Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I posted on Facebook that to an INTJ, having a close relationship (platonic or romantic) with an INFP must sometimes remind them of Pinky and the Brain, Billy and Mandy, Dexter & Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory, etc.

"What are we doing today, Brain?"
"Same thing we do every day, Pinky... try to take over the world!"
"Narf!"

That is to say, INFPs probably feel like they aren't very driven, they're all over the place, very naive/trusting/goody-goody, etc. On a bad day. On a good day, though, I think they admire our passion and are kinda fascinated by how our brains tick. - Think Sylar from Heroes.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
I posted on Facebook that to an INTJ, having a close relationship (platonic or romantic) with an INFP must sometimes remind them of Pinky and the Brain, Billy and Mandy, Dexter & Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory, etc.

"What are we doing today, Brain?"
"Same thing we do every day, Pinky... try to take over the world!"
"Narf!"

That is to say, INFPs probably feel like they aren't very driven, they're all over the place, very naive/trusting/goody-goody, etc. On a bad day. On a good day, though, I think they admire our passion and are kinda fascinated by how our brains tick. - Think Sylar from Heroes.
Sorry to go off track from the thread.
But isn't Pinky an ENFP?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Sorry to go off track form the thread.
But isn't Pinky an ENFP?
Hmm. I don't see Pinky interacting with anyone else but Brain. He loves everybody, but only spends much time in the company of a close friend. That sounds Introverted to me. But I might be misremembering.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nah, that can still be extroversion.
You betcha.

"Hey, where's energeticelephant?"
"Oh, probably hanging out with friendguy."

"Hey, let's invite energeticelephant!"
"Oh, better invite friendguy, too. She does everything with friendguy."

"Hey, I wanna hang out with friendguy!"
"Me too, we can hang out with energeticelephant while we're at it cause she's bound to be with friendguy."

:tongue:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Nah, that can still be extroversion.
Also, I think characters like Pinky tend to be, even around their best bud, pretty quiet, only speaking on occasion, and then in few words, except when they actually have something to say that they think is important, usually a question about what their bud is thinking/feeling. But sometimes they're depicted just being stupid and making noise, so *shrugs*

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

".
Thanks for the answer..I've never heard of any of these shows so I am a bit clueless what you mean...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Okay. Uh. alright, Bones is a pretty stereotypical INTJ. She is basically a scientist through and through - she's very introverted, very disregarding of authority, only focused on the pursuit of that which is concrete/empirical. The show is often about her interacting with Feeling types and being just stunned by them.

More specifically, I'm thinking about her interaction with the INFx psychological expert on the show, Sweets. They relate to each other in both having been outsiders all their lives. They also pick up on the feel of things very quickly. Again, though, the biggest factor in their relationship is the Thinking versus the Feeling.

At first, Bones only values concrete, empirical knowledge, and dismisses psychology/the Feeling approach as unscientific, pure guesswork, etc. Then, having seen multiple times the effectiveness of it, Bones becomes extremely fascinated with Feeling. She is still frustrated at Feelers when they do not always express things in purely concrete, rational terms, but she also really strongly admires Feeling, recognizes its merits, and is even envious about it. She eventually begins working on her emotional intelligence, but it's hard for her to grasp.

However, she has a really strong bond with Feelers on the show - her best friend, partner/love interest, and Sweets, who sees her as having a parental role in his life, while she sees him as having a role of a mentor in the area of emotional intelligence (she chooses him as her mentor in this area because he is, of course, the most qualified expert she knows, though she also picks things up from her other Feeling acquaintances).

Okay, that was kind of a ramble. I hope it helps... at all. The moral of the story, I guess, is I think INTJs and INFPs are drawn to each other, really connect with and admire each other, but it requires a lot of patience and dedication to the relationship to overcome mutual irritations. Ha. A romantic relationship is entirely possible. You just have to care enough to make it work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh and INTJ-INFP couple is pure magic... at first. I have been romantically involved with a couple of die hard romantics, and I can tell you in my own experience, the key factor to keep the relationship balanced is to maintain open communication. The main issue I've had with my INFPs is that they are a little insecure at times to express their feelings and they have pulled away. Me, being an INTJ with iF, can also hold back and become quiet and insecure. INFPs passivity is also something that as an INTJ have to learn to tolerate.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Then I'd like to meet one. :happy:
Be careful what you wish for... Like I mentioned before, in my experience the relationship is great at the beginning, then things start to get complicated due to a strange iF -iF dynamic (well, it's more complicated than that).

Anyways, if you find one you like, good luck and all the best!

1 - 20 of 423 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.