Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not really, just kind of tired, bored and curious what people would type me as. I'm a female and almost 17 :)

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jillianlouise/17153138725/in/explore-2015-04-15
I was drawn to this photo because of the dark, yet colorful mood conveyed. The photo also resembles a type of optical illusion, due to they girl's eyes, and can be seen various ways (eyes open and yellow, almost demon-like, or eyes shut, which conveys a prettier, softer image when viewing it in this light). The colors are vibrant, yet darkened by shadows , and I like the soft shades of yellow and violet utilized, combined with the splatters of black and glittery red. Also, as a side note, I have wanted to paint someone kind of like this for a long time so I thought the face paint was really cool and interesting.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My initial thoughts would just be simply, "F*ck," to be quite honest. Then, I'd probably say something sarcastic and start laughing at the situation and stay light-hearted: might as well enjoy the moment with my friends until the car gets fixed or we call someone to tow the car and get a taxi. I wouldn't be worried about making it to the concert or whatever; we'd get there somehow, just might be a little late XD

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
This really depends on my mood...if I was in the mood, I'd go to the party and have fun just talking to my friends and doing whatever. If I didn't feel like it, I'd probably drive somewhere else after dropping off the people who wanted to go to the party or just sit outside and do my own thing.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Inwardly, I'd feel a sense that they were wrong. If it wasn't a big deal, I may not feel much at all. If it was a rather large value of mine, I might feel rather intensely internally, and at times, depending on who the person was, I would feel rather hurt or offended personally. Outwardly, I'd usually give my own opinion, but respect their opinion as well in the end, even if they attacked a major belief of mine, as I think everyone should be free to think as they please, and, in due time, everyone will figure everything out for themselves.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
If it was a major belief, I would take action or say something about it. For instance, if I saw an animal being abused, I would probably just impulsively go grab it and run away with it or try to get the person to stop...XD In the past, I have done things like this. When I was a child, I saw a dog dying in the middle of the road after being hit by a car once when my family was driving past it and I made them pull over and then ran to it and refused to leave until the cops or animal shelter or whoever it was came to try to help it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Some of my most important values include freedom of people to think as they please and humane treatment of people and animals (even if they are seen as "evil"). I also hate rules and restrictions that serve no meaningful purpose, ignorance, and close-mindedness. Things like nature, art, music, stories, and such are also rather important to me. I'm not sure about how I came about determining most of them; it seems they have just developed naturally for me, and many are independent of what my family and friends think. They can change if I develop more, or in a sense "grow out of" them, and no longer value the same thing if I learn more and realize that they must be changed. For instance, I used to value pure innocence, until I realized that innocence often makes one naive and ignorant, and so I grew out of this value and now no longer value it as much.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
My independence is probably what distinguishes me from others, as in, I think for myself and am not easily influenced by others in who I am. If everyone is doing something and I don't want to do this, I won't do it. Unlike many "independent" rebels, however, if everyone is doing something and I want to do it, I will do it. I don't go against the crowd simply for the sake of going against the crowd, I just do what I want, independent of others entirely. If I could change one thing about my personality, it would be that I was bolder and more confident in myself, as sometimes I avoid saying or doing things because I "know exactly what others will say" and don't handle criticism very well, so I just stay silent or agree with them on whatever it is, then when they leave think or do whatever I wanted to in the first place anyways XD

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I seem to second guess strong gut feelings, which seem to be triggered at random, quite often, then find out they were correct later on. However, less intense "feelings" that I have developed seem to be present frequently, and I usually follow these.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Activities like talking with my best friend, creating art or stories, playing with my dogs, being outside in the quiet of nature, and doing yoga give me energy. Things like being in large crowds, being restricted, being at school, being cooped up inside a dreary building, doing math, and being with people I'm not close to drains me.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I repress quite a lot when I'm around others, as the places I really go are school (private and Christian) church, and home. I feel as though I cannot be myself when others are around because when I am, I am criticized and not accepted, so I usually just keep quiet or put up a dreary facade. However, when I am home alone, or with certain friends who accept me, I repress little to nothing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.