Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Every now and then I hit a dark spot, it usually took a week or more to snap back, but I've been trying "mood enhancers" or what not and it seems to help, kind of like Keynesian economics tho. I pop a 5-htp and/or a St. Johns Wort, and I can snap back within a day or two. It takes it from #$%@!!!!!!! to a ah, damn, which is just enough for me to pull myself out. It could be a placebo, but it helps me out at times. I don't feel really happy when I take it, but it allows me to start shifting to positive. Especially, when I get what I guess OCD like urges it helps numb that and lift me up a bit. I'm still depressed, still not there but, it turns a bad day into a bad day and not a week and keeps me from doing something stupid to snap back.

Reactions: Ray Mabry

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Have you ever looked into cyclothymia, ray? It sounds like we have about the same problem and that's my best guess for it. It's interesting we found about the same solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.