Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a blog regarding the topic, but it isn't very scholarly and its more so me venting than anything else, but I brought up a few points I want to share here. Here is the link if you are interested, but it really isn't "required" to understand anything in this thread.
Angels and Demons: The Subconscious of our Species. - Blogs - PersonalityCafe

Please also note I am not pushing a religious agenda as I don't even believe in religion, I am just using terms from religion; namely Judeo-Christian historical names that most readers will be familiar with.

Anyways, I will begin with what I have stated numerous times throughout my postings here on PerC; I believe humanity has a deep existential insecurity that is numbed and ignored throughout the average individuals life and filled with "plastic" happiness that ultimately serves nothing more than a form of escapism from the larger abstract problem at hand; the feeling of being alone.

The urge to dominate and keep humanity "secure" from this pain in a near perfect world is usually influenced by the desire for power, thinking one is better than others in multiple fashions, assuming an almost "god given" position to rule over the rest of the apes er, I mean humans... would be what I refer to as the "Satan" complex. The name given is that Satan was once an angel and fell into earth with his fellow angels who followed him. In the first part of the Divine Comedy, Dante's Inferno, Satan is in the deepest part of hell which is frozen from his endless tears from being so alone and separate from God. Despite ruling the earth we live in, he resides in a thrown room of suffering. It's a rather sad state of mind to have. But I believe this to be in every human being; to be driven to a "divine" justified end by accomplishing means to ensure your power in one form or another.

God would thus represent the ambigious universe we reside in. We humans think ourselves a superior species because we dominate the planet. Yet, we don't know a thing about taking care of it nor do we intend on learning. Please understand I am not speaking for those of you that DO try making a difference, but most people simply don't give a damn. They just want to be apart of something greater than themselves, something humanity seems to all want to be apart.

Which brings me to my next point. Instead of trying to understand the universe and dedicating our time and squalor towards the betterment of our species, planet, and everything that resides on this rock we would rather worry about ourselves, our jobs, looking prestigious, ect... the list is different for every person but the first cause is the same. The harsh truth that everyone knows deep down is that the universe doesn't care about you or your stupid car; it was, has, and IS going to exist without you.

Can you imagine what we can accomplish if we actually functioned as a planet and not seperate nations, which in turn are divided into states and regions, which in turn is divided into different class neighborhoods, ect...? I am not saying we need a one world government, but we need a one world state of mind and to look past each others differences if we are going to see astounding progress in the future.

An angel is one who wishes to follow and explore "God" (driven by love for humanity or perhaps just mere curiosity) while a demon thinks itself superior and manipulates to get what it wants with the knowledge it has, perhaps with intended good in mind. But an angel can fall and a demon can seek reconciliation, so nothing is certain.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I believe humanity has a deep existential insecurity that is numbed and ignored throughout the average individuals life and filled with "plastic" happiness that ultimately serves nothing more than a form of escapism from the larger abstract problem at hand; the feeling of being alone.
Absolutely not, for what concerns to me.

Can you imagine what we can accomplish if we actually functioned as a planet and not seperate nations, which in turn are divided into states and regions, which in turn is divided into different class neighborhoods, ect...? I am not saying we need a one world government, but we need a one world state of mind and to look past each others differences if we are going to see astounding progress in the future.
How would you arrive to that, if not by the Satan you dislike so much?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely not, for what concerns to me.
Humans live a humdrum life of imagined importance and naive purpose. Explain to me what concerns you have that makes you so different.

How would you arrive to that, if not by the Satan you dislike so much?
The difference between my proposal and the Satan complex is that I don't desire power, even clearly stating I don't want a one world government but a one world state of mind; for humanity to work together for progress and understanding of God. I see where you were coming from, though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Humans live a humdrum life of imagined importance and naive purpose. Explain to me what concerns you have that makes you so different.
Just to saying I do not believe absolutely to what you wrote in that paragraph.

The difference between my proposal and the Satan complex is that I don't desire power, even clearly stating I don't want a one world government but a one world state of mind; for humanity to work together for progress and understanding of God. I see where you were coming from, though.
I know what you said, but I ask a second time, what is the practical road to attain that mystical one state of mind?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to saying I do not believe absolutely to what you wrote in that paragraph.
Fair enough.

I know what you said, but I ask a second time, what is the practical road to attain that mystical one state of mind?
I apologize if I came across as vague; by progress I meant technologically and scientifically as a species. You can throw in a mixed spirituality and the realization that we are all we got at the end of the day. We are the supposed "superior" species of this planet, we should damn well start acting responsible if we are to ensure our survival as a species, the survival of other species, and the overall well being of the planet (which will live on if we were ever to be wiped out by some cataclysm of nuclear war)

We would actually put more effort into bettering ourselves to help not JUST ourselves, but humanity and the future generations by making discoveries and helping venture into the unknown frontier. War is just a feeble attempt at gaining power, so that would immediately be seen as a pointless endeavor of showing who has the bigger cock.

We would potentially discover new laws of physics, be able to discover cures for diseases deemed uncurable, and live in a near utopian society without delegated officials given so much power to make the decisions for us. Realistically, that won't ever happen in this lifetime. But it potentially can happen once people learn to take a stand.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I apologize if I came across as vague; by progress I meant technologically and scientifically as a species. You can throw in a mixed spirituality and the realization that we are all we got at the end of the day. We are the supposed "superior" species of this planet, we should damn well start acting responsible...
No apologies needed, just not take offense but you still avoided my question.

Or, maybe you think after a certain threshold of scientific progress we will become enlightened like, approximately, in that old book The Celestine Prophecy (I think you would like it).

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No apologies needed, just not take offense but you still avoided my question.

Or, maybe you think after a certain threshold of scientific progress we will become enlightened like, approximately, in that old book The Celestine Prophecy (I think you would like it).
Hmm. How did I avoid the question? Essentially yes, I believe we would become enlightened like given that we would be working for the greater good of our species and trying to understand "God" as I described. I'll look into that Celestine Prophecy.. it sounds interesting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts