Discussion Starter #1
I was just guessing,
at numbers and figures,
pulling puzzles apart.
Questions of science,
science and progress,
would not speak as loud as my heart.

Lyrics from The Scientist by Coldplay

I've been sort of...emotional the past few days.

I realize that alot of NT's probably do this, this thing where we analyze out emotions instead of actually having to go through the trouble of actually feeling them. Don't get me wrong, I do this all the time. And, at times, it's okay. It helps your get to the source of the problem. But it really does nohing for your emotional state, as these emotions stay bottled up inside of you. These lyrics sort of brought me to the realization that it really isn't a healthy way to live.

Just my thoughts. Care to share yours?

**sorry if this post seems mushy or whatever, but I would imagine alot of INTPs aren't healthy in this respect**

·
Registered
815 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have much to add but I do agree. It is as if I am forced to analyzing emotions. On the bright side, I do a decent amount of feeling too so I can't say that I am not "in touch with my emotions".

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Jung's "active imagination" is a good way to analyze emotions. In essence, Jung suggests allowing your unconscious impulses (emotions) into your mind through intuition and just be with them. They will tell you exactly what they mean, where they come from and how to deal with them.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Jung's "active imagination" is a good way to analyze emotions. In essence, Jung suggests allowing your unconscious impulses (emotions) into your mind through intuition and just be with them. They will tell you exactly what they mean, where they come from and how to deal with them.
"Active imagination" my ass.
That's meditation.

And, I can say from experience, meditation has made it much easier to feel AND analyze my emotions more adequately.
I went from being a complete T in highschool and now sit happily on the 50/50 of T/F. Unfortunately, this makes me really quarky and odd to others, but I can't say I much give a fuck. I'm happy.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I get really depressed if I analyze away reality. Even though I have persuaded myself rationally I can't be happy until I've honestly come to terms with experience. There's an acute emptiness. I won't be able to sleep or be in a good mood. I just kinda stopped living in denial and face it. I don't get away with it most of the time.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I do not like my emotions. As a type 8, my emotions are quite overwhelming and usually has a basis of anger.

Unfortunately my anger is 'hot' and it controls me. Recently I have been training myself to use 'cold' anger so I can control it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So then... Why are you posting in a forum full of what may be one of, if not the most, logical and analytical of all the types? Well, what say you?

·
Registered
689 Posts
facepalm.jpg
Easy...as in?
Eh, I was more referring to your obvious dispositions to lack of reason.
Even when someone is obviously joking, you still question "Why?"

In short: I don't need a reason. :laughing:
Emotion is but a cloud, fog even. A mist that defers proper judgment for the sake of human nature. Necessary only to appear normal to others.
Nevermind that human nature is what binds us.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Eh, I was more referring to your obvious dispositions to lack of reason.
Even when someone is obviously joking, you still question "Why?"

In short: I don't need a reason. :laughing:

Nevermind that human nature is what binds us.
How do you know for certainty we didn't get the joke? What if I were trolling you back?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts