Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are creatures attracted to you in an unexplainable kind of way? I'm an ENFP. As a kid I prided myself in being able to catch anything that flew or scurried. I could get closer to animals, especially wild ones, than mostly anyone else. On several occasions butterflies have landed on my finger or in my hair. I have 2 birds that fly to me when I outstretch my hand. 3 times in just the last month I've been on a run and dogs escape from their house or their yard and follow me. The last one followed me and listened to my commands for 45 minutes as I tried to find it's owner. My mom likes to call me Snow White. I have a similar effect on children, especially very shy ones. I joke that it's because I'm only 5 feet tall and they think I'm one of them. ;)
I'd like to know, is this an NF thing? The ability to connect with people, yes, but also animals?

·
Registered
981 Posts
I know someone who suffers from the same congenital anomaly, she attracts butterflies everywhere, her flowers grow better than everybody else's, dogs and cats like her more than their own owners. She's INFJ.

I, on the other hand, have always had problems with animals when i was little, a donkey used to get crazy angry whenever i passed near it, i tried riding it once and it threw me off its back and kicked me in the chest, but that's all changed now, i haven't seen a donkey in 15 years.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't really have anything comparable to @SophiaMarie's animal magnetism, but I do have a much greater affinity for animals than people. I feel more comfortable around them, and even tend to think of our relationships as being more genuine than the ones I have with other people.

When I worked at a veterinary clinic I was able to befriend quite a few dogs who had a propensity for shyness, male-aggressiveness, or simply being frightened and unpredictable. I really enjoyed the time I got to share with them, too; not just for how they made me feel, but because I was helping them feel better as well.

Pretty sure I've got two MBTI types: INTJ for people, ENFJ for animals.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,257 Posts
yes, animals seem drawn to me, and I usually do very well with them. It's always a surprise when I meet an animal who actually doesn't like me because it's so rare. I mean... it's not to a crazy extent, like walking up to wild animals in the forrest, but I do seem to be able to get closer to them than others, and tend to sort of 'read' them better. I sense that they know they can trust me. I think also they sense I respct them. And it is the same with children. :)

I also find that interacting with animals really makes me feel good, just... better about things in general, it feels 'right'.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yes and yes, i love all of the fur babies on this planet and I know they can sense this. If you have genuine love, concern, interest, respect for animals and children they will pick up on that, kind of like seeing your aura. Children and animals are so smart and intuitive and society does not give them the respect and credit they deserve. My favorite quote "until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened" Anatole France

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm not really super big on animals though not in any way dislike them either but they seem to love me usually. I've had butterflies land on me too. They are beautiful! :) cats follow me around and though I am not a pet person per se I have helped mediate between a pet and it's owner a few times. Lol. It's just obvious to me what the pet wants and why it's acting out the way it is! Children love me too. I think it's because I treat them with the same respect as i do adults (maybe even more. Lol.) As should be.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,369 Posts
I definitely loooove animals, and people I know do tell me that they like me too, but I haven't been with a difficult case to see how I cope then. All the pets I had were very good characters.
I'd like to volunteer in our local zoo this summer, they have chimpanzees and tigers and wolves and parrots so I think it's worthy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes and yes, i love all of the fur babies on this planet and I know they can sense this. If you have genuine love, concern, interest, respect for animals and children they will pick up on that, kind of like seeing your aura. Children and animals are so smart and intuitive and society does not give them the respect and credit they deserve. My favorite quote "until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened" Anatole France
yes, animals seem drawn to me, and I usually do very well with them. It's always a surprise when I meet an animal who actually doesn't like me because it's so rare. I mean... it's not to a crazy extent, like walking up to wild animals in the forrest, but I do seem to be able to get closer to them than others, and tend to sort of 'read' them better. I sense that they know they can trust me. I think also they sense I respct them. And it is the same with children. :)

I also find that interacting with animals really makes me feel good, just... better about things in general, it feels 'right'.
What you said is very true. I love kids, and I care very much for all living things and the world we live in. Kids look at me and smile immediately and follow me. Toddlers hand me things at the grocery store, or wherever we are. Their parents give me funny looks. A couple weeks ago I was at a party and there were these 2 adorable little girls who never saw me before that night, but by the end of it they were sitting on my lap and showing me home videos on their dads phone. Also sparking conversation. "So, what's your favorite color?" She asked me seriously, as if it were an intensely intellectual question, and handed me a lollipop. So precious.

It's funny you mention approaching animals in the forest... this past summer I was running in the woods, and I came across some deer. We just stared at each other for a minute, and then they bent down and continued grazing like "eh, no big deal". So I quietly got closer until I was 5 or 6 feet away from them, and they let me. I could have jumped on the back of one if I was quick enough. It was an incredible moment, like I belonged with the wild things in the forest. Then something moved behind me, probably another hiker. They ran and I ran with them as far as I could until they were out of site. How's that for a story...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it's more of an individual thing. But MBTI would definitely play a part for some people. I connect better with animals just because their social interactions and motivations are more consistent than human ones. I understand them better. They make more sense to me. Humans can be too variable for me at times and so I have a more difficult time with human interaction. My rapport with animals has always cracked my friends and family up. I've been consistently able to work with notoriously difficult animals that other people couldn't approach. But my cat definitely likes my ENFP boyfriend better than me. Even though I was the one who replaced her mother at two weeks old. She's now 6 years old. :/

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I've been learning about Enneagram, and I just found out my tritype 4,7,9 is called "The Gentle Spirit" or "The healer". This is suddenly making more sense.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hmm, ya know after reading through.
I think I do have an affinity to animals, except I'm a little different from you Sophia.

See, I love animals so much I want them to be a part of me, in my stomach :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts