Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested as INTP with secondary archetypes being ENTP and INFP, but I seem to score high in Se, which is a tertiary shadow function for an INTP. I have read that Fi and Ti resemble each other, but Fi relates more with values and feelings, while Ti relates more with logical principles, yet the two functions seem to analyze in similar ways, probably due to the tertiary Si (which I scored low on). In addition -- I am more prone to using Ne instead of Ti, which resembles the ENTP archetype, but I hardly relate to any extroverted qualities that ENTP types seem to possess. I'm also curious on how a good Se and good Ni and average Ni interplay in the functions.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes:

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.5)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

·
Registered
722 Posts
I tested as INTP with secondary archetypes being ENTP and INFP, but I seem to score high in Se, which is a tertiary shadow function for an INTP. I have read that Fi and Ti resemble each other, but Fi relates more with values and feelings, while Ti relates more with logical principles, yet the two functions seem to analyze in similar ways, probably due to the tertiary Si (which I scored low on). In addition -- I am more prone to using Ne instead of Ti, which resembles the ENTP archetype, but I hardly relate to any extroverted qualities that ENTP types seem to possess. I'm also curious on how a good Se and good Ni and average Ni interplay in the functions.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes:

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.5)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP
These tests are kind of weird and there accuracy depends on alot of factors. Based on your two problem areas...I wonder if you are INTJ or ENTJ...how did you test on the MBTI was your J/P score close?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These tests are kind of weird and there accuracy depends on alot of factors. Based on your two problem areas...I wonder if you are INTJ or ENTJ...how did you test on the MBTI was your J/P score close?
I usually test as an INTP with a low P score.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I just want to say, that the website you are using to test your order of cognitive functions, is for lack of a better word, a joke. I've used it, tested and re-tested, and it never yields steady results. I found the questions to be somewhat vague, and kind of confusing because of how they are worded and asked. I wouldn't recommend putting much faith into that site.

It's best to read the definitions of the cognitive functions, and apply some introspect of yourself, to come to a more likely conclusion of your preferred order of cognitive functioning.

Reactions: Kilgore Trout

·
Registered
722 Posts
I usually test as an INTP with a low P score.
Hmmm...then I may be on to something...in spite the fact that the test probably has alot of issues...i'd look into INTJ descriptions and see if you agree or disagree with them...and also i'd do some more testing.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want to say, that the website you are using to test your order of cognitive functions, is for lack of a better word, a joke. I've used it, tested and re-tested, and it never yields steady results. I found the questions to be somewhat vague, and kind of confusing because of how they are worded and asked. I wouldn't recommend putting much faith into that site.

It's best to read the definitions of the cognitive functions, and apply some introspect of yourself, to come to a more likely conclusion of your preferred order of cognitive functioning.
Thanks. Some of the questions on the cognitive functions test seem ambiguous or vague, not to mention, there were less questions on that test than on most MBTI-type tests, and the results hardly explained the pattern of cognitive functions, what this pattern meant, and why.

I was almost certain with my type due to previous tests taken, but during this test, I saw other functions such as Fi and Se, and became curious and confused. There must be some correlation with my low P score and these subsequent functions, which seems to resemble that of an INTJ, INFP, or ENTP.

It is interesting to me that my functions (as an INTP) more accurately resemble the ENTP archetype (Ne, then Ti), yet I relate much closer with the INTP type than any other type. Perhaps these results have to do with the overall development and usage of my functions according to the environment that I interact with, along with my personal preferences.

Hmmm...then I may be on to something...in spite the fact that the test probably has alot of issues...i'd look into INTJ descriptions and see if you agree or disagree with them...and also i'd do some more testing.
I tested as an INTJ twice but usually test as an INTP with a low J. I read the INTJ descriptions but do not relate to it; however, the INTP descriptions seem shockingly accurate. Perhaps I am an INTP with J-like tendencies. An example of an INTP with these tendencies may be Noam Chomsky, although I do not think I am on the same intellectual plane as him, except, maybe, in the form of cognitive habit.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Thanks. Some of the questions on the cognitive functions test seem ambiguous or vague, not to mention, there were less questions on that test than on most MBTI-type tests, and the results hardly explained the pattern of cognitive functions, what this pattern meant, and why.

I was almost certain with my type due to previous tests taken, but during this test, I saw other functions such as Fi and Se, and became curious and confused. There must be some correlation with my low P score and these subsequent functions, which seems to resemble that of an INTJ, INFP, or ENTP.

It is interesting to me that my functions (as an INTP) more accurately resemble the ENTP archetype (Ne, then Ti), yet I relate much closer with the INTP type than any other type. Perhaps these results have to do with the overall development and usage of my functions according to the environment that I interact with, along with my personal preferences.
Yeah I wouldn't take seriously what this test says. It had me questioning my type as well, I always tested with a high Si, so it was always typing me as ISTJ, or INTP. Once it was so absurd to type me as ENTJ. The only thing I've found that's solid about this test, is that it will leave you confused, and questioning your MBTI type.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
If you are unsure about your type post in the "What's my personality type" subforum and try to describe yourself the best you can. Go into detail about how you make decisions, what are important things to your in your life, how you judge other people and world around you etc. Posting things like "I play baseball" or "I've been anorexic since age 6 to 12" or "I excel at math" doesn't help, but if you explain how you tend to think/feel about things how you make decisions and arrive at conclusions made then other people who frequent that forum will help match it to a type.

Tests are rather inaccurate. Only way to determine your type for sure is to study functions yourself in detail and this only takes like a week or two of reading about them really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts