Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Being an intuitive means you more naturally trust your intuition over your senses. Being a sensor means your more naturally trust your senses over your intuition.

We've all got senses and intuitions, and we can all use them to good use, they just come more or less naturally to certain people.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well according to cognitive functions that wouldn't work. Si/Se types have Ni/Ne at the bottom of their function stacks and Ni/Ne types have Si/Se at the bottom of their function stacks. That's if you believe in MBTI and type theory though.

·
Registered
28,949 Posts
Wrong. I used to walk around my school thinking everyone that everyone was a mindless drone on my cynical of days. They only cared about this stupid thing or that stupid thing. Then I realized when prompted by teachers (of all people) these mindless drones revealed their incredible ability to think deeply and make calculated decisions about questions to interpret meaning.
Here it turned out that they were not mindless at all but that I was indeed senseless not to recognize their mindfulness.

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,856 Posts
Heard someone say that somewhere. What do you make of it?
Nope. Probably said by some depressed teenager who is trying to make himself* seem like he is part of a "superior group" and that's why "no one understands him".

*yes, the person who said that could be a she too...just didn't feel like putting the /(female pronoun).

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Sounds like a bias.

"Intuitives are so special that they can be both sensors and intuitives! Sensors lack the depth and understanding to cultivate intuition. We don't like them and we want them out of our exclusive club. Go away".

I'm sure the person who said that believes sensors (especially SJ's) lack depth and understanding to join a thread like this and discuss theories and ideas with ease or genuine knowledge, just pretending to know for the sake of developing a hivemind mentality or sabotaging their true "superficiality". Also that intuitives score 155 on an IQ test and sensors around 70.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
I think they meant that an intuitor can speak whatever sensors speak, but not always vice versa.
this is also how i interpreted it

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think function preference is characterized when certain type of cognition is so neurologically stimulating that you automatically default to using it over the other functions.

So, Sensors will always get energy from making use of their sense impressions in a way that I never will. Moreover, Sensors could choose to focus less on the sensory impressions themselves, and more on their conceptual interpretations (what does this mean and why?) , then imagining how the world could (or will) change to be more accord with those interpretations. The thing is they will probably never get as much stimulation from doing that as I do.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
this is also how i interpreted it
I still think it's a biased statement, claiming sensors lack depth and intuitves have all this beautiful understanding of everything.

That's a hyperbole, of course, but I dislike the notion that intuitives always understand sensors and can sense, and yet a sensor is often incapable of being abstract. That's bullshit- all types can be abstract. How much one can abstract is indicative of preference. It's just more of the "intuitives are rare and therefore special" bullshit that's littered all over these forums like salty garbage.

It needs to stop. Imagine how many sj's in particular feel about themselves; I'm sure many worry about being unlikable. Now I'm just getting mushy :)

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
I think they meant that an intuitor can speak whatever sensors speak, but not always vice versa.
But isn't that just more of the same "intuitives are awesome, sensors are drones" mentality that is so prevalent on this forum? I agree with @hoopla in the fact this bias is nearly constant and always damaging. Bias needs to be banned, but how does one ban prejudice?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts