Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..... I find myself in an odd predicament concerning you guys. It isn't really a clear cut predicament too. Let's start of with basics. But I'm gonna be rather honest..... and this might make you large headed... but it's honest.

alright .... basics....

Everyone N I know..... seems to love you all. Me included. You're very interesting and you are very..... hard to pin down. You fulfill a number of attractive things. On the one hand you give off this cute vibe ...... and you also have a really flirtatious extroverted feeling vibe sometimes..... which ... despite it isn't that 100% natural you... it's rather charming. Furthermore you are interesting and smart..... and you school people. If I come to you with some sort of ANYthing I can consistently expect you'll chop my balls of with logic..... and it will be a slight bit uncomfortable for me.... but then I will think and say..... jesus..... that makes sense.

This sort of pleasure coupled with a ball chopping motions (metaphorically chopping off balls of course) makes you like a very good pizza but it has teeth. Sort of. Not really. It feels like teeth but afterward it makes logical sense. I don't know how pizza with teeth makes any logical sense. I'll stop with this weird metaphor.

Anyway.

So I should throw in there my past two relationships were with intps. Both lasted about 2 years. So I suppose there is still some past relationships stuck in my brain that would make a little soft spot for you all.

So the past year or so I've been single. You know.... doin my thang. I dunno why I put that in there. But yea.

What bothers me is everyone's obsession with you guys. ENFJ's INFJs INTJ's ENTJ's INFP's ISFP's, ESFJ's........ at least in my experience....... jumping on your alls nuts.

Now why does that bother me?

Well for one thing I feel like I'm kinda...... not 100% over my last girlfriend and I suppress those sort of thoughts myself. Before you mention that I shouldn't idealize INTP's since I just had two girlfriends...... if you were to say that.... cause I just thought of it....... I do still know about 5 INTP's currently and I still hold my opinion.... that's why I am applying it to INTP's in general.

ANYWAY

The reason why it bothers me is because... ..... alright this is a little ..... embarrassing. But it's the truth.

I'm envious of you really. Because you make sense. You are able to make sense. You can communicate what you think and have it be right objectively. And also because of that stuff I mentioned above. That kind of back and forth motion of..... gosh your smart and have all these beautiful little feelings that you hide (sorry for spillin that) .... but at the same time...... you could destroy me. You also seem to have this ability to guard yourself..... and still be you. I don't have.... boundaries really. And when I do..... I feel terrible.

It's that danger thing that I can't really seem to get over.... and I think I should. Because I don't think it's good. And I am getting over it.... it just bothers me that other people are idealizing you cause it causes me to get into that mindset.

Is this making sense?

Hope this was a good idea. You don't have to solve this for me or anything. It was half way helpful just getting it out there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This sort of pleasure coupled with a ball chopping motions (metaphorically chopping off balls of course) makes you like a very good pizza but it has teeth.
This makes me really happy for some reason.

You also seem to have this ability to guard yourself..... and still be you. I don't have.... boundaries really. And when I do..... I feel terrible.
We have to be guarded, because the majority of people don't get us. It's nice to be understood, too. Some people need to relate to others more to make their life make sense. For me it would be nice to, but I find the most comfort in my own inner world. Don't feel bad if you're not the same way. Learn about and accept the unique way in which you interact with the world. The sooner you do that the more integrated as a whole you'll feel. (I think)

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
What bothers me is everyone's obsession with you guys. ENFJ's INFJs INTJ's ENTJ's INFP's ISFP's, ESFJ's........ at least in my experience....... jumping on your alls nuts.

[...]

I'm envious of you really. Because you make sense. You are able to make sense. You can communicate what you think and have it be right objectively. And also because of that stuff I mentioned above. That kind of back and forth motion of..... gosh your smart and have all these beautiful little feelings that you hide (sorry for spillin that) .... but at the same time...... you could destroy me. You also seem to have this ability to guard yourself..... and still be you. I don't have.... boundaries really. And when I do..... I feel terrible.

It's that danger thing that I can't really seem to get over.... and I think I should. Because I don't think it's good. And I am getting over it.... it just bothers me that other people are idealizing you cause it causes me to get into that mindset.

Is this making sense?

Hope this was a good idea. You don't have to solve this for me or anything. It was half way helpful just getting it out there.
I'm trying to sort out what your question is here, other than "Is this making sense?" and I've decided that it has to do with sociability and boundary issues. That we come across as so self-contained, ball-choppingly logical, and (occasionally) likable in instances where you're. . . left spinning.

I wonder though - is your contention with what we do or the ways we manage to do it? Either way the only plausible solution is to use what you've already got in spades as well as you can. I just can't help but ask.

As to your list of types that be sweatin' us, I'm sure you've got a fair share yourself that you've neglected in favor of INTPs.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other types are obsessed with us? Never noticed that, could you elaborate please? Why do you think that they are obsessed with us? What are they saying about us? It doesn't make sense for ALL of them to be obsessed with us.
Yea it's not everyone. It's my personal observation of mainly intuitives. My best friend who is an INFJ.... his brother... an esfj..... my old best friend estj...... a couple enfjs..... even entps..... intjs.

I don't really take it TOO seriously cause I realize not everyone expresses themselves the way I do. So I mean there could be a misunderstanding on my part.

But a good many people are somewhat intrigued by you .... kind of scared too.... which is prolly why they don't tell you. At least that's my opinion.

Like.... I'll go in detail... you don't have to read this part....

My infj friend sam....

Right after I broke up with my last girlfriend he was like.... aww man INTP's are insensitive assholes .... I would of cut her off long before you did etc. etc.

Well little did we know he was actually crushing on one hardcore in his class. To this day he's still very intrigued by her..... and brings up INTP's in conversation a little ... more often than other types.... other than ENTPs

If you look at that thread.... that says ... what type would you want to be in a relationship with...... there are a lot of INTP's .... or at least that's what I remember.

ummm my ENFJ friend mary has been in a relationship with one for 7 years.

two more enfjs i've talked to REALLY want to meet one.

my intp friend geoff has an enfj practically licking him

My old estj friend campbell was into my ex

My esfj friend patrick is crushin on one

My isfp bass partner (lol) was into my friend kierstin (intp)

I guess it's not really EVERYONE. but.... i guess I'm projecting a little xD... but yea.

Reactions: Zic

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to sort out what your question is here, other than "Is this making sense?" and I've decided that it has to do with sociability and boundary issues. That we come across as so self-contained, ball-choppingly logical, and (occasionally) likable in instances where you're. . . left spinning.

I wonder though - is your contention with what we do or the ways we manage to do it? Either way the only plausible solution is to use what you've already got in spades as well as you can. I just can't help but ask.

As to your list of types that be sweatin' us, I'm sure you've got a fair share yourself that you've neglected in favor of INTPs.

I agree.... yea you seem self contained, ball choppingly logical, and usually very likable. I find that the more I get to know you the more you feel comfortable showing your ball choppy side. And the fact that it switches back and forth confuses me.

I don't really have a contention with what you do or the way you do it. If I do then it would have to do with women INTP's who act more Fe than they really are and send mixed signals that they are not in control of. But I can understand why they would in this society so I don't really have beef.

Yea I don't really know what my question was. It was more just a ...... can you observe this and give insights?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yea it's not everyone. It's my personal observation of mainly intuitives. My best friend who is an INFJ.... his brother... an esfj..... my old best friend estj...... a couple enfjs..... even entps..... intjs.

I don't really take it TOO seriously cause I realize not everyone expresses themselves the way I do. So I mean there could be a misunderstanding on my part.

But a good many people are somewhat intrigued by you .... kind of scared too.... which is prolly why they don't tell you. At least that's my opinion.
Scared? Of us? I can't see how you can be scared of a bunch of nerds and geeks like us. xD But I think I know what you're saying, some people do seem to be intimidated by me once they have seen me in a discussion. When I was placed in a new class where almost nobody knew me the other students were really surprised that I dared to oppose the teacher and the curriculum in the very first lesson. Even some of the new teachers were somewhat intimidated by me once they got to know my argumentative side, mainly because they could, at times, not keep up with me. However, I never thought that INTP behaviour made such an impact on other types as you describe here... and I still don't really believe it, but perhaps you are right. It would explain why certain people are either avoiding me or being awfully friendly with me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Scared? Of us? I can't see how you can be scared of a bunch of nerds and geeks like us. xD But I think I know what you're saying, some people do seem to be intimidated by me once they have seen me in a discussion. When I was placed in a new class where almost nobody knew me the other students were really surprised that I dared to oppose the teacher and the curriculum in the very first lesson. Even some of the new teachers were somewhat intimidated by me once they got to know my argumentative side, mainly because they could, at times, not keep up with me. However, I never thought that INTP behaviour made such an impact on other types as you describe here... and I still don't really believe it, but perhaps you are right. It would explain why certain people are either avoiding me or being awfully friendly with me.
I have gotten (enough times to be significant) that I can be pretty intimidating. I usually say what I think and am not afraid of arguing. I also tend to miss the "human" factor for the ideas themselves, which people don't tend to understand. I am not surprised that INTPs are considered intimidating.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scared? Of us? I can't see how you can be scared of a bunch of nerds and geeks like us. xD But I think I know what you're saying, some people do seem to be intimidated by me once they have seen me in a discussion. When I was placed in a new class where almost nobody knew me the other students were really surprised that I dared to oppose the teacher and the curriculum in the very first lesson. Even some of the new teachers were somewhat intimidated by me once they got to know my argumentative side, mainly because they could, at times, not keep up with me. However, I never thought that INTP behaviour made such an impact on other types as you describe here... and I still don't really believe it, but perhaps you are right. It would explain why certain people are either avoiding or being awfully friendly with me.
Yea.... most of my observations tend to be ratherrr subjective. Being dominantly Fi and all. Soo yea. Only objectivity they get are when they get shot through the Te judge.

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
I agree.... yea you seem self contained, ball choppingly logical, and usually very likable. I find that the more I get to know you the more you feel comfortable showing your ball choppy side. And the fact that it switches back and forth confuses me.

I don't really have a contention with what you do or the way you do it. If I do then it would have to do with women INTP's who act more Fe than they really are and send mixed signals that they are not in control of. But I can understand why they would in this society so I don't really have beef.

Yea I don't really know what my question was. It was more just a ...... can you observe this and give insights?
Contention was probably a poor word choice in this case. Let's say I meant 'quandary' instead. No beef was meant to be implied.

To the bit I bolded though, I'd say that our female counterparts have had more cause and opportunity to develop their Fe side from the get go. It's simply expected. As such, I'm not sure they're still acting after a certain point; whereas INTP guys are more often left to stew in their own metaphorically logical juices.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Contention was probably a poor word choice in this case. Let's say I meant 'quandary' instead. No beef was meant to be implied.

To the bit I bolded though, I'd say that our female counterparts have had more cause and opportunity to develop their Fe side from the get go. It's simply expected. As such, I'm not sure they're still acting after a certain point; whereas INTP guys are more often left to stew in their own metaphorically logical juices.
Yeaaaa good point. With my last girlfriend though she did feel as though she hid behind the Fe. But I do agree to a certain extent.... it is rather naturally developed. I just question the health of such a thing. Since Fe kind of goes in a complete opposite direction than Ti.... it must be rather stressful... or at least it seems it would be. I know Te is for me... whether I admit it to myself or not..... of course that doesn't mean it carries over into INTP reality.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Double edged sword, we are.

I noticed the admiration of other types thing. INFPs seem to adore me (two from here have), ENFJs enjoy my company, and ESFJs try to figure out ways in which we're similar. Like really, my biological mother and half sister are both ESFJs and I heard from my ENFJ sister that both of them frequently attempt to find similarities between us.

I also found out today that my ENFJ sister was once into a guy who I believe is either an INTP or an ISTP. It's really hard to tell with him, but I'm leaning slightly towards INTP. She said he was a lot like me. Her latest husband (of four) is an ISTP and he's very similar to me as well.

I don't really know what you're trying to ask, though, so... maybe I'll get back to this thread later.

I'm just a humble nerd, intellectual giant, etc. There's not much to be afraid of, unless logic and reason is scary. Which I suppose it is for F types. :tongue:

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
Yeaaaa good point. With my last girlfriend though she did feel as though she hid behind the Fe. But I do agree to a certain extent.... it is rather naturally developed. I just question the health of such a thing. Since Fe kind of goes in a complete opposite direction than Ti.... it must be rather stressful... or at least it seems it would be. I know Te is for me... whether I admit it to myself or not..... of course that doesn't mean it carries over into INTP reality.
It is if it's willfully maintained beyond the natural spurts. Still, it's a bit like a muscle and that added strain can help develop the baseline output unless you push it too far and hurt yourself. Same goes for Te, which, in my experience with ENFPs, can be quite the little pistol. Don't be afraid to let it play into your social interactions. Just remember a wink and a smirk can go a long way and you'll have a half dozen types jumping on your nuts in no time. :wink:

I don't have.... boundaries really. And when I do..... I feel terrible.

What danger are you referring to here?

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is if it's willfully maintained beyond the natural spurts. Still, it's a bit like a muscle and that added strain can help develop the baseline output unless you push it too far and hurt yourself. Same goes for Te, which, in my experience with ENFPs, can be quite the little pistol. Don't be afraid to let it play into your social interactions. Just remember a wink and a smirk can go a long way and you'll have a half dozen types jumping on your nuts in no time. :wink:

What danger are you referring to here?
Yea I agree. Especially the first sentence. I think what I mean is when it is taken beyond natural spurts. Yeaaa Te is a little pistol.... usually only works with P's I've noticed. J's tend to hate it.... cept INTJ's and ENTJ's. Let's just say NFJ's and SFJ's tend to not like it when I whip out the pistol!!! lol.... sounds so wrong. I dunno what that has to do with anything though. In short. I agree.

Ohh boy.... I don't remember what danger I was talking about. It's more just a label of a feeling I get because of past emotional stimuli that made me afraid in the past...... in short it's complicated..... or it might not be... maybe I meant something very specific. Never mind. Let's stick with I don't know! lol

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
Yea I agree. Especially the first sentence. I think what I mean is when it is taken beyond natural spurts. Yeaaa Te is a little pistol.... usually only works with P's I've noticed. J's tend to hate it.... cept INTJ's and ENTJ's. Let's just say NFJ's and SFJ's tend to not like it when I whip out the pistol!!! lol.... sounds so wrong. I dunno what that has to do with anything though. In short. I agree.
Haha, well, you can't please everyone all the time. I get rebuffed the same way by ESTs and mixed results at best with ISTs. I was raised by and around INTJs though, so I'm pretty good at taking apart their arguments in ways they can appreciate, even though it has nothing to do with Fe usage and everything to do with putting my Ne toe to toe with their Ni. Theoretically, you could do something similar with NFJs. I know they love Ne.

I dunno what's left to say at this point except that it's apparent you idealize Ti and therefore fixate on INTPs. Which, while I totally appreciate the free compliments and your general attitude towards logical consistency, might be a little self-defeating / deprecating on your part.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
So..... I find myself in an odd predicament concerning you guys. It isn't really a clear cut predicament too. Let's start of with basics. But I'm gonna be rather honest..... and this might make you large headed... but it's honest.

alright .... basics....

Everyone N I know..... seems to love you all. Me included. You're very interesting and you are very..... hard to pin down. You fulfill a number of attractive things. On the one hand you give off this cute vibe ...... and you also have a really flirtatious extroverted feeling vibe sometimes..... which ... despite it isn't that 100% natural you... it's rather charming. Furthermore you are interesting and smart..... and you school people. If I come to you with some sort of ANYthing I can consistently expect you'll chop my balls of with logic..... and it will be a slight bit uncomfortable for me.... but then I will think and say..... jesus..... that makes sense.

This sort of pleasure coupled with a ball chopping motions (metaphorically chopping off balls of course) makes you like a very good pizza
I had to stop at this point in order to go cook a frozen pizza. Sorry, I didn't read the rest :laughing:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just feel perturbed when people start idealizing me.

Can't help you with your problem, though.
I sometimes feel the same way actually, I think, if what you were trying to convey here was a feeling helplessness.(Keeping track of your string of thought was somewhat of a challenge, no worries, though)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Everyone N I know..... seems to love you all. Me included. You're very interesting and you are very..... hard to pin down. You fulfill a number of attractive things...

I, as well as Elwood92, haven't noticed others are particularly obsessed with me. Most of the people I'm acquitained with simply kind of ignore me (Speaking of opposite sex). Looks like I was put in "silent and serious (read: uninteresting)" box from the very beginning and there's no way back. Honestly, I feel frustrated. I feel like I have so much to show to people, but I never get a chance just because I'm not a party guy or a stand-up comedian. Very few people understand my humour, anyway. However, I feel I am appreciated by the people that I know and that know me very well. Those who actually want to get to know me, tend to get pleasantly surprised (or at least that's what I've observed; and no, I'm not trying to brag). So, your theory is correct in a way. People who I'm on good terms with usually are N's (and a few STs). I haven't noticed a particular interest from SF's, though. Most of them go for party and popular, thrill-seeking people, of which I am neither.

TOTALLY UNRELATED:
Posting Bachelor Frog pics on ******* has yielded interesting results: Only a few people have actually understood and bothered to read the aforementioned pictures. Curiously, out of the ridiculously low number of people that liked the photos, the majority had, indeed, scored as NTs on MBTI tests.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts