Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lead singer from Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate. Does anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd be curious too. I'm still kind of new to the MBTI types, but I think he's an introvert. A lot of his songs are about not fitting in (e.g. "Have you ever been alone in a crowded room?" from Dark Blue and "And there was never any place for someone like me to be totally happy" from Cavanaugh Park).

I think he's probably perceiving because the whole speech in "I'm Ready" ("When did society decide that we have to change
Or wash a T-shirt after every individual use?") seems to fit that.

He doesn't really come across as an INFP to me though (which I am). So I'm not sure. Maybe an ISFP?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I tried to figure out his type a while ago and came up with INFJ or INFP. He seems to have Fe with the way he can pump a crowd up at his live shows though so I'm leaning toward INFJ)

I think he has to be an N. One example is his song 'Revolution' has the lyric,

"And the bars are finally closed
I try living in the moment
Till the moment it just froze
And I felt sick and so alone"

Sounds like an N trying to distract himself from reality with alcohol.

Also his song 'Konstantine' is all about all his dreams of being with a girl and all future oriented. ("It's always you, In my big dreams")

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
come on, someone need to type him
it's been 6 years. wow
I'm not trying to claim him because of my own type, but it seems to me that he fits pretty squarely as an INFP or INFJ, but that's only based on his songs and performances. I lean toward INFJ on him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Die-hard Andrew McMahon fan. I'm fairly certain he's an extrovert that uses the introverted feeling function (Fi) as his secondary. As an INFP I resonate strongly with his expressions. He's very in tune with the self and his own values/the nuances of his feeling, and most of his songs have that kind of flavor, which is much more of an Fi than Fe trait.

My guess would be ENFP. He's very introspective, but also very at ease in crowds and very physically expressive. In my experience, ENFPs often have some characteristics that look like introverts. The conceptual content of his songs makes me lean towards intuitive like the rest of you all, rather than ESFP :) Also, he seems to use Si... his concerts often have certain patterns/traditions in them, and he throws in content that has a strong sentimentality to it designed to appeal to his longtime followers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts