Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys,

So, from a few INFP vids I've been watching, a fair number of them have indicated in some way that weed is something they like to do and they believe that lots of INFPs feel the same way about here.

As someone with some degree of experience, I have a few questions I wanna ask you guys about smoking up - partly because I'm very interested in INFPs as well.

There was a similar tread back in 2010, but with the legalisation of weed across so many countries and the world becoming generally more "liberal" with many things, I wanna get some fresh perspective.

First of, do you smoke weed and what is your consumption like, meaning how often do you smoke and when you do, how much do you smoke?
Do you prefer to smoke alone or is it something you'd only do with friends and the right company like in parties?
Outside of reaching a more relaxed and high state, what is your purpose of smoking up - like enhancing creativity, inducing better sleep, more vivid experiences like going to the cinema or sex, or just to pass the time?
When did you pick up the habit and do you have any intentions of slowing down, especially if you're with company who sees no problem with it?
Would you prefer your partner to be a fellow stoner as well? If so, would you be affected by his/her level of consumption so long as he/she keeps his/her priorities in check?
Outside of weed, do you consume any other kinds of drugs?
Thanks again for your feedback.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I don't smoke weed, I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't do drugs, I don't have a gf and I've never had sex, and I drink minimal alcohol.

If I want to poison myself, I do it with music, anime/TV shows/movies, games and delicious food.

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
Well.

I smoked weed when i was young (not regularly, but sometimes occassionaly). My best friend was a dealer, so i could sometimes smoke for free. But because i was young and because it was my own choiche to don't smoke at home or alone (because i was afraid of psychological addiction), it was only when i was with him that I smoked. So probably 1/week (but more like coma-drinking/bingedrinking. So once in a week i smoked a lot.). I smoked 1,5 years, and i think i don't smoke weed for 2 years, however there are times i smoke sometimes one joint (but maybe every three months now).

I do believe weed stills the pain (makes pain less hard), and is also a wonderful sleep middle. It makes you also creative. I just did it for relaxation. I don't need it, because i don't weed to be creative, dreamy and happy. But i think there are situations where it could be useful.

I support the legalisation of medical weed and also recreative weed with the condition that driving while you are under the influence has to be punished. I think alcohol usage, smoking and even sugar (lots of sugar) is potentially more dangerous then cannabis without the tabac (otherwise you have the effects of smoking to). If there has to be one thing banned, then it's alcohol, because it is dangerous. You can be physically as mentally addicted to it, and you are prone to direct brain damage (your cerebellum would be heavily damaged after problematic usage). The cerebbelum is responsible for reaction time and balance. And you can see that because you wiggles after you drunk or you have a slower reaction time while you drives.

So, i don't make a big deal of it, and support legalization openly. There are more healthy things then smoking cannabis (it's like using medication when you have no problems) but the world is prone to pure hypocrisy if alcohol is permitted and cannabis not. I don't say either alcohol has to be forbidden (but maybe it has to be impossible to consume large quantities, and it has to be a minimum age of 18 or 21). And drinks like wodka has to be forbidden. But a bit of alcohol is not harschful, and could have a positieve effect on being open or extraverted. But just like always: use with a little bit responsability.

Reactions: KC

·
Retired Administrator
16,955 Posts
I don't smoke weed. So N/A.

I wouldn't want to date a stoner. I have family members who are and have grown up around it. I don't like being around it. I am tolerant of people who do use it, but it can be really annoying to me to be around people intoxicated by it.

I would prefer not to consume any kind of psychotropic substance regularly, however I do consume some legal drugs (caffeine, alcohol etc.).

Ultimately, in my experience it seems to either be part of a lifestyle or else some kind of fun experimenting--and I'm not interested in either. I am completely familiar with what goes into the stoner lifestyle, and also of "sheltered" people who think of drugs as a fun way to enjoy life and try new things, or whatever, and neither are desirable to me.

It is also a substance people can become dependent on, though perhaps not as physically addicting as some other substances.

But anyway--it's not my place to say that using weed as part of your lifestyle is wrong. Certainly everyone is an individual and will make choices reflecting their own individual wants/needs etc. And I also know people who consume it for medicinal reasons (like to help prevent glaucoma), and respect them. I just, perhaps because of my upbringing around it, do not like to be around it or want it to be part of my life.

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
Personally I do think alcohol and cafeine is way more destructive then cannabis. @Meltedsorbet

Reactions: WickerDeer and KC

·
Retired Administrator
16,955 Posts
Personally I do think alcohol and cafeine is way more destructive then cannabis. @Meltedsorbet
I don't doubt alcohol is more destructive.

Edit: I also want to say I apologize to anyone if my post seems rude, unwelcoming, or intolerant. Many friends I've had are fine with weed--it's pretty common where I live. I am not trying to look down on it.

It's my personal issue that I dislike being around it. People can use it responsibly, I suppose, but it's not something I would welcome into my life, personally. I have no problem with people who partake, most of the time. I also would not want to shame anyone or make them feel bad--we all have different lives and reasons for our decisions.

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
I understand. But I want to note that people who use cannabis are just like me & you people who wants to be appreciated in society and sometimes there is a reason behind their use: p.e. "vulnerability" or "suffering from pain". They aren't criminals in my opinion. But i think that heavy drug users have to be taken in rehabitalation. Even people locked up in prison are mostly people with feelings and a heart or sick.

Reactions: KC and WickerDeer

·
Retired Administrator
16,955 Posts
I understand. But I want to note that people who use cannabis are just like me & you people who wants to be appreciated in society and sometimes there is a reason behind their use: p.e. "vulnerability" or "suffering from pain". They aren't criminals in my opinion. But i think that heavy drug users have to be taken in rehabitalation. Even people locked up in prison are people with feelings and a heart. Maybe they are sick, and they need to be punished and be treated (with the focus on the treatment) but i'm speaking for small crimes.
Many of my family members are cannabis users, and I don't believe that they should be arrested or harassed because of it. In fact, many very functional people use cannabis regularly. It's quite common to have a license not only to use, but also to grow, where I live and there are plenty of people from all walks of life who do.

The laws are kind of tenuous because employers can still discriminate against people who use it, and technically it is still illegal while being legal (federally illegal while legal by state).

One example of discrimination, I know, is a man who had a prescription for it for his auto-immune disorder. He was taking it medicinally and had no problem with his track-record of employment, but his job decided to drug test and so he was disqualified EVEN having a doctor's prescription and a disease he was using it to treat. And it's not like his job was really responsible for safety etc. I find that hypocritical and invasive, and one of the problems with the way the current laws work.

I certainly know what it is like to feel ashamed or belittled because of a lifestyle choice or an addiction, and do not want to perpetuate some stereotypes about cannabis users, which I realized I may have done by using the term "stoner" and suggesting I know all about the "lifestyle." Certainly everyone is different. I wouldn't want to contribute to people thinking poorly about themselves for using it.

I agree with you that it is not a violent crime--and probably one of the most insignificant "offenses" in the states and places where it is illegal.

I am just kind of resentful about my childhood etc. And a bit envious of some others (which is totally ridiculous, I know). My choice not to be in a relationship with someone who uses cannabis is not because I do not appreciate them or believe they are inherently different as people, but because it is an influence that I feel would be to my detriment (plus reminds me of things that bother me unreasonably--feelings from the past etc). It is a reflection of personal bias and vulnerability, and not on what is right or wrong in the greater political or social context or on anyone's value as a person.

Edit: And I also hope that legalizing marijuana will prove to curb some of the violence around the trafficking and production of it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First of, do you smoke weed and what is your consumption like, meaning how often do you smoke and when you do, how much do you smoke?
Yeah. It varies, on average probably once or twice a week. I've gone weeks in a row without smoking and weeks where I've smoked everyday. My housemates smoke every night pretty much, so it can be hard to resist the urge.

Do you prefer to smoke alone or is it something you'd only do with friends and the right company like in parties?
I never smoke alone. I usually smoke with my housemates or when I'm in a friends house. If I'm in a club where it's okay and I haven't drank too much I'll smoke with friends.

Outside of reaching a more relaxed and high state, what is your purpose of smoking up - like enhancing creativity, inducing better sleep, more vivid experiences like going to the cinema or sex, or just to pass the time?
All of these, plus the social aspect of it is also.

When did you pick up the habit and do you have any intentions of slowing down, especially if you're with company who sees no problem with it?
I first started when I was very young, like 14 or 15 and it was been pretty tame up until the last few years. I'm 23 now, I'd say since I've been 19 or 20 I've been smoking regularly. No intentions of slowing down tbh, all my friends are cool with it and I'd probably avoid the company of anyone who did have a problem with it (edit: I don't mind people who don't like being around the actual smoking of it btw, it's more if people are morally against it or if they have a lower opinion of me because I or my friends smoke). I do know some people who use weed and getting high as a way of justifying doing nothing else with their time, if I ever got to this point of even close I'd seriously consider stopping altogether.

Would you prefer your partner to be a fellow stoner as well? If so, would you be affected by his/her level of consumption so long as he/she keeps his/her priorities in check?
I wouldn't mind it, but it's in no way essential. I'd imagine my consumption would change to mirror their consumption habits. Although if they smoke everyday I'd probably try to cut down after a while.

Yes.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I have enough fun with alcohol (for some weird reason it makes me creative and gives me the munchies...), plus it's something that can get you fired as a teacher. I might want to try an edible some lazy summer day, but it's not a pressing issue.

I don't personally have anything against weed/weed smokers, although I wish it didn't smell like skunk. Generally speaking as long as you don't hurt others with your vice, it's all good. It's be interesting working in Portland; instead of passing glass shops (Mary's House of Glass, wonder what that's for :wink:) now I pass signs for $79 ounces. It took me a while to connect the dots on that one :D.

·
Registered
712 Posts

I've only tried weed a few times and it did nothing to me. So, it was pointless to keep at it. I guess this kind of defeats the purpose of answering the rest of the questions, but I'll do it anyway.

If I'd do it semi-regularly, alone or with my also semi-regularly smoking SO would be most preferable. Or with people I know I can trust not to screw me over, play pranks on me if I get really high or who just wouldn't do really stupid stuff when high and get in trouble when I'm around them.

I didn't reach any kind of state. And it's not from lack of trying. Weed did absolutely nothing to me that I could consider different from my normal state. I did it with other smokers around, and it had a clear effect on them, so the problem was with me, not the potency of the herb.

If I did smoke, I'd obviously like to experience all the positive effects and none of the possible negative effects.

I wanted to try it, and the opportunity presented itself. If it had become a habit, which I highly doubt, I'd probably keep going.

If I smoked, then probably yes. Since I don't, probably no. My ex smoked daily, and it became a problem. I don't want to go through anything like that ever again, so my tolerance to weak stoners who can't keep their priorities in check is pretty much zero.

If they were strong enough to definitely control their consumption, I'd probably be more relaxed about it, and occasionally even join them.

Sugar.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Edit: I also want to say I apologize to anyone if my post seems rude, unwelcoming, or intolerant. Many friends I've had are fine with weed--it's pretty common where I live. I am not trying to look down on it.
For me what you've said thus far comes from a pretty fair point.

Again, many stoners are accountable for poor behavior and the media's portrayal of smokers constantly messing up has painted a pretty negative picture for most people who haven't tried it. I don't necessarily believe that weed makes bad people but more on bad people are often attracted to weed.

Discarding the gangbangers and gamer kids who live on Doritos who do nothing else, if more doctors, lawyers, accountants, programmers, reputable businessmen, consultants, and even firemen and police officers came out and said they were stoners, minds would change faster.

I am just kind of resentful about my childhood etc.
Sorry to hear that. Really sad that sometimes this thing that we can enjoy so much has been used to cause hurt for so many people at the same time because of abuse.

If it's any consolation, if my partner felt that way because of something in her past, I would seriously consider slowing down or even stopping down completely for her sake. Some things are worth giving it up for.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I smoked it socially in adolescence (12-15) and it never did much except give me panic attacks and depersonalization. I think I've had only one pleasant experience with it.

·
Retired Administrator
16,955 Posts
For me what you've said thus far comes from a pretty fair point.

Again, many stoners are accountable for poor behavior and the media's portrayal of smokers constantly messing up has painted a pretty negative picture for most people who haven't tried it. I don't necessarily believe that weed makes bad people but more on bad people are often attracted to weed.

Discarding the gangbangers and gamer kids who live on Doritos who do nothing else, if more doctors, lawyers, accountants, programmers, reputable businessmen, consultants, and even firemen and police officers came out and said they were stoners, minds would change faster.

Sorry to hear that. Really sad that sometimes this thing that we can enjoy so much has been used to cause hurt for so many people at the same time because of abuse.

If it's any consolation, if my partner felt that way because of something in her past, I would seriously consider slowing down or even stopping down completely for her sake. Some things are worth giving it up for.
Thanks! Yes--the last think I want to do is make people feel pain for their vulnerabilities. And the media portrayal is not at all accurate.

The other aspect of this is that I am not some kind of beacon of self-control and sobriety. I know that there are some things people can change about their susceptibility to addiction, but it's also kind of unknown what role genetics play in it and family history, or just biology.

Part of the reason why I would discriminate is because avoiding being around various substances and those influences is one thing I can do to avoid succumbing to addiction. If I was some kind of perfect designated driver type of person, then I would love it. But I know myself enough to realize that it is not my strength.

I think that lifestyle choices can be a reflection on values sometimes--sometimes we can make choices against our values and want to work towards changing. But it's something I would look at in terms of compatible values. People shouldn't have to change their lives for a romantic partner IMO, but because that is what they want in their life. I wouldn't want to change my lifestyle that i was happy with and was ideal for me for a romantic partner.

Also--thank you for your sympathy, but it's not some horrible thing from my past! Mostly just silly resentment and my effort towards self-development. But you are right--many different types of people with different values can use a substance, and some of them are going to engage in poor behavior regardless. I would say the vast majority of people I've known who use cannabis are people who have a lot of beneficial qualities they can offer society, friends, and also romantic partners.

·
Banned
2,266 Posts
Sup guys,

So, from a few INFP vids I've been watching, a fair number of them have indicated in some way that weed is something they like to do and they believe that lots of INFPs feel the same way about here.

As someone with some degree of experience, I have a few questions I wanna ask you guys about smoking up - partly because I'm very interested in INFPs as well.

There was a similar tread back in 2010, but with the legalisation of weed across so many countries and the world becoming generally more "liberal" with many things, I wanna get some fresh perspective.

Thanks again for your feedback.
I smoke pot alot. Recently I made the mistake of smoking it with people I didn't know and that was disastrous. Generally I don't take such risks with substances and use them only with close friends and keep to myself.

I am highly anxious (PTSD) so pot is one of the few methods I have aside from alcohol to enjoy the company of people I might otherwise feel nervous around. Also, it's great for sleep.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I would not want someone else telling me what to do, so I don't tell others what to do.

I get that having a meth lab or a heroin habit that these are going to affect society so these should be illegal.

But growing your own dope and using it yourself seems like a right to privacy to me.

I don't smoke, and I don't chew, and I don't go with girls who do.

But I do like alcohol in moderation, and I love females with vodka on their breath. Not beer though. Beer is nasty.

Since I like to drink, that strongly believe that potheads should be able to grow and smoke their own dope. But I recommend making a tea out of it instead, because smoke is not good for your lungs.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I smoke pot alot. Recently I made the mistake of smoking it with people I didn't know and that was disastrous. Generally I don't take such risks with substances and use them only with close friends and keep to myself.

I am highly anxious (PTSD) so pot is one of the few methods I have aside from alcohol to enjoy the company of people I might otherwise feel nervous around. Also, it's great for sleep.
Sure that's fine but it smells like camel sh!t and your mouth smells like a bong when you smoke it.

Why not make a tea out of it, or like Bear Grylls use it as an enema ??

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I smoked it socially in adolescence (12-15) and it never did much except give me panic attacks and depersonalization. I think I've had only one pleasant experience with it.
Teens should not be smoking anything, neither dope nor tobacco.

Teens should be studying and learning -- reading, writing, math, science, business, typing, etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My brother smokes A LOT of weed. He smokes every day and has been since he was pretty young (he's 18 now) and my other brother smokes weed when he can get it, too (they're not INFPs though...ISTP and ISFP) but personally I've never tried it.

My view on weed is that it's pretty harmless in moderation and that it can be beneficial, but people can obviously become dependent and the stereotypical stoner isn't really doing much for it's reputation. Having said that though, my brother has a full time job, he works hard, doesn't seem to have any psychological problems due to weed, but then that might catch up with him. The thing that worries me is the fact that he goes out of his way to smoke and spends a lot of money on weed. Other than that I don't think it's a big deal, honestly. As long as people don't go crazy with it then, it's cool.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts