Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear xxFx,

You don't know who I am, but I know you. You're the one who feels things 100x more than what society deems as normal. You're the one who cries over the little things, and feel bad over things that aren't even in your own control. You're the one who are told that you are too sensitive, that you need to get over it, that you need to swallow your feelings and even to ignore it. You are the nice person who everybody takes advantage of, and it's hard to find a place where your feelings are validated and even encouraged.

When you express your emotions, you are usually punished for it. Does the word "crazy" or "psycho" ring a bell?

You sit there and you wish you could just turn off and ignore your feelings altogether... Don't ever ignore your feelings or wish for them to disappear. It's those feelings that made you special to begin with.

In a world full of hatred and suffering, you are a single bright light that shines in the midst of darkness. Your strong feelings gives you empathy, compassion, and the urge to make the world a better place, even if it's just by small tiny actions that you take on a daily basis.

What's sad is when a Feeler decides to impress their Non-Feeler types by pushing their natural functions to become more of a Thinker and less than what you were born with. I could tell you to stop, but that is your own choice to do so. But just remember this: You're lying to the most important person in the world, and that my friend, is yourself.

Some Feelers go as far as abuse other Feelers and call them names like "sissies", "wussies", "emos", and insult their intelligence. Consider what this kind of action can affect the world at large... remember that Feelers are usually the first ones to answer the call from the needy who needs physical, emotional, spiritual, and even financial help. If we tell ourselves that our feelings are worthless, then try and say that to the 11 year old homeless child who asks if you happen to have a dime on you.

This letter isn't a slam against Thinking types. This letter is for Feelers who have always felt like they aren't important or worth it in a Thinking-driven world. This letter is for the sensitive ones who don't know what to do with their lives, and for the Feelers who felt betrayed by other people, Feelers or otherwise.

I am a Feeler, and I will always remember you. I will always tell you to be yourself, and I will always tell you that you are smart, that you are capable, and that your feelings are valid.

Now get out there and show the world your heart. Just like I did with my own.

Much love,
ForsakenMe

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Thank you. ^^ That was kind. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
I love that letter - it hits the nail right on the head and I wish I'd read something
like that years ago - it would have saved me much grief.

I don't think society will come into balance until the heart and head become equally valued.
There is something very dysfunctional about a society that prefers one over the other.

Thanks so much for posting that - did my heart good.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Dear xxFx,

You don't know who I am, but I know you. You're the one who feels things 100x more than what society deems as normal. You're the one who cries over the little things, and feel bad over things that aren't even in your own control. You're the one who are told that you are too sensitive, that you need to get over it, that you need to swallow your feelings and even to ignore it. You are the nice person who everybody takes advantage of, and it's hard to find a place where your feelings are validated and even encouraged.

When you express your emotions, you are usually punished for it. Does the word "crazy" or "psycho" ring a bell?

You sit there and you wish you could just turn off and ignore your feelings altogether... Don't ever ignore your feelings or wish for them to disappear. It's those feelings that made you special to begin with.

In a world full of hatred and suffering, you are a single bright light that shines in the midst of darkness. Your strong feelings gives you empathy, compassion, and the urge to make the world a better place, even if it's just by small tiny actions that you take on a daily basis.

What's sad is when a Feeler decides to impress their Non-Feeler types by pushing their natural functions to become more of a Thinker and less than what you were born with. I could tell you to stop, but that is your own choice to do so. But just remember this: You're lying to the most important person in the world, and that my friend, is yourself.

Some Feelers go as far as abuse other Feelers and call them names like "sissies", "wussies", "emos", and insult their intelligence. Consider what this kind of action can affect the world at large... remember that Feelers are usually the first ones to answer the call from the needy who needs physical, emotional, spiritual, and even financial help. If we tell ourselves that our feelings are worthless, then try and say that to the 11 year old homeless child who asks if you happen to have a dime on you.

This letter isn't a slam against Thinking types. This letter is for Feelers who have always felt like they aren't important or worth it in a Thinking-driven world. This letter is for the sensitive ones who don't know what to do with their lives, and for the Feelers who felt betrayed by other people, Feelers or otherwise.

I am a Feeler, and I will always remember you. I will always tell you to be yourself, and I will always tell you that you are smart, that you are capable, and that your feelings are valid.

Now get out there and show the world your heart. Just like I did with my own.

Much love,
ForsakenMe
Maybe I am a different sort of feeler, because I am much less sentimental than what this description is.

I feel a lot of empathy with other people, I have values I stand by and I'm great at putting other people in a good mood.

However, I don't cry over little things, nor feel bad about things that are out of my control, get told that I am too sensitive, get taken advantage of, get called "crazy" or "psycho" nor wish that I could turn of my feelings.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I am a different sort of feeler, because I am much less sentimental than what this description is.

I feel a lot of empathy with other people, I have values I stand by and I'm great at putting other people in a good mood.

However, I don't cry over little things, nor feel bad about things that are out of my control, get told that I am too sensitive, get taken advantage of, get called "crazy" or "psycho" nor wish that I could turn of my feelings.
Not all F types are the same. I wouldn't be surprised if some F types are more... I don't know, logical than others? Less likely to respond emotionally? ^^

It's kinda like the whole thing with "who's the most outgoing/not outgoing type"... Some introverted types are more outgoing than other introverted types, and so on.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Thank you for posting that. It was beautiful.
I do like using my thinking side, especially when I'm annoying people by taking things apart just to see how they function. Usually, I can get the stuff back together again but, sometimes, it's just... broken!!!
I don't cry over little things, but I do cry over beautiful things... a poem, a song, a starry sky...
I am happy to be a feeler who (haha) likes to take things apart, just to see how they work!

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for posting that. It was beautiful.
I do like using my thinking side, especially when I'm annoying people by taking things apart just to see how they function. Usually, I can get the stuff back together again but, sometimes, it's just... broken!!!
I don't cry over little things, but I do cry over beautiful things... a poem, a song, a starry sky...
I am happy to be a feeler who (haha) likes to take things apart, just to see how they work!
Thank you, my lady. Also, your avatar looks beautiful to me. Is it a painting from somewhere?

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Thank you so much.
I painted that avatar. I am very happy that you like it.
I really appreciate your comments on my artwork.

Thank you, my lady. Also, your avatar looks beautiful to me. Is it a painting from somewhere?

Reactions: ForsakenMe
1 - 10 of 10 Posts