Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the game. Post a video clip or a excerpt from literature. Let everyone guess their MBTI types and discuss any Jungian (or other) meaning to be found!

Exibit A: Mary Crawley and Kemal Pamuk

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
My guess is Mary Crawley INTJ. Kemal Pamuk ENFP Although he's rather forceful for an ENFP!
I wish I had found the right clip . He comes in and he says to her basically "Lets get it on" and she says, "Why does everyone think I'm more adventurous than I am?" and he says, "You are exactly what I think you are." Now that's either a correct (about Mary's character) and extremely assertive ENFP who thinks he's all that OR a smooth-talking ENTJ or ENTP who thinks he's all that and has used that line a billion times.....?

What do you think?

Reactions: RingzJr

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Mary I'd probably type as an ExTJ. She does have that determination to not let things how they were collapse for the family, which could read as Si, but then especially in comparison with Robert, she's much more ready to go with the new ideas and make changes to make that happen, which is perhaps more likely of an ENTJ.

Pamuk...it's been awhile lol, and he wasn't there that long from what I remember? Anyway, I'd guess ESFP? Kind of a contrast to Mary, and someone who wasn't afraid, who actually seemed to enjoy, not following the rules and stepping over boundaries.

I miss that show now:)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Mary I'd probably type as an ExTJ. She does have that determination to not let things how they were collapse for the family, which could read as Si, but then especially in comparison with Robert, she's much more ready to go with the new ideas and make changes to make that happen, which is perhaps more likely of an ENTJ.

Pamuk...it's been awhile lol, and he wasn't there that long from what I remember? Anyway, I'd guess ESFP? Kind of a contrast to Mary, and someone who wasn't afraid, who actually seemed to enjoy, not following the rules and stepping over boundaries.

I miss that show now:)
What she said! :tongue::laughing:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Can we do Will Grahm from the tv show Hannibal? I think he's an INFJ. I'm a lot like him; especially when stressed out. However, I also relate a lot to Detective Christopher Foyle from Foyle's War.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can we do Will Grahm from the tv show Hannibal? I think he's an INFJ. I'm a lot like him; especially when stressed out. However, I also relate a lot to Detective Christopher Foyle from Foyle's War.

Seems right that Will Grahm be an INFJ. Especially with the empathy angle.
Foyle clip is all I've got to go on. I've been meaning to watch those. He didn't come across too "feely" in his talk from the clip, but could be INFJ or good-humored ISTP or INTP.

Reactions: mistakenforstranger

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Seems right that Will Grahm be an INFJ. Especially with the empathy angle.
Foyle clip is all I've got to go on. I've been meaning to watch those. He didn't come across too "feely" in his talk from the clip, but could be INFJ or good-humored ISTP or INTP.
Oh, he's feely alright. You'll have to watch the show. :p

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another ENFP Disney princess, right? Other opinions? I like the parody song from Honest trailors (3:20)....ENFPs CAN make money apparently... for Disney!

Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea about this next one, but I've always tried to MBTI them--- what couples haven't had this talk?

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I've been here the whole time just lurking until I can think if something to comment on.

I know a lot of people argue about Rapunzel being the only true ENFP princess but I think they worked out their formula from the little mermaid that the awe and wonder, and optimism of Ne Fi just works to encourage little girls to dream their hearts away.

Anyway, always looking off to the great expanse wandering what could be and that sense of adventure, Moana seems to be an ENFP. I'd agree with that.

·
Registered
15,427 Posts

I believe Will Grahm is an infj ( have you red Red Dragon?) love that novel. Will Grahm is actually one of my fictional crushes back in high school

Christopher Foyle- from that clip Im gathering a lot of Si , cant really gather much emotions from his responses (i havent seen the movie yet so forgive my typing) im guessing istj or intp for the character =)

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
curious to see how you would type these 2 characters

my guess intp and enfp

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
I've been here the whole time just lurking until I can think if something to comment on.

I know a lot of people argue about Rapunzel being the only true ENFP princess but I think they worked out their formula from the little mermaid that the awe and wonder, and optimism of Ne Fi just works to encourage little girls to dream their hearts away.

