Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that it's practically impossible for me to stay mad at someone for too long. And it's not because I'm a forgiving person, I just don't have the will to care enough and actually stay angry. Because as quick as I want to kill someone who (lets say) ditched me if I had gotten ready to do something with them, is as quick as I'm able to forget all about it. And if it's REALLY bad, then I'll just try to mess with them by teasing.

It's more like (and this is only for things that are really worth getting mad over) 'oh, you think you can do that to me? I know you want me to bug out now, get mad or something. But I'm going to do the exact opposite, blow your mind with my mouth, and confuse you just to mess with you for fun"

What do other ENTP's think?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can't hold grudges. And it really ticks me off sometimes. But I just can't do it. And I suppose that's ultimately for the better.
Though, when I DO get really angry, I tend to let it all out in a burst of rage and things tend to get broken.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Like other people said, sometimes I try really, really, really hard to hold a grudge or stay mad at someone. But I can't. I'm not sure whether it's because I don't care or because I realize how insignificant what happened is.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I honestly can't stay angry at somebody for very long unless it is something VERY serious they did. One thing I can't tolerate and will f up my impression of you is if you make fun of my mother (who has been fighting cancer)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Anger is such an ugly emotion. I just laugh instead. My best friend tried to steal a girlfriend and I just laughed and told him "good luck". People are going to do what they are going to do. No need to get angry about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i get angry in bursts. nothing can make me stay mad at a person for more than a minute or so. nothing. and i know, ive tried. lol its kinda rediculous really, people question me so much about how i come off as such an angry person but am not actually angry, and i just dont have an explination for them haha

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
This all sounds about right. However, when I'm furious (which rarely happens, I must add), things get bad. I throw stuff at walls, yell, I poured a soda on a guy once, stuff like that. (I'm not violent, I swear) but it never lasts long.

Usually I just get mildly irritated, which results in me becoming cold, sarcastic, and pwning the argument or whatever.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't get angry over anything serious.

It's more of the small, unexplained occurences that always seem to happen. They frustrate me for up to two minutes. The kind of things that make you feel like a SIMS character who has a twisted teenager sabotaging your life in very minor ways. I.e. I became very ambitious about cooking one week, drove out for a bunch of quality ingredients, loaded my fridge and went to sleep. During the night, the refrigerator stopped cooling and instead super-heated everything in it, and then went back to normal. No rational cause, no problem since. <-- Grinds me gears (for up to two minutes).

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
This all sounds about right. However, when I'm furious (which rarely happens, I must add), things get bad. I throw stuff at walls, yell, I poured a soda on a guy once, stuff like that. (I'm not violent, I swear) but it never lasts long.

Usually I just get mildly irritated, which results in me becoming cold, sarcastic, and pwning the argument or whatever.
Glad someone else gets cranky! I have a tendency to just explode sometimes and will usually just avoid whoever it is that has really wronged me. Long story short.. If you make me cranky, you will definitely know about it!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've seen too many ill effects of anger to allow myself to vent it. If i feel angry, i'll talk it out with someone i trust, or spend time to myself until I make a decision. Usually, I try to pinpoint what I'm angry about, and once I do that, i decide what to do about it. Let say its disappointment in a friend or friends. If they're being lame, I give them space

Its important not to just FORGET about what makes you angry, because then you are setting yourself up for worse episodes when the problem repeats itselfl. If there is anything worse than something htat pisses you off, its that it happens repeatedly. You have to ponder it long enough to figure out what to do next time, otherwise you're a lighted fuse. When i say dont just forget, i dont mean hold a grudge...i mean try to calmly make a firm decision about the matter. Once you do that, the anger subsides anyway. Anger is for people that dont make firm decisions about things.

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
and you can be talking? you hold grudges all the time.
If you knew how to seperate the term "grudge" and never forgetting, you wouldn't have said that. Stop stalking my posts.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It takes a lot to make me truly angry, and when that happens I explode. But I rarely hold on to that anger; what's the point?

The little stuff, I tend to laugh it off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts