Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INFPs!
From my own personal experience, it is far too easy to suppress my anger and frustration rather than addressing it. I say, "next time" and attempt to ignore it.

However,
These things build up over time and I can't help but notice I am becoming a little bit unstable.
When people annoy me now, I get rather tense and think about what I would do if they did it again. I may smile, eyes, wide open, yet inside, there is a fierce fire, waiting to burn the next person to provoke it. I might start laughing a little bit and twitching, and it may take 20 minutes for me to cool down.

Is this just me?
If it isn't, can you please share your experiences with anger, frustration and annoyance?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's not just you! :frustrating: Before I got into meditation, 20 minutes to cool down would be a pretty good time for me, haha. I consider it not worth the potential confrontation, or it would be a bother to express my annoyance. Why bother with such a small offense? Until I notice a pattern or experience the same annoyance from different people in a short period of time. Then the brooding gets real.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad I am not the only one. But it still is worrying though, how I can switch within an instant. I feel that if I explode, it would be good because people would see what I have been bottling up. However, the problem with that is that I really don't want to hurt people or cause damage beyond repair.

P.S, Thank you for replying. I don't post often, but when I do, the posts are usually overlooked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you experienced the wrath of an INFP, or do you experience this too? (You, being an ESTP)

P.S, I hope you get the rain you are looking for.

·
Registered
347 Posts
When it becomes something I can't suppress or distract myself with, I will write down my anger triggers somewhere safe. If I know people genuinely care about how I'm doing and won't tell me I'm too sensitive, I will explain the details that lead to me feeling frustrated. I know it is a real problem when my body physically shuts down and I have no energy left to function, at that point I will ask people if it is okay I vent my anger and that it isn't directed at anybody I choose to vent with (because they don't make me angry anyways). I used to just bottle it all in until I exploded, but I learned I am not doing myself or people who care about me a favor by doing so. People who care want to know if I'm not doing well. If all else fails screaming in to a pillow or intense exercise helps.

In general though if there's something I can't avoid that truly makes me angry, I will put in my headphones or play a game on my cell phone until I get space to unwind in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts