Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Animal Functions and...​

Journeying through a major NeFi tangent (or perhaps it is just a me tangent) and I would like to share my thoughts, perhaps some would find it interesting.
I have always been mesmerized by animals and nature in general; my mind has dwelled deep in its complexity and I think that many things that drive us can be observed in the will of certain animals. You can think of this will as their "spirit," which would explain, at least to me, how the Indians could have believed in animal guides/totems.
I would like to take this concept further and connect the essence of an animal and its volution in the terms of functions. I find this symbolical sort of integration enlightening because it correlates with my belief that everything works in a collective pattern. In a sense I believe we are avatars for these different voices of the universe, expected to take in from these spiritual guidance and put our own essence back into it through our actions and expressions. Wow that was a philosophical tangent... Anyways, voila, I present to you my insane way of understanding the functions!

Se Wolfs/Dogs The Se is described as the function that is most present, enjoying the magic of this reality in the Now. If you seen dogs play you can see little concern for the future or past; they are so engrossed in the sublime experience that they can blind themselves to everything else. Their respect and sense of unity is based on strength. The fortitude of the pack and the strength their superiors in the pack, their master (owner or top dog.) The Se can act as the affable dog or as the reclusive, cunning wolf. Wolves have been correlated with con artists, womanizers and other people with covert intentions, which correlates with the misunderstanding that Se gets from others. Sure, when it comes to certain disciplines, people who notice the most miniscule details have some advantage over day-dreamers, money making being one of them, but this does not mean that it is the only way to use Se; Heavy Se users can develop an infallible sense of brotherhood with their fellow humans, even if it only stretches to a selected few selected individuals.

Fi HorsesThere is great disparity between the spirit of a tamed horse and a wild one. The heart of a wild horse beats towards the endless distances and greener pastures, unlike other herbivores (cows), it does not relinquish its sense of purpose for comfort, galloping full of fire and thunder; however, a sedated Fi juxtaposes this image by being easily led like an instrument for other people's will. This can happen from either from being "broken" by the world or by clever coaxing from a more insidious person. A domesticated horse can be one of the most heart shattering things, Specially if you have seen the elegance and indomitable fortitude that they carry themselves with when they have no master, but themselves (I was fortunate enough to experience this on El Salvador as I visited a friend.) This passionate and proud creature is truly an inspiration to me.

Ne MonkeysThese guys are a riot! They are always tinkering and inventing new ways to amaze themselves. I owned a Capuchin Monkey in Venezuela, and I can tell you that they never let you see what is coming next. They can intuitively grasp what you are trying to mime to them in ways that would astound you. Like the Ne characterization they are filled with creativity, curiosity and playfulness. They have the inventiveness to use tools and obtain food in more efficient ways. Plus, just observing the way they hang from branches tells you how zany and whimsical these beings are. I really think that heavy Ne users have more monkey energy in them that the regular human, which I find to be a blessing.

Ti Cats/TigerIn most Felines, which the exception of the Lion, one can depict a solitary soul with a strong individual grasp about their own truth. They appear confident and self collected; they stare you right in the eye upon meeting you. These felines can be quite idiosyncratic and they care little about what you think about it. Like an Ti user who is lost in thought, they can wonder for hours in unexplored territory and always find their way back. Like Ti users, cats have prodigious sense of curiosity and often obsess for their infatuations until they understand the nature behind it. When this is accomplished, all interest vanishes as quickly as it came. Cats are quite capable and assertive but at times they would rather lay elegantly and stare off into space, lost in some mysterious musing that mere human could not hope to understand.

Ni OctopusA a symbol for wisdom and flexibility,the Octopus embodies the characteristics of the Ni description; it can fit through incredibly small openings (like a hole the size of a quarter) by contorting their boneless shape and then reforming on the other size, as if it appeared on the other side by magical design. Like the Ni function, it finds little understding withing other creatures, but it relishes its enigmatic ways; it loves undisturbed solitude. The mimic octopus can cleverly impersonate the essence of many other sea creatures to escape perils, contorting into the shape of a lion fish, snake, flounder fish, and other creatures, much like an Ni actor. Also, the vision of eight independent tentacles (which scientists have discovered may have "minds" of their own) parallels the meta-perspective approach that heavy Ni users take towards finding truth.

Fe DolphinWhat better animal to embody the Fe ideals of empathy, expression and community than the dolphin? These charismatic sea mammals have a wide vocabulary and continuously use it to express most of their unfiltered thoughts. They love group activities and socializing; two things that Fe Dom’s seem to relish in. Dolphins are incredibly empathetic, sometimes working to help human in times of perils. The fact that we are of a different species seems to matter little to them. This is not something that we reciprocate to this wonderful souls, as you can see from the violence depicted in The Cove: A horrific coverage, which makes me sick to my stomach. For those of you who follow the dolphin spirit guide, I would like to thank you for you expansive love and sense of social fun.

Si Plants (not an animal, I know)
It might sound lame, but the truth is we all stand on the shoulders of the organization which plants have provided for us. Like Si users, plants work towards "being," structure and creating harmony all around them through the form of nourishment and shelter. Like Si, who tends to reside in the past, plants feed on rich compus, which carries the history of many life forms. They use this dead matter to start the cycle of life once more. The truth is that without culture, the human race not enjoy a solid sense of meaning, which would result in the disintegration of what was already accomplished. Si Dom’s protect these values in the same way that they trees protect the life of the forest.

Te Ants
Ants are the most successful life forms in the planet; they have tough exoskeletons, effective form of pheromone communication, hive mentality and incredible power in comparison to their size. One ant does not carry the Te mentality, the whole hive does; it uses each ant as an instrument for progress (in the form of expansion and fortification.) Like Te Dom’s, who have shrewd business sense, ants use their resources in expedited ways, engendering the best result possible. The government of this community is absolute and coldly unfaltering, just like the leadership one could expect from a heavy Te user. No other terrestrial being can say that they have a better sense of communal organization.

I hope you have enjoyed. Tell me your thoughts on it. I dont know

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Awesome artical! I love it! :happy:

You showed how each of the functions are extremely valuable and indispensible in there own way and related it to something (animals) that everyone can understand. I think this is a very healthy way of looking at the different functions. I especially liked your philosophical tangent about being "avatars for these different voices of the universe."

Teach me, oh wise one, how to be the avatar of the spirit essences. :bored:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome artical! I love it! :happy:

You showed how each of the functions are extremely valuable and indispensible in there own way and related it to something (animals) that everyone can understand. I think this is a very healthy way of looking at the different functions. I especially liked your philosophical tangent about being "avatars for these different voices of the universe."

Teach me, oh wise one, how to be the avatar of the spirit essences. :bored:
Thank you for the appreciation!

so Fi Ne would be a hybrid of horsiees and monkiees?
Kinda like a centaur!

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Kinda like a centaur!
Hmm...let's see if I can combine stuff!

XNFPs are centaurs. (Horse+Monkey)
XNTPs are nekojin. (Cat+Monkey)
XNFJs are mysterious creatures of the deep. (Dolphin+Octopus)
XNTJs are aquatic centipedes. (Octopus+Ant)
XSFPs are carnivorous horses/lone wolves (latter most likely for ISFP). (Horse+Dog)
XSTPs are CatDogs. (Do I need to explain this one?)
XSFJs are photosynthetic dolphins/sentient seaweed. (Dolphin+Plant)
XSTJs are pikmin. (Ant+Plant)

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Nice and flowery, but what? Is this supposed to be a description of functions or what function you think animals use?

How did this help you learn about functions?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Hmm...that explains the thing why I've always scored as a horse with different animal tests...and it also explains the thing why at other times I act like one crazy monkey! :crazy:
(Fi;Ne)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice and flowery, but what? Is this supposed to be a description of functions or what function you think animals use?

How did this help you learn about functions?
Yeah, the latter one (I can understand your confusion, I saw all the grammatical mistakes I made on the first draft...) ; I believe that functions are ways of interection that we have discovered through evolution. I dont think life created them. So I think that certain life forms have discovered these functions as well and made it their way of life. What separates us from other beings in this planet is that we are able to manipulate this different universal directives into more complete actions. For example, Perhaps, if the dolphins were more like ants, in their empirical effectiveness and sense of structure, we would have a more worthy rival in world domination or an ally that would help us in our exploration of the cosmos.
I could be wrong, but this I intude.
I like to grasp the essence of concept. It forms a more alive picture in my mind, one that my Ne can evolve into future ideas.
Si = worms

They are down-(in)to-(the)EARTH.

Plus, there's nothing more reliable than just eating dirt for nutrients :crazy:
You know, you are right! Earthworms also make the soil more fertile and end up enriching life at all levels. Somehow I like the image of forests more than a pile of earth worms :proud::...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Animal Functions and...​

Journeying through a major NeFi tangent (or perhaps it is just a me tangent) and I would like to share my thoughts, perhaps some would find it interesting.
I have always been mesmerized by animals and nature in general; my mind has dwelled deep in its complexity and I think that many things that drive us can be observed in the will of certain animals. You can think of this will as their "spirit," which would explain, at least to me, how the Indians could have believed in animal guides/totems.
I would like to take this concept further and connect the essence of an animal and its volution in the terms of functions. I find this symbolical sort of integration enlightening because it correlates with my belief that everything works in a collective pattern. In a sense I believe we are avatars for these different voices of the universe, expected to take in from these spiritual guidance and put our own essence back into it through our actions and expressions. Wow that was a philosophical tangent... Anyways, voila, I present to you my insane way of understanding the functions!

Se Wolfs/Dogs The Se is described as the function that is most present, enjoying the magic of this reality in the Now. If you seen dogs play you can see little concern for the future or past; they are so engrossed in the sublime experience that they can blind themselves to everything else. Their respect and sense of unity is based on strength. The fortitude of the pack and the strength their superiors in the pack, their master (owner or top dog.) The Se can act as the affable dog or as the reclusive, cunning wolf. Wolves have been correlated with con artists, womanizers and other people with covert intentions, which correlates with the misunderstanding that Se gets from others. Sure, when it comes to certain disciplines, people who notice the most miniscule details have some advantage over day-dreamers, money making being one of them, but this does not mean that it is the only way to use Se; Heavy Se users can develop an infallible sense of brotherhood with their fellow humans, even if it only stretches to a selected few selected individuals.

Fi HorsesThere is great disparity between the spirit of a tamed horse and a wild one. The heart of a wild horse beats towards the endless distances and greener pastures, unlike other herbivores (cows), it does not relinquish its sense of purpose for comfort, galloping full of fire and thunder; however, a sedated Fi juxtaposes this image by being easily led like an instrument for other people's will. This can happen from either from being "broken" by the world or by clever coaxing from a more insidious person. A domesticated horse can be one of the most heart shattering things, Specially if you have seen the elegance and indomitable fortitude that they carry themselves with when they have no master, but themselves (I was fortunate enough to experience this on El Salvador as I visited a friend.) This passionate and proud creature is truly an inspiration to me.

Ne MonkeysThese guys are a riot! They are always tinkering and inventing new ways to amaze themselves. I owned a Capuchin Monkey in Venezuela, and I can tell you that they never let you see what is coming next. They can intuitively grasp what you are trying to mime to them in ways that would astound you. Like the Ne characterization they are filled with creativity, curiosity and playfulness. They have the inventiveness to use tools and obtain food in more efficient ways. Plus, just observing the way they hang from branches tells you how zany and whimsical these beings are. I really think that heavy Ne users have more monkey energy in them that the regular human, which I find to be a blessing.

Ti Cats/TigerIn most Felines, which the exception of the Lion, one can depict a solitary soul with a strong individual grasp about their own truth. They appear confident and self collected; they stare you right in the eye upon meeting you. These felines can be quite idiosyncratic and they care little about what you think about it. Like an Ti user who is lost in thought, they can wonder for hours in unexplored territory and always find their way back. Like Ti users, cats have prodigious sense of curiosity and often obsess for their infatuations until they understand the nature behind it. When this is accomplished, all interest vanishes as quickly as it came. Cats are quite capable and assertive but at times they would rather lay elegantly and stare off into space, lost in some mysterious musing that mere human could not hope to understand.

Ni OctopusA a symbol for wisdom and flexibility,the Octopus embodies the characteristics of the Ni description; it can fit through incredibly small openings (like a hole the size of a quarter) by contorting their boneless shape and then reforming on the other size, as if it appeared on the other side by magical design. Like the Ni function, it finds little understding withing other creatures, but it relishes its enigmatic ways; it loves undisturbed solitude. The mimic octopus can cleverly impersonate the essence of many other sea creatures to escape perils, contorting into the shape of a lion fish, snake, flounder fish, and other creatures, much like an Ni actor. Also, the vision of eight independent tentacles (which scientists have discovered may have "minds" of their own) parallels the meta-perspective approach that heavy Ni users take towards finding truth.

Fe DolphinWhat better animal to embody the Fe ideals of empathy, expression and community than the dolphin? These charismatic sea mammals have a wide vocabulary and continuously use it to express most of their unfiltered thoughts. They love group activities and socializing; two things that Fe Dom’s seem to relish in. Dolphins are incredibly empathetic, sometimes working to help human in times of perils. The fact that we are of a different species seems to matter little to them. This is not something that we reciprocate to this wonderful souls, as you can see from the violence depicted in The Cove: A horrific coverage, which makes me sick to my stomach. For those of you who follow the dolphin spirit guide, I would like to thank you for you expansive love and sense of social fun.

Si Plants (not an animal, I know)
It might sound lame, but the truth is we all stand on the shoulders of the organization which plants have provided for us. Like Si users, plants work towards "being," structure and creating harmony all around them through the form of nourishment and shelter. Like Si, who tends to reside in the past, plants feed on rich compus, which carries the history of many life forms. They use this dead matter to start the cycle of life once more. The truth is that without culture, the human race not enjoy a solid sense of meaning, which would result in the disintegration of what was already accomplished. Si Dom’s protect these values in the same way that they trees protect the life of the forest.

Te Ants
Ants are the most successful life forms in the planet; they have tough exoskeletons, effective form of pheromone communication, hive mentality and incredible power in comparison to their size. One ant does not carry the Te mentality, the whole hive does; it uses each ant as an instrument for progress (in the form of expansion and fortification.) Like Te Dom’s, who have shrewd business sense, ants use their resources in expedited ways, engendering the best result possible. The government of this community is absolute and coldly unfaltering, just like the leadership one could expect from a heavy Te user. No other terrestrial being can say that they have a better sense of communal organization.

I hope you have enjoyed. Tell me your thoughts on it. I dont know

this is great...i was half expecting some NT snake thing

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this is great...i was half expecting some NT snake thing
It crossed my mind. I think the snake inhibit the ideals of Ni along with the octopus, which would explain why it is a symbol for wisdom in many cultures.
I dont think it has the curosity of Ti or the industriousness of Te, though. That would be a scary beast indeed; more like a dragon!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You know, you are right! Earthworms also make the soil more fertile and end up enriching life at all levels. Somehow I like the image of forests more than a pile of earth worms :proud::...
I don't blame you at all. They look better when they are caught in the beak of a bird :laughing:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts