Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had an explosion of feelings and had to stop for a minute so you could separate them all and figure out the motives or reasoning behind each one?

I'll go into a bit more detail. Yesterday my boyfriend (ENTP) and I became "official." Now I really have almost no relationship experience but he has plenty of it. And so, since this is all completely new for me, it was really scary. And yet extremely happy. And exciting. And almost magical. I've never had someone so head over heels in love with me and I've never felt that way about anyone else. So all of yesterday (we spent the whole day together), my mind was whirring constantly, all of these feelings would pop into me like popcorn before I had time to figure them out. It was extremely exhausting!! I feel similarly when I'm performing in a play or having a very deep conversation with a friend.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is this what being a feeler is?? How do you all deal with it??

·
Registered
544 Posts
That's what being in love is. This is nothing experienced only by feelers, everyone gets that crazy high when they realize the other person loves them back. Granted, in other types it might possibly be downplayed faster over time. But for just about every single person on the planet, that moment when the relationship is real and both parties are in love is incredibly intense.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Usually, I just ride the wave until it's over. I'm not very good at controlling strong emotions, especially ones that are overwhelming me. Instead, I try to preemptively keep my emotions under control before they turn into a massive tidal wave, or at least, try to hold back until I'm somewhere private.

I don't tend to get constantly bombarded like you describe very frequently. However, if I'm stuck like that for several days, I usually go physically exhaust myself so I don't have enough energy to feel anything other than tired. It helps give my body and brain a break from the bombardment.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Thinking about emotions is dwelling on them. Dwelling on emotions causes us to experience them more intensely, both for negative and positive ones.

Enjoy it though. Euphoria is a pretty rare emotion to get at.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is euphoria? I freaking love it!! I've never had it described that way before but it totally fits. I guess that means I'm meant to be an actress since it's the only other time I feel euphoric.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
This is euphoria? I freaking love it!! I've never had it described that way before but it totally fits. I guess that means I'm meant to be an actress since it's the only other time I feel euphoric.
Normally, I try to talk people down from emotional states, but in this case, I say caress the crap out of it until you find yourself awake in bed as the sun starts peeking up and your still are enjoying the indulgent nostalgia. There's nothing quite like holding on to that morning dream.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts