Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I earlier posted a survey on this group. I received mails saying that the questions were a little weird and many in number. So I designed a new survey that has less questions.
Here is the link to it.
This website is hosted on Google.

The Survey

·
Registered
950 Posts
@apanimesh061
I have a few issues with the questionaire, and while this may sound like I'm tearing the whole thing apart, I'm just focusing on the negatives of it and providing constructive criticism.
Firstly, in opinion polls with this many options it seems likely that people will be unaware of what certain catagories are. As such I would add in a box for no opinion or no experiance so that you don't have people who don't know what something is giving a neutral response, when if they knew what it was they would love or hate it.
Secondly, you currently have 6 options with the attempt at neutral being the third. This automatically introduces positive bias in your results, so I would suggest either removing one positive option, or adding one additional negative choice.
Finally I also dislike the descriptions of the options, for example "Makes Sense" suggests something I would choose to experiance if a friend recommended it, which differs between people with some checking out all references and other not checking out any reccomendations, and the "Good" option says it makes you feel good which isn't what you would experiance from say horror books, even if you were a fan on them. This can be easily sorted by just asking people to rate them on a numeric scale, although I can appreciate if you feel that the words draw the reading in more than numbers, in which case I would suggest thinking very carefully about what wording is used.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Aquc
Oh!
Thanks for the input. I actually had designed it myself. I really did not think it this way, the third point was an eye-opener!
You can still give your input ... in case you have no experience in a particular option you can leave it as it is.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok, I completed your survey.

Admittedly, I was a little confused about the rating system. For example, the 'religious' and 'romance' categories of books and movies kind of forced me to vote 'kryptonite'. But that's not entirely accurate. I don't 'run away from' those categories; it's just that they hold 0 interest for me. I also wouldn't necessarily define those categories as 'bad', but rather, 'of no interest to me'.

Kind of unsure whether I was being polled upon my own interests, or being asked to make judgments based on personal biases.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Solitaire U
My intention was to gather the data based on ones interests. But as Aquc has mentioned above about some glitches in the system. I actually cannot update or correct the error he pointed, right away. It is actually my fault for not considering some points while designing this survey!

By the way thanks for your input!

·
Registered
77 Posts
That was fun, I enjoyed your questionairre.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.