Anyway, always looking off to the great expanse wandering what could be and that sense of adventure, Moana seems to be an ENFP. I'd agree with that.
i dont -I actually find both Rapunzel and Moana to be fe users- Rapunzel esfj whereas Moana enfj(she uses Se and lacks Ne) she has a very clear vision of what she wanted and wouldnt let anything get in the way of it- her focus singular- she also tries her best to fit in with what her parents wanted so I sensing Fe more than Fi.
Rapunzel may act and talk like and enfp but shes clearly an Fe dom- no enfp can be happily content in a tower doing the same routine over and over again like that imho

Ariel is an enfp who acts like a stereotypical esfp ( i adore Ariel, i grew up with an ESFP cousin who acts just like her)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I believe Will Grahm is an infj ( have you red Red Dragon?) love that novel. Will Grahm is actually one of my fictional crushes back in high school

Christopher Foyle- from that clip Im gathering a lot of Si , cant really gather much emotions from his responses (i havent seen the movie yet so forgive my typing) im guessing istj or intp for the character =)
I haven't read the novel. :(

·
Registered
15,427 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
i dont -I actually find both Rapunzel and Moana to be fe users- Rapunzel esfj whereas Moana enfj(she uses Se and lacks Ne) she has a very clear vision of what she wanted and wouldnt let anything get in the way of it- her focus singular- she also tries her best to fit in with what her parents wanted so I sensing Fe more than Fi.
Rapunzel may act and talk like and enfp but shes clearly an Fe dom- no enfp can be happily content in a tower doing the same routine over and over again like that imho

Ariel is an enfp who acts like a stereotypical esfp ( i adore Ariel, i grew up with an ESFP cousin who acts just like her)
Yeah I think I remember this discussion way back on the ENFP Question thread.

And Rapunzel wasn't all that content, mostly forced in that tower out of fear, she always yearned to leave but she was also kept up an unbelievable optimism as a defensive trait to keep herself sane. I mean realistically how many people would be able to keep upbeat whilst locked away from the world? I think people underestimate her need to leave because she downplays it herself as a form of a denial. I've seen people suggest that she breaks the Disney princess formula because she doesn't have the classic "this is what I want" song. (Like Ariel: "Part of your world" (to be human); Moana: "How Far I'll Go" (To explore the ocean); Pochahontus: "Just around the Riverbend" (An unpredictble life) etc.) But she does, "When will my life begin" is hers, she yearns to know what out there in the big wide world.

I guess every princess seems like an ENFP because they all have a similar goal which is to explore. The "explorers" has always been the name for ENFPs that fits better for me than "inspirers" but then Disney also want to push the ideal that family matters... even though all the princesses escape their families... Haha. It always feels like a conflict between SFJ and NFP.

You know, I think I can accept Rapunzel being an ESFJ and an ENFP. ESFJ because of what you said and because trapping someone up like that would probably bring out her weaker intuition. ENFP because being trapped will also make her use her Si as a form of fear of breaking from the traditions. Fi still works if one of her ideals is if she were to put herself in her mother's shoes and decide she would never want to upset her because she understands that she 'means well' and knows no better. She doesn't have a taste of freedom that she needs to be a rebel?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I think we all like analyzing films, right? =)
To the point that it gets on my friends' nerves, even!
:tongue:
Oh! How about Tuck, Lydia, and Jack from 'Innerspace'?

And of course, Mr. Igo (played to icy perfection by Vernon Wells).

Reactions: NIHM and Llyralen

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
curious to see how you would type these 2 characters

my guess intp and enfp
I liked this, 8 will have to watch the whole thing. For him I think INTP like you and ENFP for her too. I’m learning something. I think sometimes it’s hard to type characters in literature and books because they aren’t real people and in books and movies people can act like one type and then another in order to serve the plot or target audience. In real life people hav3 to develop. So in 5his movie the more auto-biographical (I think it’s likely the author is basing the character on himself) is better dra2n and strongly INTP. Her character might be less well-drawn. He doesn’t understand her sometimes. Plus both written characters are being interpreted by actors.

In the case of the Disney princesses, I th8nk they know that adventuring type sells— so they put an adventure and longing ENFP-type song in each movie, and maybe otherwise the character isn’t well drawn or “real” enough to be any type. Just a bag of traits recommended by focus group...? But that’s no fun! I vote all Disney princesses past 1985 are ENFPs. Oh except Belle and Jasmine and Mulan.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts