Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The answer is actually quite obvious to me. Nowadays, I'm proud to be an INTJ, even if my teen years were extremely lonely just because of my "strange" (according to most people) personality. I often felt like I was too reserved and interested in abstract things than the average people my age. I was also bullied a lot in High School, people used me because of my intelligence (I was the best one in my class) but also thought I was asocial and extremely odd, a person to avoid. People somehow respected me because I always showed to be very clever, but were also frightened, mostly because of my coldness and "distance". The truth is that I just didn't find the right people to get along with, most students were just the average ESFJ, ESTP or ESFP ...
At University things went better, and I found my first real friends there, re-gaining the natural self-confidence every INTJ should have!

People often think I'm just too strange if compared to the average girl, screaming like a goose at the sight of a bag or a pair of high heeled shoes. Really, what's so special in torturing your own feet just for looking sexier, when one's mind is the sexiest thing at all?
My interests are just totally different. Mostly psychology, fiction, science, especially Biology and videogames (I'd say I'm somehow a nerd).

My best friends are two INTPs.

Oh, by the way, my name is T. I'm a 21 years old Biology student, I graduated a couple of weeks ago.
But please, just call me Light, it has been my nickname for years, and I think I'll keep using it here too :D After all, it worked fine till now!
For who's wondering where this nickname comes from, Light Yagami (also called Raito) is the protagonist of an anime named Death Note. I love that character and his ideals (and, so randomly, he's an INTJ!).
I hope posting here will be an interesting experience.

I apologize in advance for some mistakes I might make, but I only studied English at school (and at University
).

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Light_92 and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Light_92. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bot answering to me in such a kind way? That's brilliant! I'm smiling in a somehow silly way now :D .

Reactions: kareem

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I think too! But, you know, the INTJ personality is not femaline at all! XD
I've been accused (mainly by my parents) to be too masculine, because I'm direct and rational, and I don't care about looking pretty all the time, and my interests also include go-karting. I even found out most people in my school thought I was lesbian! (I'm straight).
Nothing against lesbians, of course, but stereotypes and prejudges like these are very annoying.

·
Registered
245 Posts
We're all monsters, aren't we? We all hide a shadow inside of us.

But I understand what you faced. I'm quite possibly an INTJ, though I do show many aspects of INFJ-dom and thus, I have yet to classify myself. I am only in high school and how people react to my personality is a bit annoying. It's a constant isolation among a sea of sheeple. They're neither your friends nor your enemies, they're just pawns to be used in the game.
It's just a tad bit lonely at times.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm an INTJ girl too!

I'm into science and fiction too. My favorite topic is Genetics. Maybe, we can be friends.

What country are you from?

I'm curious to see how long you index and ring fingers are.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to think I was an INFJ too. Maybe a looped one ...
But now I'm sure, I don't have Fe, but Fi, and my mind works a lot like a Te dominant one. But despite I'm sharing this with the irruent ENTJs, I'm absolutely sure I'm an introvert.

I think we just need to meet the right people, since we INxJs are extremely selective in our friendships. We're attracted by original and intelligent people, not by the party animal ESFP, who most people find so nice and attractive. As I said before, my best friends are INTPs, but I get along very well with INFJs, ISTJs and ENFJs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm an INTJ girl too!

I'm into science and fiction too. My favorite topic is Genetics. Maybe, we can be friends.

What country are you from?

I'm curious to see how long you index and ring fingers are.

I'm from Italy! And Genetics is my favourite field too, my thesis was about the role of leptin in monogenic obesity. I want to specialize in Genetics, it's just very fascinating ..
Why are you asking me about my fingers? Because more masculine girls are very likely to have a longer ring finger, just like gay guys have a index longer than the ring finger?
The index finger is longer, by the way :)

Reactions: Persian

·
Registered
245 Posts
I used to think I was an INFJ too. Maybe a looped one ...
But now I'm sure, I don't have Fe, but Fi, and my mind works a lot like a Te dominant one. But despite I'm sharing this with the irruent ENTJs, I'm absolutely sure I'm an introvert.

I think we just need to meet the right people, since we INxJs are extremely selective in our friendships. We're attracted by original and intelligent people, not by the party animal ESFP, who most people find so nice and attractive. As I said before, my best friends are INTPs, but I get along very well with INFJs, ISTJs and ENFJs.
That is the exact same problem I have. I have Fi and dominant Te, but ENTJ is a laughable description of who I am. I've just assumed the MBTI system to be flawed because of this trouble, along with dozens more that I've seen and heard about. The system is imperfect, but proficient. Amusing, really. A tool to help outline people in order to understand them. A generalization.

I always find myself befriending INFPs, ISFPs, and ISFJs. Maybe it's because I have an affinity for the idealistic types, or maybe it's the dynamics of female teenagers at my school. Still, I've never found someone who truly understand me. I'm glad that you've found a few INTPs of your own. They're quite a nice type.
The L to your Light, huh?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is the exact same problem I have. I have Fi and dominant Te, but ENTJ is a laughable description of who I am. I've just assumed the MBTI system to be flawed because of this trouble, along with dozens more that I've seen and heard about. The system is imperfect, but proficient. Amusing, really. A tool to help outline people in order to understand them. A generalization.

I always find myself befriending INFPs, ISFPs, and ISFJs. Maybe it's because I have an affinity for the idealistic types, or maybe it's the dynamics of female teenagers at my school. Still, I've never found someone who truly understand me. I'm glad that you've found a few INTPs of your own. They're quite a nice type.
The L to your Light, huh?

I agree. The greatest defect of the system is not considering that, after all, human mind is extremely changeable, and though our mind works around the same way (I assume a Ni dominant can't change his abstract nature so easily), we can switch to similar types according to the periods of life we live. In some periods, I feel so self-confident that others could think I'm an ENTJ. In others, especially in love, I look like the sweetest ISFP ever.
There isn't really a rule, the theory only define our main personality, the one we're most likely to follow and to be represented by! At least, most of the times.

Yes, exactly, the "L" to my Light!
I think INTPs and INTJs get along very well together. INTJs may find INTPs extremely random and sometimes even weak, but INTPs may be annoyed by our natural self-confidence and judging tendence. But we're both rational and abstract thinkers (even if the INTJ is more pragmatic) and our personalities are quite alike.

Yeah, Light and L ...
We also joke about that with my best friend, because we met in a very strange way. I had a fake profile and he found out, forcing me, in a very smart way, to reveal my real identity. It's a long story, it was the worst period of my life and pretending to be someone else helped me a lot in that period, but incredibly stopping that horrible drug helped me to find my first real friend. We got more confident than we ever were before revealing who I really was. Maybe I'm going to talk about that in the future. A little bit like Kira and Ryuzaki, as you can see!
Only INxx could find that so odd and funny at the same time :D . The saddest thing from this "escape from reality" is that Light "lost" even this time ...

deathnotegrouplightandr.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts

I'm from Italy! And Genetics is my favourite field too, my thesis was about the role of leptin in monogenic obesity. I want to specialize in Genetics, it's just very fascinating ..
Why are you asking me about my fingers? Because more masculine girls are very likely to have a longer ring finger, just like gay guys have a index longer than the ring finger?
The index finger is longer, by the way :)
:proud:My ring finger is longer, but I am all girly. I love dresses and skirts. I do not like to walk in shoes without a 1-3 inch heel. My feet hurt in flat shoes.
My favorite color is magenta. But, if there are no magenta phone covers, shirts, or anything, pink will suffice.

:kitteh:Rwar! Isn't this shoe hot!

...this one too.

I have strict fashion tastes. I get stressed whenever I go into a store and see unfashionable articles of clothing. Also, my favorite game is Jojo's Fashion Show.

What's your favorite color and game?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wear sneakers most of the times, and when it comes to getting elegant, I prefer wedge heels. I don't like high ones, I like to find the "right balance". It has to be high enough to look better but not so much to feel awkward with them.
I'm not too fond of shoes, anyway :D .

My typical outfit is actually nothing special. A shirt or a t-shirt and jeans, with sneakers. I'd say I my style is quite asexual, a guy could wear around the same clothes. I like shirts a lot, I even used to wear ties and vests in the past.

My favourite colours are sand and bright blue.

Oh, my favourite game is 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.
It's the story of nine people who are kidnapped and have to solve logic problems in order to get out of a ship, but they're always suspicious of each other. The plot is very complex and insteresting.
Another nice gime is Ace Attorney - Phoenix Wright. You're a detective-lawyer.
I'm also a lot into Pokèmon!

Attachments

Reactions: Persian

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll take a potato chip.

​And eat it.

Salty food is far better than sweets, right, Ryuzaki? *Teases him*

Salt.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts
To tell the truth, I don't like stilletos. I love wedges, and most of the shoes I have are wedges. I'm also okay with thick heeled shoes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't like stilletos either, and thick heels are nice :) . Nothing beats wedges, though!

Yeah, we INTJs love functionality and efficience, but we have a great sense of beauty too! It's possibile to get both even with shoes
:) .

·
Registered
183 Posts
To be honest, I don't own any stilleto shoes either. The chunky heels are what I usually go for, though not necessarily the wedge all the time. Platforms are nice as well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about your favourite games? :)

·
Banned
44 Posts
Monstarrr :angry:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts