Personality Cafe banner

An INTP's Crush

[INTP] 
Tags
intp's
63K views 77 replies 49 participants last post by  HeadofHudet 
Is it the appearance or the personality that does it for an INTP?
Tricky, as my first love is now my husband so I've never been through the field, so to speak. Dialects mean a lot to me. The soft Geordie dialect (not the rough Gazza one) sends me weak at the knees. I think personality does it more for me - quiet and gentle. Appearance - well if they don't have their arse hanging out of their jeans or piercings in places other than their ears, I'm fine with however they look. Tattoos tend to turn me cold though.

Do first impressions count?
Yeah, but I tend to hold more store with what comes out of their mouth than anything they may be wearing, notwithstanding what I said above.

Are you the first to make a move or not and how do you act around the particular person? Do you withdraw even more or feel more open with him/her?
I have to get to know someone a long LONG time before I open up. I can be silly with E*F* but maybe not best buddies with them. To get really personal I need to feel I can trust them. This may be more experience than personality based.

Any past events based on the question you would like to share...?
Trust is a big thing from the beginning, for any friendship. In fact, I believe if there is no trust in a relationship, there is no relationship. Not really a past event, just an observation from life in general.

Reactions: Goodewitch
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.