Personality Cafe banner

3561 - 3580 of 4382 Posts

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Hm, you may be right on that, but compare him to Pip, and there's no comparison, Pip is way more affable and friendly even to those he doesn't respect at all. With Alucard, you need to earn that respect to even be on neutral terms with him. He just seems a lot like Integra, who you mentioned is an ISTJ, but more... Alucard-y. Meaning sadistic and derisive. :wink:

What type do you think Alexander Anderson is? And no, batshit insane is not a type. If it was, Shion from Higurashi would take that and run with it. :laughing:
Yeahhhhh. I could also compare him to Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler, ESTP. He's charming, friendly (even when it's mockingly), and doesn't have any sort of personally-held morals which Fi would no matter where it is in the stack. Alucard, for example, looks at qualities in people and admires them because of his own standards, such as both Seras' and Integra's unwillingness to give up. ENTJ would probably make the most sense for Alucard, I begrudgingly admit. It's just that lack of Ni that bugs me. Though I've noted with some fictional characters they have a nasty habit of not tapping into auxiliaries as much.

Anderson? Definitely ESTJ. Check it out here.

Also, I think the Major is an ENTP.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Yeahhhhh. I could also compare him to Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler, ESTP. He's charming, friendly (even when it's mockingly), and doesn't have any sort of personally-held morals which Fi would no matter where it is in the stack. Alucard, for example, looks at qualities in people and admires them because of his own standards, such as both Seras' and Integra's unwillingness to give up. ENTJ would probably make the most sense for Alucard, I begrudgingly admit. It's just that lack of Ni that bugs me. Though I've noted with some fictional characters they have a nasty habit of not tapping into auxiliaries as much.

Anderson? Definitely ESTJ. Check it out here.

Also, I think the Major is an ENTP.
Maybe it's that his Te is just so much stronger, he could even be looping. I know someone dispute typing Tywin from Game of Thrones as ENTJ because they couldn't see Ni. But it makes sense for both him and Alucard, honestly, and Alexander Anderson being ESTJ makes a lot of sense, both in the comparisons to Alucard, and Anderson himself. What about Walter? :happy:

The Major... was kind of in the background, honestly. But I guess ENTP makes sense. :wink:

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Maybe it's that his Te is just so much stronger, he could even be looping. I know someone dispute typing Tywin from Game of Thrones as ENTJ because they couldn't see Ni. But it makes sense for both him and Alucard, honestly, and Alexander Anderson being ESTJ makes a lot of sense, both in the comparisons to Alucard, and Anderson himself. What about Walter? :happy:

The Major... was kind of in the background, honestly. But I guess ENTP makes sense. :wink:
Walter? I'm not sure. He's got noticeable Fe to me, likely higher up, but I'd hardly call him a Fe-dom.

He didn't have much screen time, no, but when the Major was on screen he was dripping with Ne-Fe, haha. His metaphorical, somewhat cryptic speech combined with creepy yet oddly charming undertones is picturesque of ENTP's I've seen.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Does anyone have any opinion on what Alucard from Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate's personality type is? He stumps me. All I know is that he is most certainly an extrovert and a Thinking type, but when it comes to his functions, I'm not sure. Given, he's a pretty complex character... but it's been bugging me!
xNTJ. Not sure which way I lean, and I can see arguments for both ENTJ and INTJ.

About the other characters:

Integra: ISFP
Pip: ENFP
Seras: Likely ESFJ
Walter: ESTJ
The Major: ENFJ
Anderson: ST of some kind

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
xNTJ. Not sure which way I lean, and I can see arguments for both ENTJ and INTJ.

About the other characters:

Integra: ISFP
Pip: ENFP
Seras: Likely ESFJ
Walter: ESTJ
The Major: ENFJ
Anderson: ST of some kind
Alucard's definitely extroverted.

As for the other typings, I respectfully disagree, though fictional characters seem to be more subjective in how viewer's perceive their actions.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Walter? I'm not sure. He's got noticeable Fe to me, likely higher up, but I'd hardly call him a Fe-dom.

He didn't have much screen time, no, but when the Major was on screen he was dripping with Ne-Fe, haha. His metaphorical, somewhat cryptic speech combined with creepy yet oddly charming undertones is picturesque of ENTP's I've seen.
Maybe he could be the ISTP that we needed! :laughing:

Yeah, I see what you mean, but honestly, I was more focused on Alucard and Anderson conflicting. They were amazing, one of my favourite rivalries in anime. Not the best, though. The Major has a lot of good moments, though I tend to prefer him in Hellsing Ultimate Abridged. As with almost everyone in that abridged series. God it's amazing. :rapture:

Out of curiosity, I'd like to know your arguments for those claims.
For her typings, or her disagreeing with yours? Knowing my luck, it'd be the fact that Alucard is extroverted... even though he definitely seems to be. Least to me. :wink:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well I haven't watched it in a while. Yuki seems more like a Si-dom than Ne-aux. He's kind of thrown into a loop not by moral concerns but by not knowing what to do in situations because they are different than what he has experienced.

I just read some episode summaries to illustrate about Yuno and her lack of Fe
Episode 1: Yuno is... already a stalker? She chases Yuki and pins him to the elevator wall and kisses him.

Fe tries to make the target of their obsession comfortable, and cater to their feelings, or charm them. Just in her entrance, Yuno does pretty much the exact opposite of everything Fe is supposed to do, making Yuki feel extremely uncomfortable.

Episode 2: Yuno texts Yuki 40 times, freaking him out.

The obsessive texting is the overflow of her feelings completely shutting off thinking about what Yuki may be feeling.

Episode 3: Yuno and Yuki go on the date. Yuno drags Yuki into a pool park against the wishes of timid Yuki.

Again, not giving a damn about what Yuki is feeling. Fe tries to make their partner want something before taking them there, and if not will give up in the name of synergy.

On and on and on... probably every episode she demonstrates in some sense a complete lack of Fe.

What is she? Something that isn't __FJ. It's incredibly hard to actually give her a type. I would say Fi-Te or Te-Fi is clear. She uses coldly logical steps to arrange the external world to fit her personal feelings. She doesn't look at the external world from a "feeling" lens at all. The people around her may as well not have feelings. She doesn't really use Ti either - her logic is only applied to "how to make X happen", not to creating some sort of rational understanding of things.
I believe that is a misconception, it doesn't HAVE to manifest in that way despite the fact is trying to do that. At the core, Fe is just being attuned to other/outward emotions and feelings. Fe dom would probably be more expected to be using Fe as a means of control and maintenance to what they want but that isn't the case for auxiliary Fe, infact it can be quite impulsive.
By the way, just to mention, quite afew of the stuff you said that she pulled that seemed to make Yuki uncomfortable DID actually lead to him falling for her. So you could look at it this way ~Fe was used to support Ni goals, in other words, her means of outward expression effecting Yuki was initiated in order to result in him eventually recognizing those feelings and falling for her.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Out of curiosity, I'd like to know your arguments for those claims.
I'm curious to know why you give them your typings as well.

Well, for example Seras.
She refuses to bend her personal morals by drinking blood, claiming that it "would mean the end of something important inside of her."
This is very much an Fi trait to me. She does not care that Alucard sees her as an idiot because of this nor bends to his wishes regardless of the conflict that arises. Her bond with Alucard is a very silent and mysterious thing that's only known between them. Even with Pip she bonds pretty silently.

Integra, while she certainly does have pretty close-held morals, she always seems to give way to what's more logical and efficient to do at the time. I've got a headache, so my mind is drawing a blank. :p

The others I'd be more open for interpretation to, however, given that they just lack the amount of screen time the main characters do.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I believe that is a misconception, it doesn't HAVE to manifest in that way despite the fact is trying to do that. At the core, Fe is just being attuned to other/outward emotions and feelings. Fe dom would probably be more expected to be using Fe as a means of control and maintenance to what they want but that isn't the case for auxiliary Fe, infact it can be quite impulsive.
By the way, just to mention, quite afew of the stuff you said that she pulled that seemed to make Yuki uncomfortable DID actually lead to him falling for her. So you could look at it this way ~Fe was used to support Ni goals, in other words, her means of outward expression effecting Yuki was initiated in order to result in him eventually recognizing those feelings and falling for her.
She isn't attuned to other/outward emotions and feelings though.

Just because something "worked" doesn't make it Fe rather than Te. Not to mention there is no evidence it "worked" in the way she intended.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts

Just because something "worked" doesn't make it Fe rather than Te. Not to mention there is no evidence it "worked" in the way she intended.
I tend to see it more as her own interpretation of outside feelings. Fe isn't always right in that, especially in the case of Yuno. Unlike Yuki, she's never really focused on her own feelings, but has a more twisted appreciation for what Yuki's feeling instead. Come to think of it, that'd make ISFJ for Yuno a lot more plausible... But she's just so proactive in everything that it's hard to not view her as an extroverted type. :laughing:

Also, I find it funny how @Mantra thinks that it was some long term plan, but eventually, Yuki's the one trying to convince Yuno that it wasn't fake. :wink:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

Well I use the word attuned but I guess I think of it more of a 2 way thing, kind of like a transferring of information. So in this case its to do with expressing and receiving expression , and being perceptive of THAT communication, as opposed to the general conception that people have which is that Fe is more perceptive on the recieving side. So since it is being perceptive and attuned to the relay of emotional communication, it may not necessarily be balanced, so one may push towards expression and therefore negate the receiving aspect. This could be seen as the case for Yuno, but its just a perspective I guess, I can't really say I am right but at least I can say I have shed let on a misconception that can allow you to see it my way.

Also, I find it funny how @Mantra thinks that it was some long term plan, but eventually, Yuki's the one trying to convince Yuno that it wasn't fake. :wink:
'Plan' isn't quite the word I would use, Te is more planning. Ni is more just goal orientated. So if Ni provides solely the goal and Te is no where in sight to provide planning aspect to reach this goal, you can see Fe being adaptable and flexible maneuvering towards goal. I would say that you can see that with Yuno, she's not really planning each step but the way she is moving towards her goal is in that way I just described Fe, but that's just me I guess, may or may not be correct.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Cowboy Bebop

Spike - ISTP
Faye - ESTP
Ed - ENTP
Vicious - ENTJ
Jet - ISTJ

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I'm hearing people saying that Faye was an ENFJ pre-amnesia, but otherwise, their all on point. Spikes the ISTP posterboy (even as much as Zoro), Ed's a pretty jovial ENTP, Vicious seems like an Introvert imo, like Eons says, just 8 makes him look Te-dom, and Jet is like an ISTJ foil to Spike's ISTP (cautiousness vs recklessness)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yeah Vicious is pretty obviously INTJ. The rest are even easier to type and more obvious, except maybe Spike. He doesn't "think" too much to be a Ti dominant but it's not like any other types make more sense.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well I use the word attuned but I guess I think of it more of a 2 way thing, kind of like a transferring of information. So in this case its to do with expressing and receiving expression , and being perceptive of THAT communication, as opposed to the general conception that people have which is that Fe is more perceptive on the recieving side. So since it is being perceptive and attuned to the relay of emotional communication, it may not necessarily be balanced, so one may push towards expression and therefore negate the receiving aspect. This could be seen as the case for Yuno, but its just a perspective I guess, I can't really say I am right but at least I can say I have shed let on a misconception that can allow you to see it my way.

'Plan' isn't quite the word I would use, Te is more planning. Ni is more just goal orientated. So if Ni provides solely the goal and Te is no where in sight to provide planning aspect to reach this goal, you can see Fe being adaptable and flexible maneuvering towards goal. I would say that you can see that with Yuno, she's not really planning each step but the way she is moving towards her goal is in that way I just described Fe, but that's just me I guess, may or may not be correct.
How about that Book of Plans or whatever it is called? Does Yuno not show Te with that, if Te is very associated with planning?

3561 - 3580 of 4382 Posts