Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Considering how much good you could do with 50 million, I'd hardly say it's the worst thing that could happen. (I'm tired, so I won't get into the complexity of the risks vs rewards, but I think anyone who kept their eyes open, their feet on the ground, and their heart guarded against greed/selfishness would have the opportunity to do some serious good with money like that, at least on a moderate scale, and I'm sure a lot of INFPs would be thrilled to have a chance like that.)

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
@arwen7 With 50 million I could easily start my Healing Farm, a place where people who feel depressed, stressed or otherwise troubled can come to heal. So no, it absolutely wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to me.

I would also give money to my parents so they can have an early retirement and I would give a portion of my winnings to my sister so she can buy a house of her own and live a comfortable life. I would keep 5 million or so for myself. I won't have to worry about money for the rest of my life, I could buy a comfy house and I could explore large parts of the world. Doesn't sound to bad does it?

Why would it be one of the worst things that could happen to an INFP? I am curious why you think that.

1,239 Posts
@yippy I mostly agree with you that it could be used for good, but I think he means the pressure, distress, attention and distruption that winning the lottery can cause. I know for me that would be super hard to handle, I don't like dealing with money as it is. You'd need to be organised and structured to know what to do with yourself if you won the lottery. Of course you have a great outlet to help people, but really the lottery is a big thing to deal with, infamous for causing mental breakdowns after people win, and with inferior Te I would imagine the chances of that happening would possibly be higher.

·
Banned
678 Posts
@arwen7 I would probably see it as compensation to everyone in my life for the fact that I'd disappear from their lives. I'd then likely go on a binge of self loathing about how I don't deserve the money, I'd give it all away to people and causes except the amount required to live on a yacht moored on an abandoned island where nobody would ever see me again.

·
Registered
687 Posts
This is a very clever and amusing thread.

Please continue.

·
Registered
507 Posts
with mind-boogling 50M, i can absolutely be a 'philanthropist' in an instant :D

i can travel around the world and support causes... imagine how many smiles and overwhelming appreciation i could receive from needy people... *tears of joy*

i could build orphanage, or foundation and support it with building my own business. (though i'm not really good in business).

the others would be for my family's use and myself too... i would buy a new house for the family and my own, a car and make my own romantic paradise - a garden full of flowers and colorful trees... :3 and buy a white husky xD

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No! That would be the best thing to happen!
Do you realize how many times a day I fantasize about giving back to all the people whom genuinely gave a shit about me and influenced me in positive ways? I've always hated how I can only make petty homemade gifts for someone who spent money on me. People like my former debate coach (who's still rocking it out the debate program in my former middle & high school) who paid for my 2 week debate summer camp in full out of the kindness of his heart, or the teachers from my school that really shined, or the friends that were there when I needed a ride or a meal in a restaurant... And of course, nothing more than I'd love more than to see my parents have a comfortable living state of mind as well as my other brothers.
Of course money isn't everything to show appreciation, but I realize how someone else could benefit from it more than I could. The life full of sports cars, large houses, etc just isn't for me. The only grand thing I'd want to do is travel since I've yearned for it for a long time.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Maybe I'd hide the money and give hints about its location.

I kind of want to buy a lot of land, and put a shinto shrine there and keep the land safe from construction and stuff, as pure as possible.. and hope beyond hope that future generations will take care of that land. v.v;

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To explain myself:

My opinion was based upon the internal struggle that it could create. They say that sort of money changes people, I just wonder what that would look like for an INFP. I think there would be a lot of internal struggle, trying to figure out their identity in light of the money, how they relate to people. They most likely will be bombarded with people and corporations who want a piece of the money, when they just want to be left alone.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@yippy I mostly agree with you that it could be used for good, but I think he means the pressure, distress, attention and distruption that winning the lottery can cause. I know for me that would be super hard to handle, I don't like dealing with money as it is. You'd need to be organised and structured to know what to do with yourself if you won the lottery. Of course you have a great outlet to help people, but really the lottery is a big thing to deal with, infamous for causing mental breakdowns after people win, and with inferior Te I would imagine the chances of that happening would possibly be higher.
^^^Precisely. Thank you for putting it in better and more words :)

5,146 Posts
I'd go on a massive power trip.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
To explain myself:

My opinion was based upon the internal struggle that it could create. They say that sort of money changes people, I just wonder what that would look like for an INFP. I think there would be a lot of internal struggle, trying to figure out their identity in light of the money, how they relate to people. They most likely will be bombarded with people and corporations who want a piece of the money, when they just want to be left alone.
For sure. There's a ton of hangers on and mouths to feed for anybody who comes into a cartoonish amount of money. INFPs love to help deserving people, and money instantly helps people. Plus this isn't a constant stream of cash, this is a lump sum. Yes, even just sticking into a bank earns a lot of interest, but you can't live a million dollar lifestyle forever. This and failed investments ("my cousin has a brilliant idea for a restaurant!") lead to an astonishing number of professional athletes going broke.

If I won the lottery, I would prioritize:

1. Not going broke.
2. Designating x amount of money towards people and causes. My friend's SO is a brewer so I'd chuck money at them to start a brewery in my hometown and make 5-15 Imperial Stouts.
3. Some kind of world tour.
4. Something ridiculous: in this sort of scenario I've always wanted to build a house replicating the layout of the house from Clue. Then hold real life Clue mystery parties. Even though I don't especially like the board game Clue (love the books and movie).

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
If I won the lottery I'd just hide and that would probably be bad for my self-evolution.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There would be a lot I would do. Invest and travel, yes. Help family, of course. Though, something similar to others here, I would help others. To be more specific, I want to help those who shut themselves inside their homes all the time. Many cultures have different names for them. One such group is called Hikikomori. I wouldn't just want to help those in Japan, of course. I imagine they exist in the U.S. too, but I imagine they aren't categorized exactly the same. Nonetheless, I still want to help. There are organizations that help them already and would want to help them first. After that, I want to go to school and get a degree so I could help in a more one on one manner.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.