Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I'm absolutely enthusiastic about the 16 types, differences ...for some weeks. I guess you all know you just hate/like people or think they are normal, boring etc.
I'm INTP but sometimes I just like/hate someone. Teachers/ students/ whatever I know a little bit, but not really much. So it would be weird if I went to these people:"Oh ... here this personality test is good, take it... I wanna know why I like/hate you"

I'm aware that it's not just the personality type, but I guess it has something to do with it. Anybody has ideas or signs how to identify the personalities? Really curious, can't live without analyzing any more.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Hey

I'm absolutely enthusiastic about the 16 types, differences ...for some weeks. I guess you all know you just hate/like people or think they are normal, boring etc.
I'm INTP but sometimes I just like/hate someone. Teachers/ students/ whatever I know a little bit, but not really much. So it would be weird if I went to these people:"Oh ... here this personality test is good, take it... I wanna know why I like/hate you"

I'm aware that it's not just the personality type, but I guess it has something to do with it. Anybody has ideas or signs how to identify the personalities? Really curious, can't live without analyzing any more.
Is there an INTP that could live without analyzing? :p
Anyways, to begin with. MBTI is not a personality system, it does not categorize personalities, it categorizes modes of perception and judgement. For that reason you can't say for example "oh, I hate you because you're an ESTJ" because all ESTJs are different, they just have the same way to see and judge the world.

Now, when it comes to perception (Ni, Ne, Si, Se) then that is mostly something you'd have to go by gut feeling, however.
Strong Se users seek sensory experiences and they will act based on that.
You notice the Ne users by them constantly asking questions, especially EN(F)Ps or in other ways trying to forge their web of information.
Ni users are the second most tricky as you'll mostly see them like Ne users, but a lot less cooperative with sharing their ideas. This is because they make the connections internally and subjectively and won't share them until they consider it ready (tho NFJs might barely share it even then due to having Ti). Basically Ni restricts people on the outside to a need-to-know basis.
Si is the most tricky. Si is often called memory, but it is not. It is a subjective sensory function, but the subjective needs to retrieve its information from the past. There is no certain way that I know of to see Si users. It's more of "This one seems like a sensor, but is a lot more subjective". You might recognize them easier tho as you have Si as an INTP.

The judging functions are a lot easier.
Fi users will become clear when there is something they feel is important being discussed. You can't miss them. FPs get super passionate tho even we TJs sometimes.
I've observed Fe users to take more of a mother role (even guys) in which they are the most likely if observing a fight to really patronize the people fighting with some speech about how they shouldn't fight. Basically, whenever you see someone who pushes the idea of people just being friends and saying that people are acting like kids if they are disagreeing, you've found an FJ.
Mainly tho with FJs is that you'll know that they are almost like a feeler, but seeming more vacant in contrast to the passion of Fi users.
Ti users aren't really seen unless you try to explain the error in some new brilliant idea they have as they will quite much just ignore whatever input you have to offer.
Te users are more easy to spot, they like to discuss and get input. Unlike Ne users then this isn't input about an idea as much as input about the reasoning etc.

Short answer, learn to see patterns within the types that you could recognize and it will work a lot better than the method of someone else. What I explain is not entirely my method and most of the typing is more instinctive rather than after a checklist or something.
Don't expect to just look at someone and know their type and you might not even be able to completely type some people at all. It takes a lot of observation unless you are really used to that type. I myself just a few month ago retyped my mother as an ISFP after having had her typed as an ESFP for a long time.

Something that helps me type people is to engage in a conversation with them and check their responses. This is more of a personal method tho which can lead to people being pissed off if they know what you are doing.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Also, I mistyped my mother as an ESFP because I hate her and hate causes you to create a bias. The only reason I changed my mind was due to a painfully obvious inferior Te when I engaged in a logical discussion with her. Now ofc. I see more evidence of it and it makes more sense.

Moral of the story, if you hate someone, you are likely to mistype them out of mere subconscious spite.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Learn what each letter represents and read about cognitive functions and how they manifest in people. After that, practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any helpful sites somebody of you knows? :)

It is easier to get to know people when you are friend of course. For example, it's not quite easy to differentiate people when being in school. "Oh Napoleon, he is like a cold storm which brings terrible disaster to the people..." in history teachers don't talk in analogies and metaphors even though they might be a N- type ;D I think it's more easier to see how structured people are, always focus on the actual topics or jumping around in their thoughts, having a mess on the table or not.

(Please, excuse me, if my English shows bad mistakes.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts