with you back to the US, at least you can oversee their care while you are in a familiar environment...and then take them to the Humane Society?...they usually are good about finding the right owners.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Have you tried craigslist? I've found nice homes for kittens I could not keep by advertising there; many people want kittens over grown cats, so they go fast. I understand wanting to screen people - maybe have some questions prepared to ask them since these people don't seem to volunteer much. It may simply be a cultural thing to be direct about picking them up - ask your bro what their attitude indicates.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't stay in Europe on account of the kittens alone. If you believe there is another good reason to stay, then perhaps do. Is there no Humane Society type of establishment in that area that would take them? It is very kind of you to have such a self-sacrificing caringness for the kittens, but I hope you can be realistic about it. If you take them with you back to the US, at least you can oversee their care while you are in a familiar environment...and then take them to the Humane Society?...they usually are good about finding the right owners.

Thanks a lot. I think you're right. I just wanted to stay here because of them, otherwise I wouldn't stay here. But thanks about the humane society thing, I didn't know about that. Yea I just want to make sure the kittens get the right owners, because unlike people cats have a hard time leaving, so if they get bad owners, they're kind of stuck. But thanks again.:happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts