Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was this guy in my camp this summer who didn't have a lot to say, but when he did, he released a torrent. He was debating something with a couple of other campers. I wasn't there, but I heard people who just talked to him say "why is Alex always so ANGRY? You know, we were just trying to have a normal conversation, and he gets so belligerent about it!" After adding him on facebook and looking through the personality type app, he was ENTJ. I've always thought he wasn't really angry, but he was more unrelenting about his points and wouldn't let anyone get off saying things he thinks are wrong. Am I right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I only get angry when the other person won't let me finish my statements and just interrupts with (literally or something to the effect of), "blah blah blah." In those cases, yes, I do get angry...very, very angry. :proud:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
I only get angry when the other person won't let me finish my statements and just interrupts with (literally or something to the effect of), "blah blah blah." In those cases, yes, I do get angry...very, very angry. :proud:
The confirmed ENTJ that I know is guilty of exactly that. However, she gets mad when anyone else does it to her. /facepalm/

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I'm always told I'm being angry when I'm not and when I am angry it's usually in a more bitchy, rude, sarcastic way. I don't want to debate in that mood in fear of my emotions getting the better of me and saying something I regret. Apparently that's how ESFPs handle anger lol.

If someone says I'm angry while I'm debating then I end up angry ಠ_ಠ

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm always told I'm being angry when I'm not and when I am angry it's usually in a more bitchy, rude, sarcastic way. I don't want to debate in that mood in fear of my emotions getting the better of me and saying something I regret. Apparently that's how ESFPs handle anger lol.

If someone says I'm angry while I'm debating then I end up angry ಠ_ಠ
Haha. It happens with me too. With my parents, I'm significantly more argumentative, and my dad's like: "Dude! Stop getting angry!" (as if that dismisses my point). At that point, I go: I'M NOT GETTING ANGRY. Wonderful irony.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
It depends. Sometimes I am just loud and overbearing which gives the impression of angry. I think my close friends can tell when I'm really angry because I literally start fuming.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I never get angry. I'm calm, collective, stubborn, and relentless.

You can add in frustrated whenever the four above traits aren't cutting it.

The only time I get angry is whenever someone makes it personal.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
yes, but my anger is directed only towards myself. A feeling that i'm not good enough even if by somebody else's standards I am. It's VERY hard to do as I always do my best to keep cool-headed but if somebody continually pushes the wrong buttons, I will just let my instincts take over & go ballistic.

"Content, but never satisfied" is one of my favourite quotes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am actually quite passionate (which doesn't seem very common with NT's) so people think that I'm getting angry when I'm really just getting...involved in an argument. Sometimes I do get angry, but I don't burst...I kick back and plan a revenge.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I can be angry if someone tries to punk one of my beloveds. My motto is "if you have the guts to do what you did, then I sure as hell will have the guts to stand up for myself(or others)" As much as anger can be fun, it's never is, so therefore 80% of the time I self-soothe myself out of it.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,705 Posts
You know what really sucks?

When you're not angry, but someone starts insisting you are. (This would piss off anyone imo -- who wants to be told how they feel?) And then, they treat you being pissed off as confirmation that you were in fact angry all along.

:frustrating:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't get easily angry in a debate, as long as the other person treats me the way I treat him/her (I remain calm and always listen to the other person's statements before I express mine). When someone interrupts me, gets ironic, avoids to use arguments to back-up his/her sayings, insults me in any kind of way or tries to humiliate me I get really angry. I have made people cry in the past and I can do it again if other people don't respect me the way I respect them and their opinions.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts