Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sometimes I'll develop a crush on someone and I will leap into my imagination and fly away into a whole new world with that person. I'll have multiple heartfelt conversations with them and spend numerous idealistic days with them. All in my head.

Has this ever happened with you guys? And if so, what gave you the courage to step out of your imagination and act on your crushes? Did the other person seem to sort-of know about your feelings towards them? Or feel free to discuss any randomly related things when it comes to love, crushes, phases you go through , etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
definitely happens to me. happens even after i've started talking to the person. i'll think of all the crazy experiences we'll have, traveling together, what our lives could be like, everything. but it's all very idealistic, almost like a long montage. back when it's still the crush stage though, what gets me to act in reality is just the want of what i imagine. it's so good in my head that eventually it eats at me until i force myself to stop sitting around daydreaming my life away. by the point that happens though the person usually knows i have a thing for them, and usually i know they have an interest in me as well. doesn't always work out great, but on the plus side i've usually thought of tons of fun dates we could go on by the time the first one happens, so the first one is usually pretty awesome :tongue:

·
Banned
111 Posts
Hahaha, so true of me. o uo
The kinds of people I have crushes on, though, are very intelligent and have good intuition.
And when I have a crush on someone--it's usually after we've been talking a while. I have to say, so far I've been lucky enough that the feelings have always been mutual.

Reactions: CuritadeRana

·
Banned
656 Posts
Crushes are fun food for the mind. I have male and female crushes (much like the man crush that was hilariously played out in one of the Friends episodes) I will just focus on some wonderful quirk or nice quality about the person which many times helps foster a nice platonic bond between me and them IRL. Very few people can resist a person that is generating that much positive energy and thought about you. It does sometimes makes things a bit akward on the other hand because other people pick up on this and they want to make things more than what they are which really disappoints me because then I have to be super concientious of my behavior and pull back. This usually happens in the work environment because obvoisly co-workers don't have enough work to do and are bored in their real lives.:dry:

When I am attracted to someone (outside of the workplace and other places/situations where it is not appropriate or make sense to start a relationship) I do the necessary "background" check (are they married, etc...) and put myself out there. When you are an adult you will find that more often than not people want to explore the possibilities of their being more. Many times you will find that there are other circumstances coming into play that foster a rejection to such an invitation that have nothing to do with you personally. That was an important lesson I learned because honestly there is only so much self-improvement one can do on oneself without becoming some sort of wierd science experiment :laughing:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Sometimes I'll develop a crush on someone and I will leap into my imagination and fly away into a whole new world with that person. I'll have multiple heartfelt conversations with them and spend numerous idealistic days with them. All in my head.

Has this ever happened with you guys? And if so, what gave you the courage to step out of your imagination and act on your crushes? Did the other person seem to sort-of know about your feelings towards them? Or feel free to discuss any randomly related things when it comes to love, crushes, phases you go through , etc.
I'd have to say yes to the first part. I always seem to play a lot of scenarios in my mind, I practically live in my head. I'm constantly in a state of daydreaming.

As to the second part, I've only ever told two people about me having feelings for them. Both times it was mutual...but it did not go so well. I don't do so well with this types of things, I suppose. Both times they were really shocked by me having feelings for them, because they said I came off as aloof(which is not my intention). What gave me the courage? I'm not sure. I'm a very shy person and I keep a lot to myself. I think a lot before actually doing something. I suppose I just decided to risk a little in order to gain a little. But you can't always win, eh. I'm okay with that. :) The more I think about it, the more I feel I am just not meant for anyone. But this doesn't bother me. I think I do much better on my own.

Reactions: The Spotless Mind

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well, I hope this is normal because I dive into fantasy every so often. It's always in my mind of course but there is conversation, flirting, situations and believe it or not, feeling. There are real life "crushes" but most times they are still up there on the fantasy level. People I may have met a couple times are good fodder for this type of fantasy mainly because I don't know them well. Sometimes, as they say, "...fantasy is better than reality." I've also noticed in most cases "crushes" are very one-sided...otherwise 2 people would act on it and form friendships or relationships.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I find I'm fantasizing about this stuff all the time.... but I am a bit of a hopeless romantic.

Being a guy my advice might not work out as well. For most guys (I'm assuming you're straight) there is a rule that says "if you think she likes you, she doesn't" on the other hand when we know that you like us, we know. So I would say it's safe to say that he doesn't know about your feelings. As for the courage thing... I put sticky notes saying "if you don't ask, the answer will always be no." and eventually I summed up enough courage.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Even an INFP can agree and understand!!!! Never had the courage to act on it, regrettably. Put him too high on a pedestal till he was out of my reach.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I get day crushes all the time, there aren't many guys I work/study with that I haven't gotten all giggly and goofy around at one time or another. But with those it's out of sight, out of mind. After being with them I don't really think about them until I see them again.
As for the non-ephemeral ones, for someone to really infiltrate my thoughts and have me imagining scenarios and looking forward to seeing them again - that's more rare. I've had less than a dozen serious crushes and they can take a year to get over. Oddly enough I usually start out not really liking those guys and then have a moment (or dream) that catches me off guard when I realize I'm attracted to them and then get weird and nervous around them...oh dear...the blushing...and then they're all I think about

·
Registered
124 Posts
I do this. I don't have crushes very often, but once in a while there will be some amazingly adorable extrovert lingering around a class I have, or something of that sort, and I can't help but notice him.

I never act on them...in fact, quite the opposite...I pretty much avoid them.

A couple of months ago I met this guy who was pretty amazing, and we talked for about an hour or two, and I didn't keep track of the time so when I finally saw my class had started I rushed off, and had forgotten to give him my phone number when he asked for it, thinking I would just give it to him before I left.

He was very charming, in a cute nerdy sort of way. It was great. He liked just about everything I liked as well.

I saw him again, I didn't even say hi to him or anything. I don't know why I did that, but I decided at least now he'll always be perfect in my mind.

Reactions: hizumi

·
Registered
117 Posts

Oh gods don't remind me. That happened to me whilst working on a project with a guy last year, spoke to him for barely a few minutes and I developed this amazing crush on him (the way he spoke, he's intelligent - and he's cute too hahaha).

I try my best to live my life with no regrets, so I spoke to him.... a month later I think. Ends up he's already attached so....

In any case, long story short the crush was having a negative effect on my work (broke down and cried once), so decided to just focus on myself and do stuff. Right now it's more than half a year. I still see him at group gatherings and while I still have residual feelings, I do realize now that we're not a good match (i keep telling myself that), and just move on with life.

GW

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is it just me or are all INFJs attracted to people with "I-have-a-broken-soul-heal-me!" kinda of aura? There's just something about angst-y guy characters that make me want to hug/love/heal them and all that jazz.
Heh. sounds like me. But it's not healthy. Logically, it's best to find a mate that gives both partners in the relationship a possibility of growth. A looking after heal me relationship.... well to be honest I don't know. I'm 32, and single since... forever :D

GW

·
Registered
124 Posts
Relate.!! XD

I always imagine about me-and-him doing different things.... that is impossible ... *Cough*

AND NO. Definitely No. The heck I will step out from my imagination~
....Being in a relationship is a hassle. (Unless I'm sure its mutual.) :D

Is it just me or are all INFJs attracted to people with "I-have-a-broken-soul-heal-me!" kinda of aura? There's just something about angst-y guy characters that make me want to hug/love/heal them and all that jazz.
Same~!
I tend to have huge crushes on guys who have a "I-have-a-broken-soul-heal-me!" aura! ....
They give this "Mysterious" feeling... More or so it feels good to love them. :3

But I was wondering that too~...
How in the world am I attracted to guys who have that kind of aura?...
.... All I know is that maybe because I can also understand their feeling of loneliness. Hehe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is nice to step into a dreamworld with the person you like / love and fantasise about a journey with love and understanding (and: in the background: a nice soft song about love)....

In this journey I often heal her and show her what life is all about....and I learn a lot from her too...

Too bad, they are just fantasies in the end. I do not tell women that I dream that way about them.... just wonder how they would react, if they knew...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well I had two INFJ's that were into me but I'm more the smart, independent, got my own thing going on type, so I guess some of them are into that too.

I don't like how girls try to date guys that they want to fix/heal or what not. It usually doesn't end well and he ends up just being an asshole and then they break up and then she cries and complains about how she did everything for him and nothing she does is good enough. You can't imagine how many girls I've come across in college who are having this type of conversation with their girlfriend after breaking up with a guy. Yet girls continue to date guys they try to "fix" instead of guys who aren't broken to begin with. I don't really get it and can't really feel sorry for them. Sorry, I may have gone off on a tangent and that might not necessarily have been what you were referring to.

·
Registered
517 Posts

Cartoon Pony Horse Animated cartoon Illustration "eu-yep"

1 - 20 of 61 Posts